Epilogue

Another chance : A Doll's House sequel

 

“So Umji, your internship is ending soon enough right ? Six months already…time flies really”

I said, a bit nostalgic. This girl was the perfect PA, unfortunately for me she wanted to pursue her study and declined my job offer. I would for sure look after her from afar.

“It..it does Miss Kim.” She said, still nervous like her 1st day.

“If you need anything for your report and thesis, don’t hesitate to call me anytime okay ?”

“Yes, thank you. But Miss Kim, is there anything you need ? I don’t want to interrupt your meeting.”

She said politely, looking at my guest. that was when the grin which threatened to burst on my lips finally found its way.

We were in my office and like I’m used to during the lunch break, I took place in the lounge part I arranged. I had asked Umji to come here as soon as she finished her lunch, since I had a surprise for her.

 “Well, there is a reason why I called you in the middle of my meeting”

I started, feeling mischievous.

“Since I feel bad about crushing your lifetime opportunity to meet your favorite author last time, my friend here has something for you.”

I said, looking at my right, where the most beautiful woman I ever saw was sitting.

“Miss Umji, I just wanted to give you this. I’m pretty sure your boss here will give you a worthy bonus as well, but since she’s a party pooper, we never had the pleasure to meet last time.”

She said, handing her book to Umji.

“Hey, I am not !” I said childishly.

My intern looked at the both of us with curiosity and confusion, certainly wondering why she was given a signed version of “Doll”.

“By the way Umji ah, this is Moonstar.” I said, my smile even wider.

“Oh my god !” she exclaimed, her eyes getting bigger. She suddenly stood on her feet and bowed multiple times to Byulyi, and I couldn’t help laughing at the scene.

“I heard you are a big fan of my book, thank you Umji ah.”

Byulyi said, a genuine smile on her lips.

God, she was so pretty when she smiled.

She exchanged a few words with my intern when I was not very discretely gawking at her. The way her eyes brightened while listening to Umji explaning her theories on the book, how she would clap her hands together, sharing tips with her. I was just fascinated by her, from her scrunching nose to her new short and orange hair, which suited her perfectly, I loved everything about her. 

 “That’s a deal then, I’ll see you after work today, given your boss agreed to spend some time without me.”

I heard Byulyi said, bringing me back to earth.

“Hey !”

“I’m only saying the truth, you are a needy girl Kim Yong Sun” she said, teasing me.

Well, she had a point. Even if I was too pride to admit it in front of my intern, I could become very needy when it came to Byulyi. One months after our epic reunion, we were getting to know each other thoughtfully, and I ing loved it. Of course, the distance . But as we promised, we were calling each other every day, sometimes several times a day. Whenever one of us was free, we would go and see the other. I felt like a teenager again, having my first love.  But as we agreed, we were taking things slow and it was just great to talk so much with her. She was nothing like the girl I thought I knew in the manor, and even if I wasn’t madly in love with her, I would still be greedy for her attention.

My reverie was interrupted by the sound of my phone. Back to business I guess. As I stood and walked toward my desk, I noticed Umji bowing one last time to Byulyi before going out of my office.

I stood by the front of my desk, the handset in hand when I noticed the caller, which made me smile. It was Heejun, Byulyi’s older brother. The two of them met again a few days prior, and Byulyi literally dragged me with her for this meeting. Her family was something I didn’t bring up, because I knew she would refused to see her folks so I told her beforehand she didn’t has to meet with any members of her family if she didn’t want to.  But she explained to me that the bond linking her to her brother was deep, and the two of them never talk about their family business, as they both despite it. It was an emotion filled reunion for the both of them, and when Heejun learnt about the wedding cancellation, he went to hug me to show his gratitude which was pretty weird as he was a business partner.

Speaking of business, his call was mainly about a deal we had going on. Being the only CEO of their family business, Heejun was able to finally take all the decision alone, and his action made quite a positive impact. The both of us were quite a pair, and after we spent months fixing his father and Eric Mun wrong doing, we became friends. So him accepting and supporting my relationship with his sister was just awesome, something I will forever be grateful.

“And don’t forget about tomorrow at lunch !”

He said, ending his call in a lighter note. He spoke so loud, even Byulyi heard him.

“We won’t!” she replied to him, suddenly close to me enough to speak in the handset. Then, she led my hand to the phone, ending the call. I softly gasped at our contact, and she noticed it, smirking a little.

Her boldness.

This was something I discovered within the month. Back in the manor, she wasn’t this bold, nor she wasn’t cheeky like she was now.

And trust me, I loved this discovery.

“So Miss Kim, will you take me somewhere this afternoon ?” she started, obviously flirting.

“I wanted to, after my call conference, but it looks like you have a private fanmeeting with Umji later.” I said, disappointed.

“Can you delay it ? I’ll be leaving tomorrow after our lunch with Heejun oppa, I thought we could have a date or something like that.” She asked me. We didn’t move from my desk and I was basically trapped between my furniture and Byulyi. Her left hand took mine and mechanically our fingers interlocked. Our eyes fixed together, I couldn’t help a blush to softly burn my cheek, translating the emotion I had whenever I was close to her.

“A date ? I really want to do that” I said, my voice softer.

“But I really can’t miss this call…this is a onetime opportunity. I’ll call Taecyeon after this, I will told him we’ll cancel our dinner tonight and-“

“Don’t do that, I really want to meet your friend unnie.” She said, pleading. Unknown to her she said it is way too cute way for me, making my body reacting immediately. With my free hand I went to her cheek, and a smile I knew I would keep for the rest of the day grew on my lips.

“Okay, but when are we going to have this date then ?”

“I guess, you’ll have to come to Jeonju this weekend.”

“Wait, I won’t be able to wait 3 days to have a date with you.”

“You spoiled girl, it’s not like we won’t spend all the time together until tomorrow.”

“Sure, but the idea of being alone with you is very, very endearing.” I replied, slowly putting my arms around her neck.

“Unnie, I sleep in your guest room. We literally spend all our time together.”

“Yeah..the guest room..”

“Don’t sound too disappointed Miss Kim, you know the rules.”

At first I thought the rules she was talking about were merely a joke her friends put on me to “allow” me to see Byulyi again. They told me I had to respect several of them if I wanted to be with her. However when I went in Jeonju the first time, I realized how serious they were. But I couldn’t blame them, knowing our past. But in Seoul, I knew she was using the “rules” excuse only to tease me.

 “When will my trial period would finally over ?” I said, quite desperate.

“They haven’t said anything about the end for it.”

“Bloody hell !”

“Stay strong unnie.” She said, laughing at my dramatic act.

“So…I gotta go too, Hyojin unnie actually want to see me. I’ll see you later ?”

“Of course love.” I replied, pouring all my feeling in these words.

“By the way, Hyojin unnie is still waiting for that partnership you promised her. She said and I quote “this is the last she can do for ruining my perfect fansign” “

“Tell her I am not forgetting about it.” I said, releasing her from my arm.

Leaning against my desk, I watched as she took back her belongings, my love for her running through my veins and keeping me warm and happy.

“I’ll be going” she said softly, looking at me one last time. But before she could open the door of my office, I walked toward her and took her hand, making her stop. She turned around and like in any cheesy and romantic movie, her movement was in slow motion, and I could appreciate the way her orange hair flew  through the wind, how her beautiful face harbor a surprised and cute expression.

“What is it unnie ?”

“Have a nice afternoon Byulyi.” I said before aiming for her cheek. I kissed it, gently, staying longer than I should have, I was just loving being so close to her. What she did next got me by surprise. With both of her hands she took my head and looked at me, her emotion glistering from her eyes, her love radiating from her body.

“You cutie. Good afternoon unnie.” She said, before closing the gap between us.

She kissed me, on the lips, something I wasn’t’ allow to if we followed the rule made by her friends. She kissed me and I kissed her back, putting my arms around her waist, savoring the taste of her sweet lips.

If we were in the same cheesy movie, a love song would have start playing in the background, maybe even firework. I swear I could almost feel it. It was an innocent yet passionate kiss, which end too soon for my liking. Then, she looked at me briefly and giggle, shy like a teenager would.

“Gosh, I love you Byulyi” I said out loud.

“I love you too, unnie.” She said, the hand on the door handle.

As she left my office, I returned to my desk, my silly smile was getting wider. I was happy, she made me happy and what was ever better was the expectation I had for the future, our future.

It was only the beginning for us.


 
Here it is, the last update for Another chance !
To think I just wanted to write an epilogue for "A doll house"...I have too many ideas lmao x)
I would like to thanks the awesome people who help me for this fic ! @_solarist , @kidsharkloq and @themoonbyulyi  they are the best istg (go follow them on twitter btw !!)
And thank y'all for reading my story as well ;_____; 
I have a lot of fic to finish here on aff, and well 2017 was exhausting for me, because of my work I barelly had time to focus on my fic but now that things are going smoothly there, I've found the will to write again, so expect more release from me +________+