(2)

The Story of my First Love

“Good Morning” I said tiredly as I walked into the kitchen. Jihyo was making breakfast as I entered. “coffee” she said handing me a cup. I took and cup and sipped slowly gaining energy. “finally found your car keys I see” she said moving my breakfast plate to me. “ nae” I said stuffing bread into my mouth. After I finished I grabbed my bag and headed out the door.

“ Good Morning jisoo sshi” I heard Soohyun’s voice say. I looked up from my phone. “ Good Morning” I said shyly walking towards him. He pressed the elevator button and we both stood there in silence. “ going to the orphanage today?” He asked turning towards me. I looked towards him nodding. He remembered. A small smile formed on my lips.The elevator door opened and we both stepped in. We both stood in the back agaisnt the wall. Today for some reason I felt more shy than normal. I looked over at Soohyun. his profile is so beautiful. I turned forward again. The elevator door opened and he walked out first heading outside. I stepped out the elevator and my key dropped so I bent down to get it. I heard Soohyun cheerfully greet someone. Then a high pitched voice greeted him back. When I finally looked back up he was talking to a very pretty girl. Something in my chest just tensed up. She is so much more prettier than me. who is she?. The more I was thinking about it, the more my chest caved in. He got into his car with her and they pulled out of the parking lot.

I stood there frozen. I just stared out the door. anyo anyo jisoo calm down. I felt a little relief and made my way out the building and to my car. After a few minutes I found my car and drove out of the parking lot heading to the orphanage. The woman and Soohyun kept popping into my head. I pulled into the orphanage and got out. I opened the door and headed inside. It was quiet, which is unusual for this house. I walked into the kids room and Nuri was still sound asleep. she was rustling. I put the covers over her closed the door and went to check on Halmeoni who was also sound asleep with aboji.

 

I walked into the kitchen and started to prepare breakfast. I checked around to see if anything was needed and made a list. After finishing breakfast I cover it up. I cleaned the living room and the kitchen and headed out to the store. As I walked around the mart this issue came to mind again. I’m not in any type of relationship with him he has the right to have a girlfriend.  I picked out the things I needed and headed to the cashier. A man passed in front of me and dropped a pack of yogurt. “ ah sir” I called picking up the yogurt. He stopped. I walked up to him. He turned around to face me and reached for the yogurt. I looked up at his face.  handsome. He took the yogurt without saying thank you and walked up to the cashier. “rude” I said. He turned around with his piercing eyes and smirked. Then walked out of the mart. “boya” I whispered to myself pouting.

I paid for the things and made my way out of the mart to my car. I felt a little more depressed than usual as I drove back to the orphanage. I entered the house to be greeted by Nuri. Nuri and I went to the library and went to watch a movie. When I got her back home the kids were all ready for dinner. I helped Halmeoni fix dinner and we all enjoyed it together.

 

As I walked into the restaurant everything seemed really busy. “jisoo can you help with waiting today?” manager said as I walked out of the locker room. I nodded in agreement. I got a book and pen and headed to the Vip section where manager had assigned me. The issue I dreaded all day was there. I could feel my chest caving inch by inch as I walked closer to Soohyun’s table. The closer I got the prettier she looked. “ annyeonghaseyo thank you for the wait what can I get you?” I said holding my head down with my pen and paper ready. “ah jisoo sshi” Soohyun said smiling. hajima don't smile. “ ah annyeonghaseyo Soo Hyun sshi” I said forcing a smile. “ your name tag says Chef why are you waiting?” the woman said from the other side.  I could sense of sarcasm in her voice but I ignored it. “ we are really busy today” I replied politely. “ ah clara this is jisoo my neighbor” Soo Hyun said introducing me. I bowed. “ jisoo this is clara” she just stayed in her sit and did a simple “Hi”. I took their orders and quietly left. “ yah jisoo” make the jangpoong Mina is here to take over” manager said I gave mina the order and started to cook. I did one more glance at their table. Soo Hyun looks quite happy. why does that make me sad?  As the business calmed down we all finally got a breather.

 

“you okay jisoo” Mina said handing me a water. I nodded taking it. “ chincha?” she asked again looking worried. “ nae” I said smiling. “ just tired you know”. She smiled and nodded understandingly. Mina and I closed up the restaurant. I drooped her home and was now on my way home. I parked my car and started to walk inside the building. I heard Soo Hyun and Clara. She sounded very drunk. I stopped in front of the building. Soo hyun placed her in a cab and told the driver her address. The cab left and Soo hyun let out a sigh. I started to make my way into the building again. “ah jisoo sshi” he said as he saw me. I smiled and bowed. “ finally finished work?” he asked as we entered the building together. “nae” I said. He pressed the button for the elevator and we waited. “ rough night?” I asked breaking the silence. He turned to me with a confused look. “ Clara sshi” I said. He facepalmed as he realized. “ ah nae she just broke up with her boyfriend so that's how she became like that” he laughed looking embarrassed. I giggled. That means she's not his girlfriend. “ she always gets like that” he said. The elevator door opened and we entered. I giggled. He turned to me and smiled. The elevator stopped on our floor and we both stepped out. “well good night” he said as he stopped. “ good night” I said bowing. He also bowed and we both started walking for our apartments. I entered my apartment and closed the door behind me. I sighed. I took my shoes off,put it away and headed for my room. I washed up and went to bed. Thank god tomorrow is the weekend.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened my eyes to the beaming sunlight. My vision became clear as I just laid there and scanned around my room. I sat up on my bed. I could her Jihyo’s footsteps outside my room. I got off the bed and headed to the bathroom. I washed up and chose the most comfortable outfit I could coordinate.

“morning sleepy head” Jihyo said as I entered the kitchen. I just stuck my tongue out at her. I opened the fridge and got out the eggs. As I prepared breakfast. Jihyo was getting ready to go to work. We ate together then she was out the door. Maybe I should go to the library I thought to myself as I washed the dishes. I dried my hands and went into my room to grab my phone and car keys. I put on my shoes and was out the door. I walked out of the building towards my car.

I drove to a small library in town and got a few books. I was now sitting in the park on the bench reading. Although I am lost in my book I sensed someone sit next to me but I didn’t bother to look. My phone started to vibrate causing me to put the book down. “yobosayo” I answered. “ ah unnie” I heard Nuri’s voice from the other end. I smiled. “ ah nuri-ah annyeong” I said placing the book besides me. She started to go on and on about why I should be at the orphanage and I could here the kids causing a ruckus in the background. When she finally hung up I kept laughing to myself. As I went to reach for the book it wasn’t there. I looked besides me and the man that sat besides me had it in his hands reading it. I looked at him and he looked familiar. He turned to face me with a smirk on his face. “ oh the rude person from the mart” I yelled out pointing to him. His expression turned serious. “ rude is that your first impression of me”  he said handing me the book. I nodded taking the book. He chuckled. “ well I am sorry I was in quite a rush” He said reaching out his hand. “ Choi Seung Hyun ibnida” I looked at him surprised but took his hand. “ Park Ji Soo ibnida” I said introducing myself. “ apology accepted than Ji Soo sshi?” he asked still holding my hands. I smiled. “ nae” I said as we let go. a bit werid “ do you like to read?” He asked pointing to the book. I nodded. “ It seemed quite interesting from the few pages I read” He said facing forward and looked at the children play. maybe he is not so rude. “ It is It’s like the 10th time I have read it” I said. He turned to me with an amused look. “what?” I asked. He just shook his head and went back to the children. weird. As we both sat there in silence again he got up. “ see you another time Ji Soo sshi” He said walking off. He stopped in his tracks turned around and winked at me then walked off again. I could feel my face becoming red and my heartbeat started to increase. boya. I held the book against my chest.