The Beginning Of It All.

Worlds Apart

A soft smile played at Tawnee's lips as she stared down into the mini ecosystem of the tide pool. She'd always loved watching the interactions of the animals in the tidepools. It blew her mind to think that these little pools were never the same, changing every hour or so. She looked over, and saw a little fish flopping around on the damp rocks. She pouted and gently scooped up her aquatic friend, and gave him a hand in getting over to the water. "Be careful little guy." She cooed to the fish before standing up and scanning the rocks for any other floppers. When she saw that there were none, she smiled in satisfaction and made her way back to the beach. It was pretty early in the morning, so nobody was really here yet. Just the way she liked it.

Jiyong had been watching the surfer girl as she sat by the tide pools. Not that he was a stalker or anything, he just decided to come out here since he couldn't get back to sleep after Taeyang's alarm woke everyone up. He noticed that she was here, so he'd decided to see what she'd been doing. He scrunched up his nose when he saw her interaction with the fish. "She talks to animals?" He asked nobody in particular, his voice filled with wonder, and disdain. "What a nutjob." He muttered before he rolled over. He didn't see her walking towards him.

She froze in midstride when she was in front of him. "You again?" She groaned in exasperation. "Why are you here?" She crossed her arms.

He glared at her. "Because I can do what I want. You don't own this beach." He said defensively.

"Well, I know that. That's not what I meant. I meant why are you here so early?"  She clarified as she plopped down in front of him. "It's 6 am." 

"Oh..." He blinked. "I couldn't sleep." He admitted with a shrug. It was a common thing for him not to get much sleep. By the time he got home from schedules, he would only have another to go to within an hour or two. So, his body had adjusted to a life of rarely getting sleep.

She frowned a bit. "Insomniac?" He nodded and she sighed. "I see how it is...So what's your name anyways, Litterbug?"

He scowled a bit at the nickname he'd given her. "Kwon Jiyong." He said simply. "Really, you don't know who I am?" He asked, slightly amazed at the concept.

"Well, I do now. You're the guy who littered on the beach." She held out a hand to him, and smiled. "Well then, Kwon....I'm Tawnee. Nice to meet you."

"Kwon is my last name." He explained, seeming to be taken a bit off guard by her sudden change in demeanor. Why was she being so nice to him? He didn't know. But he didn't really mind it. He took her hand, and quickly scrambled to his feet.

"Ah...Jiyong is your first name then?" She narrowed her eyes a bit as she looked at him. "You have an accent now that I think about it...Where are you from?"

"Korea." Jiyong chuckled. "Ah, Ne...Jiyong's my first name...But everyone just calls me GD."

"GD...." she nodded a bit. "Wait, North or South Korea?" 

"If I was from the north, do you really think I'd be here right now?" He asked, giving her a quizzical look.

"Fair enough." She chuckled a bit, scratching her head as she started to walk. "Come on. Let's do stuff, Enix isn't here with me. So I'm bored....You don't mind spending the day with a crazy woman do you?" She asked, turning to face him, walking backwards. She had a smile on her face. Man...Does she look cute when she smiles... He thought to himself, soon finding a smile blooming on his own face. 

"Alright alright. I'll spend the day with you."