Chapter Four

The Sirens Call
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jongin, you have to rest. You've been working for hours." Ji-won nudged his arm. Jongin has been in his office for hours and hasn't eaten anything yet.

"Later noona" was his only reply, and he continued shuffling his papers. Ji-won stomped her feet and called his secretary, Jaein Wang. The man in his 20s went inside the office.

"You called, Ms. Kim?" Her noona nodded his head and faced the man sternly. Before speaking, she eyed his brother, who was still busy with all the papers on his desk.

"I want you to cancel all of Jongin's appointments and meetings right now." Jongin quickly shifted his gaze at his older sister and looked at her with confusion.

"What? Why will you cancel all my schedules today?" Jongin raised his head over his sister with an exaggerated look on his face.

"Do it now." Even though Jaein's boss is Jongin, he simply cannot disobey Ji-won because he knows Ji-won can turn into a dragon when enraged. The secretary quickly went out of the office and did as he was told.

"Noona, I have a lot of things to do. You just can't do that." He complained and slumped back in his swivel chair.

"Oh yes, I just did." She smirked. "Jongin, you need to rest. I've heard you don't go home anymore because you're stuck here in your office." She said it seriously and crossed her arms. Worry was evident on his sister's face, and he does understand her. He can be such a workaholic that he doesn't care if he sleeps or eats.

"Did Aunt Linda tell you?" Aunt Linda, their 64-year-old American-Korean nanny, isn't blood-related to them, but ever since Ji-won and Jongin were still young, it was Linda who was the mother figure to them.

Ji-won sighed, "Aunt Linda's just worried, even me. Jongin, you need to take a break and just... breathe. You need to enjoy life, even for one day. And that's what we're going to do now." She said so happily and dragged his brother out of his office. She bid goodbye to Jaein, and they walked to the parking lot. They stopped in front of Jongin's car.

 

"Where's your car?" He asked. "I took a bus." She simply said, and Jongin opened the car door for her. She went in, and when he opened his car door, he was shocked to see his Noona. Her seat belt is already fastened, and she is ready to drive.

"I'm driving. Hop in." Jongin sighed and slid into the front seat as she said this calmly.

"Where are we going? You better not do anything stupid, noona." Jongin regarded his noona with suspicion. His noona only smirked. Jongin didn't know what to do. When his noona does something, she'll never back down. Jongin only let her do what she wanted to do. Minutes pass he felt himself losing focus and was already off to sleep.

Jongin felt a hand on his shoulders, waking him up. He opened his eyes and saw that they were parked in a boutique store. He didn't notice that he fell asleep.

"How was sleep, sleepyhead?" Her noona . He fixed himself and sat properly. "How long had I been sleeping?"He asked.

"Hmm, an hour?" She casually said, got her bag from the back seat, and went out of the car. Jongin was shocked. An hour? He thought. He looked at his watch and saw that it was already 4:30. The last time he checked, it was only 3:00. He quickly got out of the car and followed her inside the store.

"Wait, does that mean I slept the entire ride?" He asked while her noona continued browsing for clothes. "Hmm." was her only reply. She got a shirt and pants and gave them to him, saying, "Try this," and pushed him inside the fitting room.

"Wait, wait, where are we?" He was confused. "We're out of the city, stupid, and please stop asking so many questions," his noona sighed. "My head is aching," she said as she closed the door. While inside the room, Jongin was shocked. How can her noona drive this far? He can't help but think of his car. Did they encounter any accidents while going into this place? I hope my car is okay. My precious baby. He looked at the shirt and pants on his hand. Why do I have to change? He thought. Aish, this crazy lady. He complained and changed his office suit into a more comfortable one. He neatly folded his suit and got dressed. He looked at himself in the mirror. Yes, it's true; it's been days since he went home. He basically lives in his office right now. During the past few weeks, he was always busy and couldn't find time to rest or even eat. That's why Aunt Linda's so worried for Jongin. He just couldn't leave work, especially now that news about mermaids is circulating and the company needs some mermaid sightings and news. He needs to know if those creatures are true. It would prosper the company.

"Yah, you change so slowly." He heard his noona complain, so he went out of the fitting room.

 

"Hmm, not bad. You need a little bit of styling and more eating." She said and went inside the room. Jongin just shrugged his shoulder and sat on one of the chairs. He got a magazine and waited for his noona. Minutes passed, yet his noona didn't come out. Tsk, look who's talking, she even changed slower than me, he thought and dropped the magazine and explored the boutique. The store isn't that big, but it's filled with a lot of clothes. The store sells both men's and women's clothes. Then, he heard a voice coming from a door that has a sign "STAFF ONLY" he was not supposed to eavesdrop, but he heard a woman talking about mermaids.

"Yeah, I agree. I think mermaids are real since I heard a lot of reports about mermaids sighting." The other lady nodded his head and sighed.

"They need to die. They're causing trouble in us," she said and shook his head. 

"There you are." He heard the voice of his noona at his back. "I've been looking for you. What are you doing in here?" she asked and peeked at his back

"Gosh, you're a man Jongin, but then eavesdrop?" She crossed her hand. 

"You're wearing that?" He eyed her head to toe. She then saw her sister nodding like crazy.

"Yes, I'm just glad the weather isn't too hot or cold, or else I can't wear this outfit." She exclaimed like a little kid.

"I have found my new shopping place." She squealed, and they went to the counter and paid for what they bought. Jongin only bought what his noona gave her, while Ji-won almost bought all the clothes in the store. They indeed sell elegant and affordable clothes.

"You canceled all my appointments just for me to bring all your shopping bags? Just for me to accompany you shopping?" He asked in disbelief while Ji-won only snorted.

"No silly, I'm not that petty. It just happened that the store sells a lot of cute outfits, that's why I bought a lot. I mean this place is far from the city, and I don't wanna drive one hour and a half just to buy clothes. I may be a Fashionista, but I have limits." She explained while Jongin only rolled his eyes and placed all her shopping bags in the back seat. Ji-won wen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter