🍭🍬🍭

3.2, dance sessions & lip-to-lip confessions.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rest of the night consists of Junhui trying to cram for the philosophy quiz that Professor Nam threw on his classes last minute. Junhui wasn't doing great in it but at least he wasn't flunking the course. Minghao hadn't made it back to the apartment that the two of them shared yet but it wasn't out of the norm for that to happen a day or two out of the week.

Funny enough, the ever so handsome Minghao could be considered a ladies' man if only he would realize the power he holds over the female portion of the student body. 

Even Junhui sees it but what is the point in telling Minghao that when all he'll do is brush it off and tell him that he's 'overexaggerating'. Shaking his head at the image that popped up in his head of Minghao helplessly denying the truth, Junhui went back to scanning the notes he had typed up on his laptop during class. He was sitting at the kitchen bar when Minghao decides to bust through the front door, a woman following right behind him. Junhui always has a hard time remembering her name as he's only made her acquaintance thrice but still, he greets her as she waves at him in return. He used to think that Minghao had a crush on her but his friend instantly shot down the accusation saying he 'has no chance'. 

What girl was so blind that she couldn't see the greatness that is Xu Minghao?

"Are you studying for the philosopy test?" Minghao asks as he walks to the fridge after discarding his items in the living area. He pulls out three cans of cola and tosses one to the no-name girl and then slides one over to Junhui.

"Yeah, it's a load of crap," Junhui grumbles as he jots down a phrase from his notes and circles it heavily with his pen in order to research the term later. "Nam is out to make us all fail."

"I second that," the woman pipes up with her soft voice. "I heard from students last year that he's one of the toughest professors around and he's especially hard on us dancers. Perhaps he has some sort of vendetta against us because his first love was a ballerina or something."

"Dabin," Minghao begins as he walks over to pop the lid on her drink before handing it over to her again. "That's a pretty elaborate hypothesis, I must say."

Dabin. Lee Dabin, Junhui almost snaps his fingers as her name pops up in his mind. Dabin is a dance student like them yet she isn't quite as good. She passed the auditions with no problems but Junhui would assume it had a lot to do with her looks or the connections from her family. Not that he was trying to discredit her for the abilities that she does possess but he wouldn't put her on the same level as he or Minghao. Besides that, Dabin seems to have a pretty decent personality and her laugh is charming but not as whimsical as Sung Jiyeon's.

He hadn't seen Jiyeon around in the last two days since giving her the tour of the university. She had mentioned something about seeing an advisor in order to get her schedule straightened out so perhaps she'll end up in one of his classes but that's just wishful thinking. 

Junhui had been so zoned out with Jiyeon on his mind that he didn't hear Minghao and Dabin playfully bickering with one another until they both plopped down at the island and pulled out their laptops as well. Every students chooese to type their notes up from philosophy instead of handwriting due to the ridiculous speed the Nam-monster goes when lecturing; in truth, this way is the most efficient when you're trying very hard (like Junhui) to pass the class with a decent enough grade. 

"So what're your grades looking like, Junhui?" Dabin always manages to say his name with a sense of airiness. Usually, her breathing seems so normal up until the point of having to say his name.

It's something that Junhui has come to realize about Dabin although it cannot be helped that he is sensitive to other's speech patterns while living abroad; it helps him  to differentiate who's a foreigner like him or a native to the country.

"I am currently holding a D." He admits, his cheeks warming in embarrassment. "I say that's good considering who the professor is."

"At least you're honest," she chuckles and so does Minghao before shifting his eyes back to his laptop to jot down some notes. "I hold a B currently so if you need some tutoring, I don't mind helping you. I've helped out Minghao here plenty of times."

"She's fantastic," his friend absent-mindedly adds as he begins to gnaw on the end of the pen within his grasp. "And she doesn't charge," he mumbles before writing something else down.

Well I hope she wouldn't, Junhui thinks before considering the offer. It wouldn't necessarily hurt to have Dabin help him improve in a class that was ultimately bringing his GPA down and if the rest of the semester

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter