Day 5

Trust No One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This one is kind of a hard chapter, I advise you to read with discretion. 

When Yuju woke up, she had the biggest smile on her face. She glanced at her clock to see the hour and she realized that she had woken up a little bit too early, but she didn't mind. She was too excited to go back to sleep, since this day was going to be memorable. She went to the shared bathroom and took a shower, humming while getting ready. When she finished putting on the uniform, she got out of the room and walked towards the kitchen, where Umji was already there making breakfast for two. 

"You seem happy," Umji mention, not even looking at her, as she focused on spreading the butter on the bread. Yuju smiled.

"I am. I'm planning on doing it today," the latter said, giving a short but complete explanation. Although she didn't dwell in the details because Umji quickly caught up, raising an eyebrow at her roommates' determination. Yuju sat on the breakfast counter, pondering about the plan that still seemed unreal; nevertheless, she waited happily for the food to be served. 

"You will?" Asked Umji while looking expectantly at the cheerful puppy. Yuju nodded happily, proving the theory of Umji that the girl was indeed a puppy. A cute and adorable puppy, but still a dangerous one if you get to meet her bad side. 

"By the way, I heard you sing on the shower. You have some pretty strong vocals," Umji said as she placed the toasted beard with butter on a plate. 

"Thank you," the puppy couldn't stop smiling and she did more when Umji placed the plate in front of her. 

"You really are weird." 

"Kind of," Yuju smiled a little and she took a bite of the bread. "It's so delicious." 

"It's just bread with butter..." 

Umji was confused as to why a simple breakfast meal was so delicious to the puppy. She took a sip of her orange juice and frowned a bit. The rest of the meal passed without them uttering a word, although the silence that settled between them was comfortable. 

When the two of them finished eating, Yuju offered to wash the plates and Umji, even though she was hesitant at first, took it as an opportunity to get ready. 

 

Classes resumed today, even if the weird and bloody event happened yesterday, the Academy couldn't miss another day of providing education. Yuju didn't mind at all, she actually had planned to kill her early in the morning, since apparently they shared the same two classes. Well, that was what she was anticipating; she didn't expect that Sinb would have someone around her all the time, making the task to be difficult to carry. Yuju grimaced. 

Sinb was with this tall guy all the time and he looked like he was her bodyguard, which was weird because the guy was wearing the Academy's uniform but he didn't look like a regular student. She could fight him on, but she didn't want to dispose another body, after all the only target was the girl and she wasn't in the mood to change her plan. 

She rolled her eyes and huffed, maybe her plan might not work at all. 

 

The day passed and it was afternoon, the last class of the day and when Yuju thought that she won't have her opportunity, she coincidentally shared that class with Sinb. Maybe her plan might work out after all, Yuju thought as she took a seat in front of the room. She turned around to glance at Sinb and to her luck, no one was around her. Yuju smiled and focused on the board, now the only thing that was left was to get near her, but how? 

"We will start our integrating activity, which they have to be done in groups, although this will be the only time it'll be done on pairs. I already did them of course," the professor said as he started reading the pairs out loud. 

"And Miss Yuju will go with Miss Sinb. That's it, get together and start working. I'm going to pass out the paper with the instructions." 

Yuju smiled again, well isn't this her lucky day. 

She turned her head to see a pretty lost Sinb, looking around the room trying to see who her partner was. Yuju walked up to her with a huge grin on her face. 

"Hello, I'm Yuju," Yuju introduced herself and sat next to Sinb, the latter smiled at her. 

"Hi Yuju, I was a little bit lost since I didn't know who you were, but we've met before right?" Sinb asked, tilting her head while searching Yuju's face, she knew that she met the girl somewhere else. 

"We haven't actually met but I'm one of the new girls," Yuju explained nervously and Sinb nodded her head. Something about, Sinb's gaze unsettled Yuju. It felt, like she knew who she really were but pretended to be naïve at the moment she talked to the others. 

Yuju shook her head and laughed at herself. What was she thinking about, it is impossible that someone recognized her for who she really is. 

The pair started talking about random things, although Sinb thought they were random, it was actually the first step of Yuju's plan. Without the two of them really noticing, the bell rang and in the end they didn't work on the project nor read the instructions. 

"Oh, . We didn't talk about the project. Want to come to my dorm and talk about it? You don't have to do anything right now?" Yuju attacked her with questions and Sinb was taken back, she started picking up her stuff while frowning. 

"Yeah, I think I don't have anything to do tonight," Sinb said glancing at Yuju who smiled weirdly at her. 

"Okay, then. Let's go," Yuju exclaimed and grabbed Sinb's forearm.

Her grip was hard on her arm, Sinb noticed how strong she was but she chose to ignore it and struggled to keep up with her. 

Sinb started to suspect something, she had this weird feeling on her stomach and just when she was going to tell her she did have plans, her phone rang making Yuju to halt as Sinb freed herself from her grip. 

Sinb frowned as she saw who was calling her. Things are getting weirder for her since she just received a call from her sister. 

"Hello?" Sinb asked confusion written all over her face. 

Yuju waited patiently for her to finish the call, she didn't want to raise any suspicions that can make the girl lose her trust on her, so she let Sinb answer the call. She couldn't ignore the fact that she was curious when Sinb's face showed different emotions throughout the call. She tried to listen to the conversation, but when she already understood what the other person was saying, the call ended. She heard the words be careful, and Yuju was left confused as to why the person on the other line should've said that. Perhaps, her family already knows that they want to kill her daughter? Can it be that we're just all playing in the hands of the Hwang family? 

She looked at Sinb who had her eyes welled up with tears. It seemed like she didn't care that she was crying in front of a stranger because that didn't stop hear tears from falling. Yuju couldn't help but feel a little bit of empathy as she saw the destroyed and vulnerable version of the girl. 

Yuju was an assassin alright, but that didn't mean that she didn't have a heart. It wasn't like she chose this work, more like her circumstances made her chose it. She was well aware, that her image as a torturer who gained pleasure of inflicting pain in others had been engraved on the black market, she couldn't afford to show any kind of emotions past the craziness that she was supposed to have as a trait. What she didn't say is that every time finished torturing someone, she cried, helplessly like a child, hoping that someone can forgive her for the monster that she'd become. At the beginning she couldn't carry on the tasks that were placed to her, the emotional trauma that was left on her, created the persona that everyone knows her for. One of the reasons she agreed to be part of this stupid killing game is so she can get away from the world she was trapped in, but as she glanced once again at Sinb crying while her whole body trembled, she postponed the idea of killing the girl. Instead she got closer to her and hugged her awkwardly, the latter grabbed onto her as if Yuju was the only thing that kept her from falling down. 

She cried harder as Yuju began playing with her hair while humming a lullaby, trying her best to soothe her. What the other girl didn't knew was that, Yuju had a tear rolling down her cheek since she saw herself portrayed on the crying girl. 

An awkward silence settled between them. Yuju didn't like this silence, so she wiped her face and tried to start a conversation even if she felt it was an inappropiate time to do so. 

"You want to talk about what happened? Let's go to my dorm, I can make you a cup of tea, if you want to," Yuju asked softly, even though she didn't know exactly why she offered a cup of tea but she wanted to comfort the girl since she didn't want anyone else to experience what she lived. "Only if you want to of course." 

Sinb was hesitant at first. She's not the type of person who'll go with a stranger and talk about her problems, but there was sincerity in Yuju's words so she agreed on the cup of tea. 

Yuju smiled sweetly and grabbed her hand, in a gentler way than before, as if she applies some pressure on the girl she'll break. They walked towards the dorm's building and up to Yuju's room. When they arrived, she opened the dorm to see it empty. 

Thank god, Yuju thought. She wouldn't want to explain to Umji why she hadn't succeeded on her plan. 

Yuju gladly ushered Sinb to the couch and made her sit down. "Wait a moment, I'm going to make the tea." Yuju smiled at Sinb and the latter nodded, she turned around and walked towards the kitchen. She grabbed the pot and filled it with water, then she placed it on the stove waiting for the water to boil. Yuju walked towards one cabinet and got out the box of teabags so she placed them next to the mugs. 

"So, do you want to talk about what happened?" Yuju kind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter