Chapter Two

The Sirens Call
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sir, you need to fill this up. It’s the contract between you and Mr. Lee." An old man, around his fifties, said. The latter nodded his head and read the contract the old man named Choi Min-Sik presented to him.

A man wearing a navy blue business suit, sitting in his swivel chair in his office, massaged his temples and signed the contract.

The man handed the contract, and Min-Sik exited his office. CEO Kim Jongin. The owner of Marine Plantation, the most prestigious company in Seoul, sat in his swivel chair, having just signed a contract. He is a bachelorette and one of the youngest entrepreneurs of his generation. At nineteen, he has done many projects that help the lives of marine creatures. Rubbing his nape because of such a long day, he looked outside of his office, which is transparent and on the seventh floor. He can see cars and people that look like ants. "What a busy street," he thought. Jongin released a heavy sigh. It's a long day for him; he needs to attend meetings, press conferences, and many more. He always tries to keep himself busy, even if there's time to relax. He just doesn't want to remember anything before his life changes. Before his uncle passed down this obligation to him, Jongin woke up from his thoughts because his cell phone rang.

"Yeoboseyo?" He asked, not minding checking the caller's identity.

A woman chuckled, "Yah, come here and fetch me." Jongin got confused, and when he checked, he smirked.

"Fetch you where?" He asked, still confused about why she called at this time.

"In Incheon International Airport, pabo." Jongin's eyes grew wide, and his mouth opened. The caller, on the other hand, laughed as if knowing how the boy had reacted.

"A-are you sure? Why? How come? When?" He bombarded her with questions. He still couldn't believe she is here in Korea.

"I'll answer that later," she said over the phone, "but please come and get me here." Jongin directly ended the call and went out of his office. He went to the parking lot and the engine of his Pagani Huayra BC car.

                                                                           

He drove as fast as he could. He's happy and excited, for sure. It's been so long since they last saw each other. He reached the airport after 45 minutes of driving. He's just thankful that there's no traffic and the road is clear. He searched for her face in the crowd until someone tapped his shoulder. He saw a woman with light brown hair and wavy curls at the bottom wearing a white crop top, an a-line skirt, white sneakers with a leather shoulder bag, and Givenchy sunglasses on her hair.

"Ji-won." Jongin said, hugging her tightly, "I missed you." He smiled so sweetly, even if the girl couldn't see him. "I miss you so much." He whispered under his breath.

"Stupid, I miss you too." She broke the hug and gave her suitcases to Jongin.

"Ah, I miss the air in here," Ji-won said as she breathed in the Korean air.  Jongin got the suitcases and placed them in the trunk. Ji-won followed him to his car, went inside the front seat, and fastened her seatbelt. Jongin got inside too and maneuvered the car.

"Why are you back in Seoul?" He asked, his eyes fixed on the road.

"Work." She replied shortly, as she was busy scrolling through her phone.

"Tsk," Jongin hissed, and the woman glared at him.

"Yah, you're even more of a workaholic than me." She pouted, while Jongin just laughed. He sighed and turned left, going to his house. "You should rest." He looked at her.

"Rest is not part of our dictionary, Jongin." She faced him.

"I've read a critical article about your recent design." He looked at her briefly before putting his attention back on the road.

"People might think that my job is simple, but it's not. Being a fashion designer involves not just merely designing the clothes your models will wear but also analyzing, examining, exploring, and feeling your dress. It's more than that. It's not only you that should love the dress, but the models and the people as well. We spent countless days just finishing one dress, and sometimes we don't get the appreciation we deserve. That's why we don't rest. Society is just so cruel." She added with a long, heavy sigh.

"Aish." He snickered. He knows how Ji-won is, and he knows that every criticism thrown at her hurts her. She may look intimidating on the outside, but she's such a baby on the inside.

"It runs in the blood." She winked at him, and they arrived at the mansion after how many minutes. The mansion has a fountain with three horses surrounded by different flowers, and it can be spotted as soon as you enter the gates. The mansion's exterior color is white with gold highlights at the sides. The house is also filled with flowers because their mom loves flowers.

                                                          

"Omo, omo," the girl squealed. Jongin, on the other hand, got her suitcases and placed them down.

"Too exci

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter