sequel

Chart Topper, Heart Stopper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Together, hand in hand.”



 

The first time they attended an award show together, everyone was intrigued and were observing them closely. To see if what they did during the concert was fake and some kind of publicity stunt. It was after all, their first time being seen in a public event since they announced their relationship. Although they’ve been dating for a while already, in front of the general public, their relationship was new. Nevertheless, Chanyeol and Baekhyun stuck to each other and to their decision to be a couple in front of everyone’s eyes.

 

As long as they do it together and hand in hand.

 

And now here they were, about to win an award for another song they’ve collaborated on, two years later. Their relationship had been steady and got stronger through time despite all the challenges they faced as a publicly known couple. They arrived together and walked the red carpet as a couple once again. They went as boyfriends in the eyes of everyone, and hopefully after the show, will be known as more to them.





 

“The winner is, For Life by Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol. Congratulations.”




 

The emcees announced and on cue, the crowd cheers loud and jovially at their win. Almost the entire crowd at the arena jumped to their feet while applauding and congratulating them. Chanyeol, teary eyed, walked slowly towards the stage to accept their trophy in behalf of Baekhyun who’s still backstage.

 

On the way to main stage he looked at his fans around the stage and gazed at them warmly. Hoping that they could feel the immense feeling of gratitude he has at the moment.



 

“First of all, thank you to Seoul Music Awards for giving us this great honor and award. This is not only for me, but also for my team and company who always supports all of my endeavors may it be music, acting or modelling. My fans, who are always there walking the flower road with me, I owe you a lot and we share this award together.”

 

“And of course, to my special someone who’s also just received his awards for his hard work. Thank you for being with me, for choosing and loving me. And of course, for agreeing to do this song with me again.”

 

Chanyeol smiled and looked lovingly at a blushing Baekhyun who had just seated himself again, after just receiving an award for his album. He was doing the routine backstage interview when he heard his and Chanyeol’s name called for ‘Song of the Year.’ Clearly, they didn’t think this thoroughly.

 

All the fans were screaming in happiness and looking also at the recipient of Chanyeol’s fondest look in his eyes. They started chanting their pair name - Chanbaek - which added more to Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s shyness.

 

Baekhyun would hide behind his hands if only Chanyeol wasn’t looking at him like that. If the earth revolves around the sun, then Chanyeol’s world revolved around Baekhyun. His own sun. Chanyeol looked at him like he’s the one that brightens and completes his day. Something that always made Baekhyun’s heart to beat a little bit faster than normal and his love for the man to deepen, ever more than that of the Pacific Ocean.  Frankly, an emotion that is deeply reciprocated by the smaller of the two.

 

A silent exchange happened between the two lovers. Baekhyun met his gaze, as equally loving as his Chanyeol does. He knew what’s going to happen in a few minutes. It will be life changing and very important to each of their careers and lives. They both agreed on it and yet he can’t help but feel nervous that he swears he can hear his heart thudding despite the noise of the audience.

 

The hum of anticipation, the palpable tension, all these Baekhyun took in without a word. He knew they were waiting for something to happen and with the few fans whose eyes he met, he was able to see the assurance and love from them for him and Chanyeol. He nodded towards them earlier while mouthing an unending stream of thank yous.

 

Baekhyun swallowed and smiled at Chanyeol. He nodded too as encouragement. Yes, whatever was the public’s reception after this, they have each other forever. And that’s more than Baekhyun could ever ask for.

 

“Seems like my-,” Chanyeol paused and chuckled embarrassingly at his slip up and the entire audience squeals at this, “I mean Baekhyun-ssi has just returned from his interview and I would like to request that he also come here and say his speech.”

 

Jongdae was at the sidelines who offered an encouraging nod to his artist further boosting his confidence. Baekhyun smiled at his manager and conveyed a silent thank you for that. Baekhyun slowly walked towards the stage to say his thanks and gain some confidence by being in Chanyeol’s presence.

 

He gladly accepted the trophy from Chanyeol, and with his back to the audience, silently whispered the words, ‘I love you’ to the man who owns his heart. The rest of his message was conveyed through his small squeeze of Chanyeol’s hand when the trophy was being hand over to him.  Chanyeol’s eye twinkling in anticipation.

 

Facing the audience Baekhyun said his thanks to his fans, management and family. For being there with him through his journey to achieving his dreams and receiving more than he ever hoped to. After his speech, Baekhyun reached over to hold Chanyeol’s hand perfectly coiling their fingers together. His partner looked at him from this action and raised their intertwined hands to plant a kiss on the back of his. So loving and endearing that Baekhyun almost forgot where they were. Only reminded by the screams after that action, and with one last encouraging smile to each other, they face the audience once again.

 

Once again, hand in hand.


 

"Two years ago I did the craziest thing a celebrity could ever do, I announced that me and Baekhyun are dating in front of thousands of my fans, who I'm happy to say are very supportive of our relationship and I couldn’t be more lucky to have them by my side.”  Chanyeol paused to give way to the whoops and cheers from his colleagues and the fans present. Baekhyun’s hold on Chanyeol’s hand tightened involuntarily with his other hand shakily holding the trophy.


 

Everyone was waiting with bated breaths,  it couldn’t be right?


 

"And no, I'm not gonna propose."
 

 


Chanyeol laughed at the sad awwww resonating throughout the arena, even the celebrities on the artist section looking disappointed. How will they be able to handle his announcement in just a few seconds.

"Instead, I would like to thank Byun Baekhyun who, if I wasn’t holding his hand tightly right now would probably run backstage and try to bury himself under the ground, out of embarrassment for what I’m about to do." He meets Baekhyun's eyes, those perfect droopy eyes that give him so much joy and inspiration. Baekhyun blushed and tried to hide behind Chanyeol at the latter’s words but was prevented by the man.

 

“Tonight, we both agreed that, like the announcement of our relationship in front of our fans who supported us in each of our respective careers, it would be best to do this in front of everyone too. In front of our fans who are dear to us, of our colleagues who we both have utmost respect to, and in front of the public who had been very supportive of our relationship.”

 

“We may have had some minor setbacks, like saying goodbye to our privacy as a couple but it was freeing and liberating at the same time. For this, all I can say is, thank you. Together we made this decision, with the approval of those dear to us, to do this tonight.”

 

"For the person whose hand I hold tight in mine.” Chanyeol looked in Baekhyun’s eyes, wanting to capture this moment forever.”

Thank you for being with me, accepting to be with me, for loving me. We may not have forever but thank you for agreeing to marry me. To be with me for life. I love you."

A deafening silence ensued.  

 

Chanyeol let go of Baekhyun’s hand in order to do the next part of his plan - something Baekhyun was not informed of. Baekhyun’s eyes widened when Chanyeol cupped his cheeks, and softly it. The taller whispered another thank you before slowly leaning in to touch his lips to his.

 

Baekhyun may have had dropped their trophy at that. Their first public kiss, and not hearing the thunderous applause resonating around the arena, Baekhyun closed his eyes and reciprocated the kiss, smiling while at it.

 

They beamed at each other once they separated and picking up the trophy he dropped, Chanyeol spoke to the microphone for one last time before they ran.  

"Thank you, all of you for this award."

They ran away fast towards the car already ready for his and Baekhyun's quick getaway. They did manage to g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter