Act 2

The Exorcists

 

Act 2

 

He was looking through his small barred window as the wind blew violently and he closed his eyes; the wind that had always been his friend was betraying him. It was the entire explosion fault. They’re attacked, he knew but he could care less; maybe if he was lucky, the attacker could blow his prison so he could be finally free.

Getting down from his torn apart bed, he sat on it as he sighed. He couldn’t bear it anymore. The screaming of those monsters called fallen ones were killing him. He wondered why he survived in the first place. Why didn’t he just die and become soulless creature like them? Why did those bars prevent him from going outside? Why was he there in the first place? Was he even there? Was he even real?

“Xiah! We need to escape now, they’re coming after you,” a well-known voice called him from the other side of the bar; he hated the owner of the voice so bad. The old disgusting man hurt him a lot, physically and emotionally. He decided to ignore the old man.

“Didn’t you hear what I just said?!” the old man curse as he opened the cell door and took him out forcefully. That was when ‘Xiah’ realized the old man wasn’t wearing his astronaut custom; he wasn’t wearing his protection!

“Aaarggg! What the ?!” the old man cursed as he cried over his burnt hand,” Xiah! Now isn’t a time to rebel against me! They’ll kill you!!!”

“No, I’ll kill you,” with a calm voice ‘Xiah’ said as he passed the old man who burnt into ashes,” My name is Junsu...Kim Junsu, not ‘Xiah’…”

He did it; he burnt the man alive and killed him. The old man deserved it, no, all of the bad people that did those horrible things to him deserved to be burnt alive by his power. Yes, Junsu could control fire and the explosion from the unknown attacker made his power grew stronger.

“Grrrr!!!” a fallen one growled as it saw Junsu. It ran into Junsu’s direction but before it touched him, the monster was burnt into ashes. Junsu did the same to the rest of the fallen ones he met as he searched for the exit door. He wanted to be free, he could finally reach his freedom, and he could finally see what the outside world like. 

Junsu was careless; didn’t realize the building above him collapsed because another explosion. It hit him on his head as he struck the ground. Blurry, he could sense he was losing his consciousness. No, it shouldn’t be like this, he told himself. Just when his freedom could finally be his; he lost it. He lost his consciousness.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

“Roarrrrrrr!!!” the fallen ones screamed as they attacked the two figures endlessly. 

“Attack them! Kill them!!!” a man in white coat cried out from behind the nearest pillar. 

“Jae, kill him, I’ll take the zombies,” Yoochun spoke as Jaejoong nodded and jumped over a group of fallen ones. Yoochun used his sword to split the zombies’ head; killing each of them. 

“No! Don’t let him get any closer!” the man, who was actually one of the Nazi scientists, cried out. It was useless, Jaejoong shot every monster that blocked his way on the head and then he used his long sword to cut the man’s throat off; causing fresh blood splashed into his face.

When Jaejoong finished, Yoochun was also done turning all the fallen ones into ashes. Yoochun was about to wipe the blood on Jaejoong’s face but he stopped when he realized the other man was tasting the human’s blood taste.

“You know, you look scary like that,” Yoochun commented as Jaejoong smiled.

“It tastes bad, really bad,” Jaejoong wiped the blood from his lips,” It is no like yours…”

“I know, I taste the best,” Yoochun smiled.

“Don’t be so proud of you---“ Jaejoong stopped because a sudden explosion from the other side of the building. They’re invading one of the Nazi hidden research facilities and decided to go for bombs and human weapon. They needed to destroy the building using dynamites and their power wasn’t really in ‘explosion-oriented’. Jaejoong controlled water steam as Yoochun made ice from it after all.

“Chun, did you put a bomb there?” Jaejoong was sure it wasn’t according to their plan.

“Nope,” Yoochun shook his head.

“Then, let’s go. There must be some leftover,” Jaejoong spoke as both of them rushed to the ruined building. 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Junsu couldn’t stand straight. Even though he was supposed to be lot stronger than a normal human, the blow he got on his head was way too hard. He could barely walk. He was lucky he could use his power one more time after he was wounded; at least that wouldn’t let the bad people found him for some time. He prayed that time would just stop.

Feeling dizzy, Junsu leaned on a broken stoned wall as his legs finally gave up. He stared on the cold ground for a few seconds. Then he heard footsteps. Terror filled his entire mind and body, he was so scared.

“So there you are,” a cruel voice cut Junsu’s air. He was thrown into the opposite wall as two men in astronaut’s custom tied his hands and feet. He was scared even more when the third man injected a drug into his vein. He knew what it would do to him.

It would kill him again, not literally, but the pain, the suffering; the ach would kill him for sure. He felt like his body was torn apart as he cried out. It was the cruelest torture Junsu had experienced the most in his entire life. 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

As Jaejoong and Yoochun reached their destination, they felt strange. There was no voice of fallen ones. No roar, no growl, nothing. They decided to get inside the ruins as they stayed on their guard. Then, they heard a scream, not the monsters’ but human being’s scream. They rushed to the source of the voice as they finally saw a scene they never thought would see again. Yoochun and Jaejoong froze as they hid behind a broken big pillar.

“Please…don’t hurt me…anymore…” a young man begged weakly as he was forced to lay on the cold ground; hands and toes tied as some blood streamed out from his forehead.

“It’s your own fault for killing the scientist-chief! Now, I’ll give you more punishment,” one of a man in astronaut’s custom spoke as he took a bottle of certain medicine. He used an injection as he was ready to inject the medicine into the weak young man’s body.

“STOP!!!” Yoochun stormed out from his hiding place as he shot the astronaut-like men on the floor. Jaejoong did the same and cut their throat off.

“Are you OK?” Yoochun went into the young man’s side as he examined him. He was still breathing but he was weak.

“Please…don’t hurt me…” the man mumbled incoherently as Yoochun realized the man’s eyes were pitch black. He couldn’t believe it, at all. 

“Is he okay?” Jaejoong came as he looked into Yoochun who froze into a stone,” Yoochun!”

“His eyes…” Yoochun managed to mumble even though he was still frozen. 

“What’s wrong with---“ Jaejoong stopped as he felt pain, terror, and horror conquered his mind. They were too late. The drug was already inside the man’s body.

“Noooo!!! Please! Take the pain away!!!” the man cried out suddenly as he grasped on Yoochun’s hand tightly. Yoochun could only hold the crying man still as Jaejoong searched the dead scientists’ pockets; he prayed hard he could find the cure but nothing could be found, except the torment medicine. No, it shouldn’t be called medicine in the first place, it’s poison.

“PLEASEEEE!!! I BEG YOU, PLEASE!!!” the man was crying and screaming like hell as he felt the pain burnt him from inside. Yoochun couldn’t bear Junsu’s eyes; it reminded him of himself in the past. He knew how the poison worked. It killed you slowly, little by little, till you wished you could only die and free from the pain. But you wouldn’t, you wouldn’t die and the poison would kill you over and over again for hours. When you’re awake, you felt like you weren’t living anymore; it was like you had lost your sanity and consciousness. Yoochun was lucky he could survive such a torture but he didn’t want it to be replayed anymore. Not to him, not to Jaejoong, or to the poor man in front of him.

 

 

 

“Stop,” Jaejoong prevented Yoochun’s hand which was ready to knock the poor man out of his consciousness,” Remember Yoochun, it’ll just get worse if he loses his consciousness.”
 

 

 

“But…he…” tears crawled to Yoochun’s cheek and Jaejoong knew why. Yoochun had experienced the same torture the poor man facing right now and Jaejoong lost count for how many times. Jaejoong only experienced them three times and he swore it was the worst hell you could think of.
 
“Hey, listen to me,” Jaejoong talked as he looked into the broken man’s eyes,” It’s okay, you’re not alone, we’re here…Don’t worry, the pain will be gone soon, okay? You just need to be patient.”
 
Yoochun knew what Jaejoong was doing; Jaejoong did exactly the same thing back there when Yoochun was tortured with the horrible drug. Jaejoong somehow managed to keep the poor man calm, just as Yoochun expected.

“Come on, we better get out of here,” Yoochun wiped his tears as he took the half-conscious man on his back.

 
“You go first, I’ll blow the entire building,” Jaejoong spoke as Yoochun nodded and told him to be careful. Yoochun disappeared with the man as Jaejoong made sure all the dynamites were in place. He managed to do a quick search and found a record containing some useful things. There’s even a record of another successful specimen, called ‘Xiah’. He managed to take a glance on some important notes. 
 
Sighing, Jaejoong jumped high a few steps behind as he pressed the remote controller. Huge sound of explosion could be heard as the entire research facilities turned into ruins and ashes. Jaejoong threw the remote on the ground as he took a deep breath. 
 
“So...does this mean the person we just saved supposed to be our enemy?” Jaejoong asked the wind as he sighed again,” Why couldn’t they just leave us alone? All we one is only one, it is freedom…”