Two

We meet again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank god Joohyun didn’t miss her flight. She definitely did not want to have to rebook a flight to Toronto and stay the night at the airport. Just the thought of sleeping on those hard plastic chairs, brushing her teeth in the public toilet, and not being able to bathe or wash her hair for a whole day, made Joohyun almost faint. “Welcome onboard Korean Air, Miss.” The Air stewardess bowed with a big smile that lit her face. She directed Joohyun to her designated window seat and left. 

 

Joohyun was slightly surprised to see that the seat beside hers was still unoccupied. She took a slight glance at the rest of the rows in front of her, and frowned when she realized all seats were occupied. If this flight was full, Why was there an empty seat beside her?

 

But Joohyun just shrugged it off and buckled her seatbelt, taking out a magazine from the pocket attached to the seat in front of her. After finishing her forth and final magazine, Joohyun couldn’t help but frown yet again when she took a glance at her wristwatch. The plane should have taken off about thirty minutes ago. And they hadn’t even started moving to the takeoff runway yet. 

 

There was some commotion coming from the front. Joohyun couldn’t see much that was happening because of the seats that were blocking her view, but she could hear many people muttering their complaints to one another. “Sorry! Sorry- I’m so sorry!” Was all she could hear clearly, and it was growing louder and louder. That voice somehow sounded familiar. 

 

The moment that someone showed up right in front of her, Joohyun froze. 

 

Oh no.

 

Oh hell no. 

 

Thought Joohyun admits, that girl looked kinda cute and slightly hot when breathless, but still. This girl was going to be her seat mate for this flight? 

 

Oh hell to the ing no. 

 

“You’re that motherer who spilled coffee all over me and made me almost my plane in the cafeteria and now we’re stuck beside each other for this 12 hour flight?!” Joohyun exclaimed all in one breath, eyes wide open, shooting daggers straight in that girl’s direction. At this point she didn’t even care if the other passengers were looking at her or not. 

 

The other girl awkwardly raised up her hand and smiled. “Um.. Hi.” 

 

That was when Joohyun totally lost it. She felt the last bit of her soul drift away into the air. “You have got to be ing kidding me.” Joohyun mumbled in complete despair as she watched the girl cautiously take her seat next to her. The click of the seat belt only made Joohyun die a little more than she already was. 

 

“Hi miss. About earlier, I’m so sorry-“

 

“Zip it girlie. I’m not in the mood to talk.” Joohyun snapped back before the girl could finish her sentence. She visibly gulped before nodding and shrinking back into her seat, not wanting to anger Joohyun any further. Joohyun admitted that she felt slightly guilty for snapping at the girl like that. 

 

Just slightly. 

 

She jumped in shock when the aircraft’s engine suddenly became louder, and the plane started to move. But obviously she pretended to be busy staring outside the window when she caught the girl chuckling at her secretly. Joohyun rolled her eyes to herself, then looked at the time. Their flight was already delayed by an hour and even that wasn’t the thing that pissed Joohyun off the most. It was who she was sitting beside that she was pissed at. 

 

There was some static before a voice came through the speakers. “Good morning ladies and gentlemen. Welcome aboard Korean Air flight 649 bound for Toronto. We are sorry for the delay in our departure. Please fasten your seat belt and refrain from smoking in the lavatories.” The plane continued traveling at snail speed towards the runway. Joohyun could feel her palms get sweaty the closer it got to their turn for takeoff. 

 

As usual, the safety protocols and all the other necessary stuff were being announced. Joohyun couldn’t focus on whatever they were saying. She was too busy trying not to freak out and have a panic attack there in her seat. The other plane that just shot across them on the runway and took off wasn’t helping Joohyun calm down at all. “Miss.. are you alright?” Joohyun felt a hand on her shoulder. She whipped her head back to see the girl looking at her with a concerned expression. 

 

No point in acting like she wasn’t scared anymore. Joohyun was way too desperate for comfort and reassurance. 

 

She grabbed onto the girl’s hand and buried her face deep within her shoulder. “Oh my god oh my god oh my god are they taking off soon?” 

 

The girl coughed awkwardly, then nodded. “Uh I think so?” As if on cue, the static came back on and the pilot started speaking. “Cabin crew prepare for takeoff.” 

 

The engine started running louder, so much that Joohyun could feel her seat shake slightly. There was a pause. And just when Joohyun wanted to sigh in relief, the plane started speeding down the runway, causing her to squeak and cling back onto the girl’s arm. 

 

Joohyun almost freaked out when she realized they were already off the ground and currently making their way up. She continued squeezing the girl’s hand until the plane slowly evened out and until the seatbelt sign was off. “M- miss? You can uh let go now.” The girl said. Joohyun pulled her hand away in sudden realization. 

 

Dammit Joohyun why are you such a scaredy cat. 

 

“Sorry.” She simply muttered, straightening out her sweater in a ty attempt to hide her embarrassment. The girl shook her head with a slight sm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter