Act 9

The Exorcists

 

Act 9

 

He threw his sword into the monsters’ head and cut it off. He used his gun to blow their head too but the numbers didn’t seem to decrease.

“Changmin ah! Help us!!!” his comrades’ voice reached his ears as he switched his sight to them. There’s one big monster chasing them. It looked like fallen one but way too horrible to be human. The scientist had to be the one who made that disgusting creature.

“I’ll take care of it,” Changmin commanded,” You guys take care of the fallen ones!”

His comrades pulled a trick and managed to bring the rest of the fallen one into another side of the building; leaving Changmin and the huge monster there.

“ROARRRRRRRR!!!” the monster marched forward as he wanted to crush Changmin with his kick but the man jumped up to avoid the attack. Changmin used his twin sword to bleed the monster’s arm and feet; causing a deafen roar. Without any mercy, Changmin rained another attack to the monster then he jumped backwards; getting ready for another counter attack.

“You’re really annoying,” a man’s voice echoed as Changmin got on his guard. A scientist got out from behind the pillar as Changmin heart almost stopped beating.

“It’s been a very long time, Changmin ah,” the scientist spoke,” Almost three years, hasn’t it?”

“You…” Changmin gritted his teeth as he tried his best to control his emotion but he just couldn’t! The man in front of him had killed the most precious person for him after all.

“So how’s it? This child is my other creation,” the scientist laughed like a mad man,” Isn’t he beautiful? I named him Kibum by the way…”

“Don’t call his name like that! You’ll pay for everything!” Changmin blew up as he marched toward the scientist. Unluckily, the monster blocked him and struck Changmin through the walls. Choking blood, Changmin cursed himself for being so stupid but he just couldn’t help it. That scientist was the first reason why he hunted the fallen ones after all.

He still remembered it all clearly inside his mind. How cheerful Kibum’s smile was, how happy they’re when they’re together spending time chasing each other in the meadow, then how Kibum was killed in front of him and he couldn’t do any damn thing. He was too shocked when the fallen ones ambushed their houses and killed his boyfriend. All he could catch was a scientist that was laughing like a mad man, controlling the monsters.

Getting up, Changmin jumped up to avoid the attack of the huge monster as he used his dagger to bleed the monster’s eyes. It screamed so loudly and Changmin thought he was going to be deaf. The roar made Changmin lost his balance and the monster crushed him with another angry attack. The monster kept screaming and attacking Changmin nonstop; it had gone berserk.

“Stop, now, now, calm down,” the scientist tried to calm the monster as he walked toward them but hard punch on the chest was all he got,” Aarrrggg!!! Why?! Why won’t you listen to me?!”

Changmin used this opportunity to get up and rush to the scientist’s side. He shot the legs and used his sword to cut the scientist’s throat. Blood splashed into his face as Changmin could feel his sight became blurry. Damn, he could feel blood streaming out from his stomach; blame the monster’s attack before.

“ROARRRRRRR!!!” the monster marched into Changmin as the man cursed; he couldn’t move his body damn it! All he could hear was loud explosion as he lost his consciousness.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

He felt so helpless; he hated himself for everything that happened. Trembling and crying, he pushed a door in front of him and saw the soulless body. He stepped inside as he broke down again.

“He was ually harassed and hurt so badly. Moreover with the poison bottle we found near your bed, it’s very likely it was a suicide…” the doctor voice echoed inside his mind as his legs gave up. He kneeled down next to the white bed as he muted his cries with his hands.

“Why? Why Junsu ah…” Yoochun cried out,” Why did you kill yourself?!”

“He might be ashamed of himself…He didn’t want you to see him like that…He’s disgusted of himself…” a voice echoed inside Yoochun’s mind.

“No! Junsu wouldn’t kill himself just because of that! He wouldn’t!” Yoochun fought back the voices as he dared to look into Junsu’s face. It was so pale and his hand was so cold. No, Junsu wouldn’t kill himself, Yoochun told himself over and over again.

“But the proof is there!” the voices fought back,” He did a suicide. That’s why someone has to bear the sin…Someone has to be blamed…”

“Who?” Yoochun asked the voices,” Am I to be blamed?”

“No, no, you two just love each other too much. There’s no sin in it,” the voice talked,” The one who should bear the sin is Jaejoong…”

“Wait, why? Why Jaejoong?” Yoochun asked; he didn’t realize the fact he was beginning to lose his sane mind and talking to himself.

“You’ve read his letter, right? He said he might be the one who caused Junsu to leave; he blamed Junsu for your wound after all. That’s why Jaejoong is the sinful one here…He killed your Junsu!!!”

“No! He’s not! Jaejoong wouldn’t do such a thing!” Yoochun shouted as he grasped Junsu’s cold palm and continued,” Right, Junsu ah…?”

There was no answer. It was finally quite for a while but then, the voices came back.

“You fool! Jaejoong wanted to get rid of Junsu because he’s in love with you! Jaejoong is at fault!!!”

“SHUT UP!!!” Yoochun shouted as the voices finally disappeared. He wouldn’t blame Jaejoong, would he? He couldn’t think straight. All he knew he already went out from Junsu’s room as he headed to certain place.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

“Yunho!” Jaejoong called as Yunho got the signal. Using the water vapor Jaejoong gathered in the air, Yunho used his electricity to make an explosion. It hit the big monster right on the head and blood started streaming out from the wound.

But it didn’t make the attack stopped; the monster went berserk and attacked nonstop into Jaejoong’s and Yunho’s direction. They managed to avoid the blind attacks as Jaejoong pulled his gun out and made few scratches on the monster skin. Yunho marched forward as he used his sword to cut the monster’s legs, making the floor flooded with the blood. Giving the last attack, Jaejoong used his sword to cut he head off and so the monster fell hard on the ground, not moving anymore. 

“Jaejoong!” Yunho was so scared when Jaejoong’s figure fell on the ground too.

“They’re here!” a bunch of scientist showed up as Yunho cursed. He rushed into Jaejoong’s side as he shot his bullet. Escaping, he brought Jaejoong and hid behind a big pillar.

“Are you okay?” Yunho was dead worried as he realized Jaejoong’s shoulder was bleeding.

“I’m fine, just a scratch, don’t worry,” Jaejoong gave a reassuring smile as Yunho warped the wound with his ripped coat. The bleeding almost stopped. 

“Wait here, I’ll take care of them, okay?” Yunho persuaded.

“Okay, be careful,” Jaejoong decided he would be obedient; he didn’t want to be a burden to Yunho. Besides, it wouldn’t be a problem for Yunho to take care of some evil human; Jaejoong knew it.

After Yunho went away, Jaejoong crawled near a window as he looked below. He spotted some of Changmin’s friends were busy fighting the fallen ones; they’re winning for sure. Then he switched his sight to another angle and found Changmin. Another monster looked like the one he and Yunho defeated was there and Changmin was laying on the hard ground, hurt quite badly. 

Then, suddenly the monster marched into Changmin’s direction. Without thinking, Jaejoong got one of his bombs and threw it into the monster’s direction. It blew up as Jaejoong felt the hard wind blew his body. His shoulder was bleeding again but he could care less. He got up immediately as his eyes searched for Changmin. Damn, the dust and everything blinded his sight.

“Jae!” Yunho rushed back as he asked what’s going on; he heard a huge explosion.

“Have you finished them?” Jaejoong asked,” Have you put the bombs in their places?”

“Yes, I’ve done all of them,” Yunho answered,” Seriously, what’s going on?”

“We need to hurry, Changmin is hurt pretty bad, come on, follow me,” Jaejoong rushed down the stairs as Yunho followed. Yunho had killed every fallen ones and scientist he met. He had also made sure the bombs were on their places; they would blow up the entire complex after all. It would end everything.

“Changmin!” Jaejoong called the name as he searched for the man inside the midst. Yunho did the same till they saw a figure leaning on the wall, choking his own blood.

“Changmin!” Yunho called his friend’s name as he couldn’t believe how much blood was spilt on the ground. Changmin was breathing so weak and blood was streaming out from his stomach.

“Hang in there!” Jaejoong rushed to the man’s side too.

“Leave me…Hurry…The bombs will…explode soon,” Changmin managed to speak between his painful cries.

“I won’t leave you, Changmin ah,” Yunho insisted but Jaejoong knew, as a human, Changmin wouldn’t last long. He had lost too much blood; they wouldn’t be able to save him. Even if they managed to reach a hospital, it would be too late.

“Please…I’ve done what I needed to do…” Changmin begged,” I won’t have any regrets…”

“Nooo!” Yunho didn’t want to admit he would lose his friend. They’re not really closed but Yunho saw Changmin as his little brother.

“Come on, Yunho,” Jaejoong tried to persuaded,” The bombs will explode soon!”

Without any choice, Jaejoong pulled Yunho out of there. Changmin mumbled ‘thank you’ to both of them before his figure disappeared, eaten by the midst and dust. Sighing, Changmin looked at the sky as his sight blurred. He felt so tired but he was happy because he managed to do his revenge for his deceased boyfriend. Closing his eyes, Changmin could feel the hard pressure the wind blew him as the bombs blew up. He should be feeling pain but he didn’t.

Changmin opened his eyes and he couldn’t believe what he saw. Kibum was in front of him; asking Changmin to grasp his hand. Without hesitation, Changmin locked their hands together. Smiling, Kiibum told Changmin ‘welcome home’. 

“I’m home,” Changmin smiled and the meadow they used to go was the last picture he saw. He didn’t mind being there forever as long as he had his Kibum again.