B.I´s feelings

What if I'm an ase?

 

 

It´s the middle of the night and I still can´t sleep. Why didn´t I ask if Jennie was ok? Since when was the charismatic leader B.I shy? Ugh, i´ve been so frustrated and angry the whole day, and i´m still thinking of a reason why i´m so dramatic for. The same scene is playing in my head from yesterday. Why was that Jaewon guy dragging Jennie out of the school ground? I mean, of course i´m curious. They don´t even know each other that well.

Bobby and the rest of the boys have tried to reach me the whole day, but i´ve been too tired and lazy to pick up my phone. Honestly, i´ve wasted the whole day of doing absolutely nothing. The only thing I can think about now is Jennie Kim. She is making me nervous. The way she playfully hits me, and the way she stares at me whenever I get a chance to talk to her. It sure makes me happy. It´s a happy thing, so I don´t understand why i´m angry? It´s five more hours until the school starts and I haven´t even slept yet.

I hugged my pillow tight and tried to close my eyes more than 5 minutes. I was counting in my head and without further notice, I disappeared away to dreamland.

 

 

 

Waking up to the loud and annoying door banging, the first thing I did in the morning was to frown my face. I quickly tried to adjust to the morning light, and quickly went down the stairs to open the door. 

 

"YAH! You crazy idiot, why have you been ignoring all our calls and messages!?" 

Bobby barged inside the house while Hanbin was still half asleep. "Bro, I haven´t even touched my phone," I lazily replied while he on the other hand was angry.

 

"Didn´t you agree to have dance practice yesterday since we haven´t met up since school started?" Oh I forgot about that..

 

"Forget it, I can read it on your face don´t worry about it. Now tell me, why are you acting so damn weird for?" he asked me and I could only scratch my head as an answer. "Is it that obvious?" I asked in an uncertain matter which made him let out a big sigh. "You acting like you´re going through a break up. Seriously bro, just tell me what´s going on. I´ll listen" he said it in a surprisingly soothing tone. 

 

I let out a sigh before I opened my mouth. "I don´t know bro .. just angry for no reason. I can´t stop thinking about Jennie and it´s frustrating." I finally let it out and my tensed body felt more relieved. "Just confess to her already, what are you stressing over?" He replied back. Well everything seems so easy when it´s coming out from Kim Jiwon´s mouth, but it´s not. 

 

"I don´t like her alright?"

"Bro why are you denying it? You obviously like her and I don´t see any problem with it. Heck, I would probably like her too if I were in your shoes" he said which made me a little speechless. 

 

"I mean .. why her? I don´t understand" I said and he just laughed at me. "Boy you making things so complicated. Just walk up to her, apologize for whatever reason and confess. What´s the worst thing that can happen?" 

 

"She´ll reject me."

 

"Oh come´on Hanbin. Since when did you have so low self-esteem? You´ve confessed to girls before, what´s different about Jennie?" 

Alot, I wanted to answer.

 

" why you got to always say the right things at the right time" I smirked and he brofisted my shoulder. "That´s right, that´s the spirit! I always knew you liked her, I even told the rest of the boys-"

 

"Bro what the heck why would you tell the rest of ikon about this?!" I was angry but he was having a blast laughing on his own. "Hanbin is having a crush after his past love cheated on him, what more could we talk about at practice yesterday? Our leader didn´t even arrive" he laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"Yo, wash up and i´ll fry some eggs or something, school starts in an hour." Bobby pushed me away and I lazily dragged my body upstairs.

 

 

♦ ♦ ♦

 

 

I arrived at school and the first thing I noticed while standing by my locker was Jaewon and his magnet Nayeon. "Oppa I need new pairs of shoes and you have to be my company" she clung to his arm while he lazily answered her yes. I remembered how Bobby told me that she was two-timing, but look at him. He looks pathetic to be honest. Why don´t he break up with her? Whatever, not my bussiness.

 

I walked into the classroom with my earplugs on. The first thing I noticed when I arrived was how Zico and Mino was sitting close to Jennie´s table. They seem to get along pretty well, and Jennie was smiling with them as they were talking. 

She caught me staring at her and gave me a small smile. I bowed and waved at her at the same time, and a few seconds after I noticed what I did, I hurriedly sat down and put my books on the desk. That was awkward, why did I bow and wave and the same time seriously!

 

The lesson went by quickly and I ran straightaway out of the classroom. I could hear a faint "Hanbin" from behind, but I had my earplugs on so no one could bother me. So apperantly Jinhwan and Yunhyeong have free time today, so i´m going to meet them now.

I lowered the volume on my phone and could hear some girls whispering about handsome boys outside the school. It´s definetly them I though and ran outside.

 

"Yah Hanbin-ah! Look who´s showing up at school but not practice" they greeted me and I gave them both a bro hug. "Bobby banged on my door this morning, had no choice." I answered and they both laughed. 

 

"Ey, when are you done with your lessons today?" Yunhyeong asked and I pretended to look at my watch. "Hmm .. anytime I want, what´s going on? Do you guys got any plans?" I looked at them and them nodded.

 

"Our hideout" Jinhwan whispered and I raised one eyebrow at him. "Hideout? You mean our practice room?" I was confused but he only smiled liked an idiot. "Yes. We have to talk and catch up, heard you had a crush?" Yunhyeong winked. They both were standing there making sounds and giving me weird glances. "Jennie right? Didn´t think our player would find love so fast after being heartbroken by his past love" he teased me and I hit his arm.

"Shut up" I was a little bit annoyed, but it vanished quickly. "Oh by the way, we know your the leader and our team have been going strong for a while, but we were thinking of adding a new member. What do you think?" Jinhwan was anticipating for what the leader would say.

 

A new member so suddenly? So IKON have six members. Me, Bobby, Yunhyeong, Jinhwan, Donghyuk and Chanwoo. Why the hell do we need another member? 

 

"Why? no way" I was standing there in awe but they only patted my back as a reply. "We´ll talk about this later. Talk with Bobby and we meet later alright?" Yunhyeong patted my back and I nodded. "Drive safe" I waved and went back inside the school building.

 

 

"Was that ikon?" someone poked me from behind.

 

I jumped from the sudden approach of a sudden human being and touched my heart to see if it was still beating. "Oh my god you startled me!" I said loudly without looking at the person poking at me.

 

A soft laugh rang in my ears and I got even more startled when I saw who was talking to me. 

"Jennie, sorry I-"

 

"It´s ok, are you usually this scared?" she laughed and I only awkwardly smiled while looking at her. "Yes, I mean no" There I go again, stupid boy I scolded myself inside my head.

 

"Yes? No?" She teased me and I laughed at her silly action. Surprisingly it didn´t feel awkward to talk to her even though i´ve ignored her for nearly a week.

 

"Oh, by the way that was Jinhwan and Yunhyeong" I remembered her asking if it was Ikon when I embarrassed myself infront of her.

 

"Really? Ah, I really miss them! We have not had any contact since summer I think .." She tried to remember when the last time she saw them was.

"What were they doing here anyways? Don´t they attend school?" she curiously asked. 

 

"Yeah but not today, we decided to hang out since I missed practice yesterday" I tried to explain her and she slowly nodded. Suddenly the scene from yesterday played in my head again. Jaewon dragging her out of the school ground. How am I supposed to bring this up to her without sounding awkward?

 

"Uhm .. you feeling better?" I carefully asked her and she looked at me confused. "I mean your stomach from yesterday" I looked at her and she understood what I was asking about. 

 

"Oh yeah thank you for asking!" She replied, but I expected that she would answer something more. "That´s good .. did you visit the school nurse?" I asked even though I knew Jaewon probably helped her. She sighed. "Ugh no, they have school nurse but it´s never available. You notice it too?!" she said angrily and I laughed.

 

"Did the pain go away?" I asked her again. She must think i´m a psycho to ask her about yestedays situation the whole time. Good job Hanbin, you´re not obvious at all.

 

"Actually Jaewon helped me. That rude boy that stole my locker, anyway the pain went away" she smiled while explaining the situation and I slowly nodded. She did seem to enjoy her company yesterday. If only I weren´t so dramatic yesterday it could be me.

 

 

"I see .." 

 

It was a few seconds of silence before the bell rang telling us to go back to class. Jennie gave me a slow bow and was about to walk away but I held her arm.

 

Good job Hanbin! What now?

 

She turned around and looked at me waiting for me to say something.

 

Say something! Dude what are you doing!?

 

"Are you not going to class?" she asked me and I only cleared my throat the whole time.

 

Say something you idiot! 

 

"Jennie are you free tonight?"