(1)

The Story of my First Love

“ Jisoo ppali it’s almost time” Jihyo yelled from outside my room. “ ah chincha I’m coming” I said searching for my keys. “ah keys where are you?” I asked well, my keys. “ Jisoo ppali” Jihyo yelled again. “ ah forget it I’ll just take the bus” I said opening my door and running out. “here” she said handing me my purse. I took it, grabbed a piece of bread and was on my way out the apartment. “ you forgot poong poong”  jihyo said throwing the stuffed animal towards me. I caught it and was out the door.

 

As I was running towards the elevator it started to close. “please hold the elevator” I yelled as loud as I could. A foot stuck out and stopped the door from closing I let out a sigh. “ ah kamsahamnida” I said bowing as I entered the elevator. “ your welcome” a deep male voice said. My heart instantly started pounding as I realized who’s voice it was. I could feel my face going red. I looked up and met his eyes. He smiled the most beautiful smile ever. I turned instantly. The elevator was silent. when it reached the last floor he stepped out first and I followed right behind him. As he got outside the building I let out a sigh of relief. why can’t you just say hi I thought to myself. I face palmed. I  walked out of the building and started walking to the bus stop. I got on the bus, scanned my card and went to take a seat. It was 8:00 in the morning so not many people were on the bus.

 

I got off at my stop and made my way inside to start the job I love. “ Jisoo Jisoo” Nuri yelled as I walked into the orphanage. I smiled and placed poong poong down and picked her up. “ morning Nuri” I said smiling brightly at her. “ Good Morning” she giggled. Nuri was only a few second old when she was brought to us. Her big sparkling eyes made me fall in love with her instantly. She's just an energetic ball of sunshine. “ everyone left for school?” I asked placing her down. She nodded. “ grandma is sleeping I didn’t want to wake her” she said talking a little quieter. “ good job” I said rubbing her head. she giggled. “ what do we have to get from the mart today?” she asked as we made our way to the kitchen. “ I don’t know let’s see” I said taking the list off the fridge. I looked over the list and it looked like a lot. “ can we get strawberries” she asked looking up at her. She looked sad knowing that there might not be enough money for her to get strawberries. “ you’re in luck today it’s on the list” I lied. she smiled and ran to go get her shoes and jacket. I smiled.

 

“ how come we’re taking the bus today unnie” she asked as we got on the bus. “ I couldn’t find my car keys” I pouted. she giggled. She moved to the back of the bus and took a seat and I sat right next to her.

We reached the market. Nuri held my hands as we walked around to find the food we needed. “ this one seems healthy” she said picking up a bag of carrots. As we got more of what we needed she kept giving suggestions. “ look the strawberries” she yelled excitedly running towards them. I smiled following behind her. “ hello there young lady” ajushi said greeting her. she smiled. “ annyeonghaseyo 15 strawberries please” she said pointing to them. He picked up a bag and put in the strawberries handing them to her and I handed him the money. As we were on our way he stopped us and gave us two free extras. We got onto the bus again and headed back to the orphanage.

“ Halmeoni look we got strawberries” Nuri said excitedly as we entered the house. Halmeoni looked at me worried. “gwenchanayo” I mouthed to her. She smiled thankfully and hugged Nuri. I walked into the kitchen to put the food away. Halmeoni, nuri, and I finished cleaning and we just sat down to eat watermelon and strawberries while watching dramas.

*4:00*

“ Jisoo unnie/noona” the kids yelled as they entered the house. I hugged each and everyone of them. I helped them with homework, played with them a little, and now was preparing dinner. “ Jisoo do you have to work tonight?” Halmeoni asked cutting the greens. I nodded stirring the stew. I looked over to her and I could see the sadness in her eyes. “ gwenchanayo Halmeoni I love doing this everyday” I said back hugging her. she smiled. “ I wouldn’t trade those rascals for anything.” We laughed. We finished dinner and we all sat down and ate together. by 7 the kids left to wash up. “goodnight everyone” I said closing the door. I walked out the house and headed for the bus stop.I got on and headed for the restaurant. I got there in time. I put on my apron and got to work.

*12:00*

“ah” I said as I finished my bottle of water. “ You work yourself too hard” my manager said sitting next to me at the table. I turned and smiled. “ how are the kids?” he asked. I sighed. “ they’re growing to fast ” I said pouting. we both laughed. “ that’s good to hear” he said jokingly. I smiled. “ lock up and go home and get some rest” he said getting up and walking away. “nae” I answered smiling. I went to the locker room and got my things. I turned off all the lights in the restaurant and locked up.

I was now walking to the bus stop and the empty streets is kinda scary. The bus pulled up and I got on. There were only two other people on the bus. Well it is 12:00am. I am the last one to get off. I started walking to my apartment building. The feeling of tiredness started to fill me. I entered the building and headed for the elevator. I entered and as it was about to close a foot stopped the door and he stepped in. My tired body instantly felt energized again he bowed and I bowed. The elevator was filled with silence. My vision started to become a little blurry. “woah are you alright” he asked looking worried. I could feel his hands on my waist. “ ah nae” I said blinking hard to see if I could get back my vision. I didn't even feel myself fall. Is that possible?. The elevator door opened on our floor. “ where do you live….ah” he asked helping me out of the elevator. “ jisoo… park jisoo” I slurred still stumbling a bit. Before I could embarrass myself more I pointed to the end of the hall where my apartment was. He put most of my wieght onto himself and helped me all the way there. I found enough strength to punch in the code. “ Lee Soohyun ibnida” he said as we entered the apartment. I know I sat down at the door to take off my shoes. I looked up at him. He still seemed a little worried. “ kamsahamnida” I said clearly this time. As I got up to bow ,I started to stumble again and He caught me. I looked up and caught his eyes. I could feel my cheeks getting red. They look so beautiful . He smiled. He started to lead me farther into the apartment. “ where is your room jisoo?’ he asked without thinking I pointed to it. He lead me into my room and placed me onto the bed. Before I could thank him again I was out cold all I could remember was his beautiful smile.

---Next Day---

“yah jisoo-ah” Jihyo said shaking me. I opened my eyes and the sun almost blinded me. “yeah” I groaned. My vision finally became clear and Jihyo was in front of me with a worried look. “ what?” I asked sitting up. “what happened?” she asked with a raised eyebrow. I looked at her blankly. she sighed. “when I came home your stuff was left outside and you’re sleeping in your work clothes” she said sternly. I looked down at myself, then everything started to come back. I could feel my face getting red. “ what are you sick? you're so red” Jihyo said feeling my face. “ he helped me” I whispered mostly to myself. “ who?” Jihyo asked looking confused. I looked up to her. “ Soohyun sshi” I said squeezing my hands against my face. Jihyo eyes opened wide. “ you finally talked to him” she said excitedly taking my hands. I nodded excitedly. she pulled me into a hug. “ this could be the end of your one sided love” she said hugging me tighter.I blushed. “ you don’t know that” I said pulling back. she smirked “but you want it to be”. I pouted but in the end I started smiling. Jihyo got off the bed and walked out of my room to the living room. how should I thank him I thought to myself. I got off my bed and walked into the bathroom to freshen up.

 

“ what time is it?” I asked as I walked into the kitchen. “10 am” Jihyo said taking the ramyun out of the cabinet. My eyes almost fell out of my head. I ran to my room looking for my phone. “ don’t worry I already called halmeoni and the manager and told them you’re home sick today” Jihyo yelled from the kitchen. I exhaled deep relief over filled me. I made my way back to the kitchen. I sat at the table. “ should I make him kimbap to say thank you?” I asked Jihyo. I looked at her and she wore a evil smirk on her face. “ what?” I asked shyly. She just shook her head. “ you should to say thank you of course” She said bringing the raymun to me. “ okay” I said still questioning her smirk. We ate and jihyo left for work. I put away the dishes and got out the ingredients for the kimbap. When I finished I kept arguing with myself whether I should take it to him or let Jihyo do it or just leave it in front of his door or not give it to him at all.  I made up my mind and put on my shoes ready to leave the apartment.He might know what happened to my phone. As the door closed behind me I leaned on it trying to slow down my heart beat. I started to walk towards his apartment. I stopped and looked down the hallway he was by the elevator and it seemed he was struggling with his groceries. I quickly walked towards him. “ need some help?” I asked bending down and putting some of the things that fell out back into the bag. He smiled. I picked up a few bags, he got the heavy ones and we made our way to his apartment. My heartbeat started to increase.

He opened his apartment door and we entered.

“ you can just place them on the counter” he said I nodded and walked over to the counter putting down the bags. He moved next to me and placed his bags also. “ thank you” he said turning to me. “ you’re welcome” I said smiling. I stood there frozen my heart still beating pretty fast. can he hear it I thought to myself. “ Oh yeah this is for you” I said picking up the kimbap from the counter and handing it to him. He looked confused. “ for helping me yesterday guess I didn’t really notice how tired I actually was” I said looking down at my hands. “ah you’re welcome” He said smiling. I swear I might melt I heard the bowl open and He chuckled. I looked up. “what?” I asked confused. He looked at me and smiled. I moved closer and looked inside. I had arranged the kimbap in a very cute way with baby bite size pieces without realizing. I held my hands against my mouth while I laughed. “ mianhae” I said smiling. “ it’s okay it's cute” He said looking at it. cute? 

“ I guess I’m so used to preparing it for children that it just happened” I said removing my hand. He looked at me surprised. His eyes looked so pretty. “ are you okay?” he asked moving closer to me and placing his forehead to mine to check my body temperature. My heart was about to beat out of my chest. I stood there frozen. He moved back and then place his hands. “hmm?” I managed to get out. My throat felt dry. “ are you okay?” he asked again as he moved back. I nodded my head. “ bathroom?” I asked trying not to embarrass myself. “second door on the right” he said pointing down the hall. I nodded and quickly made my way there.

I closed the bathroom door behind me and let out a deep breath. “ah jisoo-ah you’re burning up only if he knew it wasn’t because you’re sick” I said turning on the water. I looked at the mirror and I looked like an apple. I pouted. “you okay in there?” Soohyun asked knocking on the door. I froze. “ ah nae” I said. I walked over and opened the door and we were both face to face looking at each other. Okay more like face to chest since he is taller. “ feeling better” he smiled down at me. I nodded. He started to walk back to the kitchen and I followed right behind him. “here” he said passing me a kimbap. I took it and took a bite.maybe food will calm me down. He started to put away his groceries and I decided to help him. It felt like we were a married couple. I secretly smiled. He got out some Tteokbokki and we started to eat that with the kimbap.

 

“so jisoo what do you do?” Soohyun asked as he brought the Tteokbokki to the table. “ I work at an orphanage in the daytime and I’m a chef at a restaurant at night” I said picking up the chopsticks. “ chincha?” He asked sitting down across from me. “ nae that’s why the kimbap was so cutely arranged I’m so used to making them for the kids” I said putting a tteokbokki in my mouth.He smiled also eating. We ate in silence. This is such a dream for me. I have had a crush on Soo Hyun since like forever and I’m way too shy to tell him. ah ottoke. I kept picking glances at him hoping not to be caught. “ oh yeah I have your phone” he said getting up and walking into his room. He came out with my phone and its stitch phone case. I got up. “ ah kamsahamnida” I said taking the phone. I opened it and there was so many missed call and texts. A phone started to ring and it wasn’t mine. Soohyun picked up his phone “ yobosayo” he answered. his expression suddenly turned serious. He walked out of the kitchen into the living room. While he did that I took the dirty dishes to the sink and started to wash them. I dried them and somehow figured out where they go. I dried the kimbap bowl and prepared it for me to take home. “ mianhae I have to go just got called in” Soohyun said walking back into the kitchen wearing a suit. I turned to face him. “ ah nae” I said drying my hands and taking the bowl. He looked even more handsome and cool in a suit“ mianhae” he said walking up to me. “ wae” I asked. “ you washed all the dishes by yourself” he said chuckling. I smiled. “gwenchanayo” I said. I looked at his tie and it seemed a bit out of place. I moved closer to him and fixed it. We were so close together I could hear his breathing. “ there” I said moving back. I looked up at him. “ kamsahamnida” He stuttered and I nodded. What was that? We both made our way out of the apartment. “ anyoeng” he said stepping into the elevator. I waved him goodbye as the door closed.

 

I walked back to my apartment still in a daze. I actually ate with Soohyun. I closed my apartment door behind me and slide down sitting on the floor. “ ah ottoke” I said taking of my shoes and running to the living room. The rest of the afternoon that moment was left in my head as I watched dramas and pictured it was Soohyun and I.