Eight

In The Darkness Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So... What exactly are we going to help keep her safe from?"

That seemed to be the top question in everyone's mind. To be frank, Jieun had never felt this awkward in her life. 

Every single pair of eyes in the room were set on her apart from Jackson's who was back in his natural habitat which was pretending like she didn't exist. To make matters worse, she was the main topic in this room.

"We can't be a hundred percent sure. But, all the clues we have so far all lead to The Reds." Jaebum firmly addressed.

That left a stunned silence for a few moments that passed by. Jieun had come to notice that whenever that name was mentioned everyone just kind of froze momentarily.

When the name itself had this much power, she couldn't help but wonder how much the actual people behind it did?

"Won? Why would Won want anything to do with her?" Himchan crunched his nose, not really speaking straight to Jieun, more like wondering in general.

"Because my sister might have had an agenda against him. We don't know what for or if she already had something on him, we don't really know much but whatever it was must have been big if he's willing to go after me now and risk getting his identity out," Jieun spoke up, even surprising herself by the firmness of her voice.

"Where's your sister now then? Why isn't she here?" Daehyun wondered with a curious look in his eyes.

Mark's head immediately sunk down.

Jackson's eyes stayed clued on the wall, only a muscle in his jaw tensing a bit.

The rest of GOT7 shifted uncomfortably in their seats.

Jieun ignored the sinking feeling in her gut and forced herself to answer his question.

"She's dead."

Daehyun's lips immediately transformed into an apologetic straight line. "I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"Did her death have something to do with Won?" Himchan asked, totally ignoring the sudden atmosphere.

He received a scolding look from his leader Yongguk but Jieun was glad that he'd moved on from the passing moment.

"We don't know that." Mark spoke up, stunning all of them. Everyone was used to him being the quiet observer, mostly speaking when spoken to. "Her death was ruled as a suicide but we- Jieun thinks that it couldn't have been possible."

Mark had to hold himself back, remembering that not everyone knew about his close relationship with Eunji.

"It's true. She wasn't like that at all. She was my cousin, we were close. I spent most of my life with her... She was a happy person. The more I think of her apparent 'suicide' and how sudden it was... There's something more to it. And now a member of The Reds tried to take Jieun from our own house? Something's definitely not right here." Youngjae spoke.

"Why would Won risk possibly being exposed like this? He never does anything irrational that would risk the cover of his identity get blown away. During all these years he's been so keen on being anonymous... It doesn't make sense", Youngjae from B.A.P muttered thoughtfully.

"Exactly. That's why there must be something behind it. Something important." Jinyoung answered his thoughts.

Jieun was watching the exchange between the gang members, intrigued by their sudden change in characterics. They were calm and calculated. Steady and firm. Serious yet ominous.

"You can't possibly know whether the man was sent by Won either. Like Youngjae said, this kind of behaviour is very out of character for him. The man could just have had his own reasons behind his actions." Yongguk said, his baritone voice vibrating through the room.

"The Reds rarely do like that either. The point here is that B.A.P and GOT7 have been allies for years. We've helped you out numerous of times. Jieun was almost kidnapped by a member of The Reds, who succeeded to break into our house. We are asking your help in this, because it is very likely for her to be in danger, so what are you waiting for? Some big confirmation of it? Does something have to happen to her before you're willing to help? Someone broke into our house and destroyed all the high tech security systems we have. It's not a thing you just ignore and brush off." Jackson could barely hide his annoyance at the going back and forth without reaching a resolution but during the years everyone that had had the pleasure of accosiating with him were already used to his gruff tone and blunt words.

Jieun had come to recognize that in him too but she was more surprised that he had spoken up about something involving her safety or her in general and more so, because it sounded like he was defending her in some way...?

"We never said we wouldn't help. We will. Of course we will, we're just trying to figure this whole thing out", Yongguk calmly responded.

Jackson nodded swiftly and adjusted back into his staring contest with the wall.

"Let's say that, even after all of us are watching her back, someone does succeed to sneak up on her, would she know what to do?" Junhong asked.

Jieun's mind flashed back to the boiling water she'd splashed at the intruder's face. She shook the disturbing image out of her head and put her focus back into the conversation.

Jaebum looked at her, unsure of how to respond. He knew she had no experience of their world but he'd seen the burnt face of the man who tried to take her. He also knew that it was something done by an instinct, out of the will to survive, but he wondered if that proved the potential she had.

Youngjae shook his head, unsure. "She needs to learn self defence. It's not possible for one of us to be with her at all times of the day so it's essential for her to be able to protect herself too."

Jieun resisted the urge to roll her eyes at him. Thanks for all the trust, cousin.

"The remaining question is, who will be teaching her?" Jaebum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter