3rd Shot: SaMo

Those Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3th Shot: Things You Said When We Held Hands(SaMo)

 

(A/N: Sorry if this was late, like really, really late. I'm preparing for the finals which is tomorrow and I don't have any Wi-Fi at home right now. So yeah! I won't you keep you from reading this. And don't worry, it's not angst.)

 

"Sana?" A voice reverberated throughout the apartment. It was one of those days where Momo was actually home. Being a Detective Inspector means that you have to work overnight, sometimes sacrificing sleep and meals(that was one of the things Momo hated about her job though). And not going home to Sana's loving arms. But for tonight, until the next week, she's off to have her precious time with her beloved girlfriend. They already went through a lot in four long years. Since the first time they met until now. Leaving her shoes by the front door, she heads towards their shared room.


FLASHBACK

That time, she was just newbie, careless, wild, and reckless. That's why when she saw a girl on the verge of being molested down a dark alleyway, it fueled her flames of fury and ran to pummel her fist to the man's face. Until the said man shoved a knife down her right hand. "Ah ." She winced in pain before trying to beat up the guy again. Her situation was gradually getting worse. Luckily for her one of her colleagues were nearby, tasing the daylights out of the guy. It didn't make the blood on her hand stop flowing though and thankfully, the girl she helped already called the emergency hotline.

 

Inside the hospital, the girl was kind enough to accompany her. While Nayeon bandages her hand(and scolding her for the umpteenth time, she knows all of the staff here considering how many times she had been here), she takes a good look at the said girl. Brown hair, small brown eyes, nose of fair height, cute pink lips, a fair complexion and a smaller body frame than hers. It was no wonder someone would wanna do bad things to this girl. She is very, very beautiful(until now, Momo still can't get over how this walking exihibition of perfection is hers, well at least not at that time) she looks so innocent and pure.

 

"Are you okay?" Momo attempts to break the cold silence. "Oh yeah, just a bit shaken up but I'm fine. Can't say the same for you though. Thank you for saving me earlier and I'm sorry for what happened to your hand." The girl offered a small awkward smile. "Good to hear then. And don't be sorry miss..." It dawned to the officer that she hadn't asked for the girl's name yet. "Sana, Minatozaki Sana." Sana introduced herself with a giggle. "Oh! A fellow Japanese! I'm Hirai Momo! Nice to meet you~" Momo perked up until Nayeon pulled on her bandage making her settle down on her seat. "Stop moving you idiot. It's the third time you've been here for the past two weeks. Do you want a bullet stuck in your skull next time?" The nurse said bitterly although her facial expression is giving away her worry for the officer. 

 

"Umm, thank you and sorry again. I have to leave now, my friends might be worried about me." Sana stood up and politely bowed. "Wait a moment! Can I have your number? I wanna be friends with you. Seeing that we're both Japanese and I just moved here and I don't have much friends yet so I--" Momo was cut off when she felt her left hand being held, a cool feeling on the back of her hand. "There. You can call me if you want. I kind of don't have a lot of friends as well." Sana showed her a grin and walked away. Little did Momo know, her heart already went with the cute girl that looks like a hamster.

------------12-29-----------

The next time they saw each other was when Momo was on her way home. On a motorbike that looks too big for a girl such as herself, she saw Sana walking wobbly, tripping and laughing at herself. She couldn't ignore the girl, seeing that she's most likely to pass out sooner or later so she stopped and walked towards the latter. "Miss Minatozaki? Are you alright?" She stood in front of Sana. "Huh? Officer Hi*hic*Hirai? What're *hic* you doing he-here?" Sana looked into her eyes. It looked like she was crying for hours and then she drank a whole lot. "I saw you on my way home. Do you need help? Do you want me to drive you home?"

 

"I don't ha*hic* have a home. Th-they *hic* kicked m-me out*hic*" The younger smiled as if it was nothing, pretending that shedidn't really care. "Do you want to just stay at my house? It's fine cause I don't really have company." Momo offered to which Sana happily nods and takes the officer's hand. "Yo-you have to li *hic* listen to my f-funny stories and *hic* you ha-have to tell me *hic* y-yours!" Sana swings their hands together and walked forward but failed terribly. "I'm gonna lead you to my bike okay?You look like you're having a hard time standing up." Momo helped her stand up and led her by the hand. "Just hang on for a bit then we're gonna drink cocoa and tell stories in my place." 

 

But as if it's a running gag or some kind of sick joke, another motorcycle came out of nowhere. Out of reflex, Momo used her left hand to brace them from the impact, breaking the headlights in the process. Of course, her hand wasn't enough to throw off the vehicle so it made the officer fly a few feet from where she's standing. The pain was numbing enough to make her feel as if she was already on the verge of dying. The last thing she heard after was the voice of Sana calling her name and felt some drips of warm tears on her cheeks. And it hurts more cause she knows it wasn't from her own eyes.

-------------12-29------------

Momo wakes up in the hospital, with Sana soundly sleeping on the couch making her feel relieved than in the current state she's in. She feels a sudden jolt of pain when she tried to move beside the sleeping figure. ", not again." She sighed in annoyance. "Who's fault is it anyway?" She heard a familiar voice near the door. Nayeon was holding a tray of hospital food(Momo doesn't like it) along with the doctor, Ms. Myoui, who had a face of concern for the officer. "You really like involving yourself in accidents don't you Momo?" The doctor started walking beside her and write notes in her tab. "At least I'm not dead Minari, I'm alive and kicking! See?" Momo moved her arms for her friend to see but failed when her left arm started acting up. "Fine, a bit hurt. But it'll get better!" The officer tried to convince Mina. "I know Momo, you're like, one of the toughest person I have met in my life. But you've got to be careful okay? Your parents have been calling me since they found out about the incident. Hana's pretty worried too." The statement made Momo frown, she didn't want them to worry about her. Especially her little sister.

 

"Tell them I'm fine Mina. But if I didn't to it, she would've gotten hurt too." She looked at Sana's direction, who seems to be mumbling something in her sleep. "Sana? You know her?" Mina asked in a surprised voice. "Uhh a little? I met her about 3 or 4 weeks ago. The last time I went here and Nayeon scolded me for it. Again." Momo made a teasing face at the nurse prompting Nayeon to pinch her cheek. "Be thankful! I'm feeding you when I could just spill this all over your face." Nayeon spat back. "You wouldn't, you love me~" Momo opened awaiting for the next scoop of what it seems to be 'porridge' in this place.Nayeon shoved the spoon a little harder making her choke on the food. "The heck Nayeonnie. What have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter