four.

loving is easy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hanbin has never been the best actor. He remembers trying out for a drama production back in highschool and being heavily rejected the moment he spoke one line by the drama club's president, Choi Rae Sung. And because of the humilation of being rejected, a 16 year old Hanbin could not stop crying his eyes out for the next few days. He could neither sing nor could he act, so what could he do for his future life? This worried Hanbin and he bcame so distressed over the thought of being talentless that he took up a common hobby: art. Hanbin dedicated his time to sketching, painting, taking pictures, composing music, and every other form of art that there was. A few years later, he became an art major at Seoul National University. 

That being said, Hanbin was obviously talented. Just not in acting. Or singing. Or playing video games. But of course, Hanbin was ridiciously good at playing piano and he was even good at writing lyrics that he could not sing. Sometimes he would spend time writing song lyrics for Jaewon and composing music with him. 

"Jiwon likes me? Jiwon is in love with me?" Hanbin spent the next few days pondering over the insane information that Jiwon had secretly passed to him. His heart bubbled up, swelling with love. His mind deliriously creating different scenarios that would happen once he became Jiwon's boyfriend. Hanbin frowned, if he ever became Jiwon's boyfriend. He was incredibly shocked when he overheard Jiwon talking to him in his sleep, but when Hanbin got back to his dorm, he flew onto his bed and smothered his crazy smile into his pillow. Luckily, Jaewon wasn't home yet, or else he would've caught Hanbin rolling around on his bed with his non stop giggles. How could such a perfect boy be in love with Hanbin? Hanbin was just a plain wallflower compared to the shining sun that was Jiwon. 

"Jiwonieeee~ kekeke" Hanbin was still smiling like a maniac, staring at a secret photo of Jiwon that he took at the rap impromtu that happened a while ago. The same rap competition that left Jiwon humilated when he lost to a certain ing Jung Jaewon. But Hanbin being the sneaky kitten that he was, managed to snap a picture of Jiwon before things turned to . He thought he looked so hot, up on stage, veins popping out on his neck as he rapped beautiful lyrics with so much passion. You could literally feel the heat in his voice. Surprisingly Jiwon was not the only obsessive one, for Hanbin had an unhealthy infatuation with the former. 

"Bro...? Uh.. the are you doing?" 

Hanbin shrieked, he was so busy making heart eyes at Jiwon's picture that he didn't even hear the door of the dorm opening. He quickly shoved his phone under his pillow. "I-I uhhhhhhhh nothing. What's up, man?" 

Jaewon, who walked into the dorm holding a takeout container of spicy tteokbokki for him and Hanbin, had suspicious written all over his face. He squinted at Hanbin, whose cheeks  were heating up in panic, “What’s on your phone, Bin? Can I see?”

Hanbin shook his head so quickly Jaewon thought he would get whiplash, “N-no man! There’s nothing to see.”

“Why’d you throw your phone under your pillow?”

“I-I was just shocked because I didn’t hear the door open.”

Jaewon thought for a few seconds. A moment later his eyes widened drastically.  “Bin... don’t tell me you were, uh, ??? Oh my god, Hanbin.”

Hanbin’s eyes grew in size too. Surprised, he yelped, “The ?! Jaewon, no stop!!”

An evil glint appeared in Jaewon’s eyes. He set the tteokbokki on his desk and crept slowly towards Hanbin’s bed. Before he could snag Hanbin’s phone from under his pillow, Hanbin snatched the device, clutching it close to his chest. “Jae! The are you doing man??? I said it was nothing.”

Jaewon smirked, “Bro, don’t worry. We all have needs. I just didn’t expect you to you know at like 6 in the afternoon. It’s almost ing dinner time man. I bought tteokbokki too. Anyways, what type of do you watch?”

Hanbin’s eyes bulged. He smacked Jaewon in the back of his head, “Shut the up Jae! I wasn’t doing a-anything.”

Rubbing the back of his head, Jaewon pouted, "Ouch Bin, Jesus, did you have to hit me that hard? is natural, you shouldn't be ashamed bro." 

"JUNG JAEWON."

"Okay okay, I'm sorry. You weren't doing anything. Heh. OUCH. THE ?! I SAID I WAS SORRY, BIN. PLEASE STOP HITTING ME!" 

"Give me the tteokbokki." 

"Ok.

 

~

 

Now that Hanbin knew Jiwon was in love with him, there was a certain glow that surrounded the boy. He was so ridiciously obessed with the idea of him and Jiwon becoming one, that the love radiated off his whole soul, illuminating his pale skin. Love proved that it does change a person. Hanbin skipped around campus, doing good deeds here and there, helping the elderly walk across the street, buying extra honey pancakes from the vendor near his dorm, etc. 

"LOVE IS AN OPEN DOORRRR~" 

All Hanbin had to do was accept the confession where Jiwon told him that he was in love with him. Then he'd happily tell the boy that Hanbin loved him too. They'd kiss and run off into a paradise where it'd just be them, making eachother happy for the rest of eternity. 

Hanbin giggled, he'd been creating scenarios in his mind ever since he heard the secret confession. Now he was just waiting for the real thing. Hanbin frowned. He'd been so distracted by his own delirious thoughts that he actually forgot when was the last time he'd seen Jiwon. Hanbin realized it's been weeks since the karaoke date so why hasn't Jiwon confessed yet? Better yet, where was Jiwon? Usually he'd spot Jiwon randomly throughout the day, maybe at the library or at the convience store, but for the past few weeks, he hasn't seen the boy nor his best friends. It was like Jiwon had fallen off the face of the earth. 

Growing anxious, Hanbin went rampant with wild thoughts. Does Jiwon not love me anymore? Did something happen to him? Is Jiwon okay? Confusion turned to worry and Hanbin found himself growing anxious over Jiwon's whereabouts, and whether or not he was doing okay and eating well. 

Hanbin whined quietly to himself, "I want to see him." But, Hanbin had no way to come in direct contact with Jiwon nor did he have his number. He cursed himself mentally. Why have I never asked Jiwon for his number? Oh yeah, cause I'm dumb as , that's why. 

Like fate was calling out to him, Hanbin suddenly caught Junhoe walking into the cafe that he was currently occupying, dreaming about Jiwon, and his brain lit up with the most brilliant idea. Junhoe was one of Jiwon's best friends so he had to know what the boy what doing, right? With this in mind, Hanbin sprung up from his seat, leaving behind his half finished iced blueberry latte and rapidly approached Junhoe. The latter was currently behind the counter squinting at the menu board above him. 

"That dumb. I forgot his order already, ," Junhoe thought anxiously. "Jinan will kill me if I mess this up." He was still staring at the menu, when Junhoe suddenly felt a tap on his shoulder. He whipped around and to his surprise, his eyes were met with Hanbin's. 

Hanbin looked almost sheepish when he spoke, "Hey Junhoe. What brings you here?" 

"I'm buying a drink." 

Hanbin flushed, he felt so embarassed. No, you idiot. He's here to rob the ing cafe. Hanbin wanted to slap himself for not thinking properly, especially whenever something remotely related to Jiwon made him feel like a new born fawn. 

In all honesty, Hanbin and Junhoe did not know eachother well, but Hanbin already had an idea that he didn't like the boy. Why's he always around Jiwon when he has his own boyfriend? Hanbin scoffed, must be a dumb boy. Like, okay you're attractive but I bet you have the intellect of a five year old. Not to mention, all you've got going for you is your height and stupid face. 

Hanbin was so engaged in his heated thinking that he didn't realise he hadn't replied to Junhoe, and the latter was looking at him with a bored look. Junhoe coughed, "So like... are you gonna say anything or can I order my drink now?" 

"Uh, it's just I've never seen you come here before. That's all." 

Junhoe sighed, "Yeah, actually I'm here to buy a drink for Jiwon. He says his favorite drink is only sold at this cafe, but I think that's bull. He probably only comes here because- oh nevermind," Junhoe started to laugh anxiously, scolding himself mentally for almost giving the big secret away. 

I knew you were up to something, you boy. Don't even try to buy Jiwon's heart with coffee, , he's in love with ME. 

Hanbin's tone turned cold, "Do you even know his favorite drink? Why have you been standing here for so long?"

Junhoe was stunned for a second. Was Jiwon's crush dissing him? He'd been nothing but kind to the boy before but today he just wasn't in the mood so sue him if he'd been a little rude. "The ?" Junhoe thought. "What a disrespectful piece- OH . Hanbin's probably jealous that I'm about to see Jiwon. yeah, time to have some fun." 

"Yeah, I know his favorite drink. I know his favorite color and his favorite movie and basically his favorite everything. Do you?" 

It was like Junhoe was trying to rub salt in his wound. Hanbin, heating up in anger, almost

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter