Day 4

Trust No One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, the people who thought they’d sleep more if they skipped breakfast were woken up with the screams of a group of unlucky girls that were going to the resting room. Professors and students walking towards the resting room stopped to make a circle around the screaming girls. Everyone started to enter in panic when they saw the mangled body of a girl on a circle of blood. Professors tried to control the panic-streaking students while others were calling for an ambulance.

As if it was kind of like a coincidence, the five assassins arrived at the scene just in time before the paramedics arrived. They made their way up to the front to see the body of the girl.

Sowon’s eyes went wide when she realized whom the mangled body belonged to. Her eyes brimmed with tears, although she doesn’t know why but she knows for certain that she had grown quite fond of her, even if she was a little bit annoying.

“Who is she?” Yuju asked a girl next to them. The girl was visibly shaking when she recognized that the body belonged to her best friend. She opened but no words came out, she was in shock. She couldn’t believe how someone could murder her best friend and drop her body in where everyone will see it.

“That’s Isabelle Allende,” said a boy grabbing the almost fainting girl. “She’s her best friend. Though it’s pretty odd that someone will kill her, she was known as the sunshine of the Academy. No one hated her.”

“Oh. Thank you,” Yuju said while looking at the pale girl.

“It’s okay. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to take her to the infirmary,” the boy said as he carried the girl bridal style.

Sowon gritted her teeth as she took a last glance at the body of the girl. She got a lot closer when she saw something written on the girl wrist, well it wasn’t exactly written but more like carved on her skin. A spooky looking number one was engraved on her wrist. Sowon raised an eyebrow at the sight.

“You saw it too,” Yerin whispered to her as she walked and positioned herself next to Sowon.

“Yeah, it’s a bit weird,” Sowon muttered as she tried to calm herself.

“No one of us made that,” Yerin explained as she side-glanced at the girl. She suspected that Sowon thought that someone of the five killers made that, since she looked as if she was about to murder someone right there.

“What are you talking about?” Asked Sowon looking back at the body of Isabelle, searching if there was another hint that would give her a clue on who did it.

“It’s not the modus-operandi of any one of us. If you can see well, the knife slashes are out of control, just as if the killer attacked in an uncontrolled fury,” Yerin explained again. “Umji’s attacks are precise, she slashes the parts in which are the most vulnerable and she tries not to leave the body on a pretty obvious location. On the other hand, Yuju will not only use a knife and even though her slashes look as if they are on an uncontrollable madness, they aren’t, she attacks on places in which the victim will die slowly and not loose too much blood.

“I know what you’re thinking Sojung,” Yerin said confidently her real name making Sowon eyes to go wide. “Now in respect of the others, I myself don’t know how to properly use a knife. I don’t like to involve myself on a physical fight, I prefer watching at the distance. Eunha, even thought she is a specialized on physical combat, she’ll most likely punch the girl to death rather than use a knife. After all, she might seem like a perfect candidate on the murderer of Isabelle but she still cares for you, even if things didn’t end exactly like you wanted.”

Sowon was left speechless. How much does she know exactly? Sowon thought as she eyed the other girl, who was analyzing the body of the girl as the paramedics took her away.

Who exactly is her? Another question rose on Sowon’s mind. Now that she thinks about it, Yerin appeared out of nowhere like literally out of nowhere. She never met her before nor she ever heard about her after they were assigned to this task.

“It’s like a warning,” Sowon muttered and Yerin nodded her head. “So the one who contracted us goes to the school? Who the heck wants her dead?”

Yerin shrugged her shoulders at the last question. “But for surely it’s a warning. It seems, as if the person can’t wait for the target to be disposed.”

Sowon searched among the crowd of students, everyone had a preoccupied expression and some of them were asking others confused as to what happened. She spotted Sinb with a hand on next to a tall guy, who kept on shaking his head. She didn’t see anyone whose expression wasn’t fake.

Little did she know that the murder of the girl was watching the developing scene on the roof of the dorms. The hooded figure smiled wickedly when it spotted the five assassins with a confused expression. The hooded figure turned around while thinking that for certain this warning will spark them to act at last.

Just in time, Sowon turned to see the place in which the figure once stood. Although she wasn’t faster, she caught a glimpse of its cloak.

“There,” she pointed at the roof making everyone turn to see at what she was pointing. “There it is.”

She turned to look at Yerin, who nodded her head and she turned to see the rest of the assassins with a determined look on their faces. She ran, up to the building next to the resting room, the others following her behind.

“Hey where do you think you are going?” A teacher exclaimed, when the five of them ran past him, ignoring him completely.

She and Yerin went up the stairs, while the others went on the elevator. Sowon went up the flight

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter