Six

In The Darkness Of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a little cursing ahead...

 

 

 

Jackson was perfectly aware that the intruder might very well not even be inside the house anymore. After all, it had been a half an hour already since they checked on Jieun and drove here.

It would be very, very, stupid of him to stay.

However, Jackson was counting on that.

He nodded his head to Jinyoung as a sign for him to enter the house. Their house. He still couldn't get over the fact that someone had been able to break into one of the most popular gangs of Seoul's home.

The protection was so high tech and for a reason. 

During years of experience, they had gathered their own share of enemies.

But apparently it wasn't high enough. They needed to up teir security. And a lot at that.

The other boys had gone in through the back while Jinyoung, Jackson himself and Bam entered through the front.

Once they were in, Jackson took a moment to listen.

Complete silence.

He frowned. He didn't know how much he trusted Jieun's abilities to have left the guy in such a condition to not be able to walk but he really hoped she did. Jackson had questions he wanted answers to, and if the intruder hadn't left any tracks behind him either, chances of catching him were pretty slim.

The three of them made their way up the stairs in wary silence, moving like walking on eggshells.

Jackson was the first to reach the top of the stairs and looked in both directions. Right, towards the kitchen, left towards the living room area.

Since Mark, Jaebum and Yugyeom had entered through the backdoor, they had already checked the living room so Jackson headed right.

Much to his joy, there he was, shoved tied up to a chair, with Mark and the rest staring him down.

Since Jieun hadn't mentioned him being tied up (and he seriously doubted she would have even known how to do that) he figured s had gotten to him before they had and done the part.

The shocking part was the condition of his face.

Jackson had expected, well, something because Jieun had said something about defending herself but not this.

The strangers face was burning red, with painful looking blisters and slight burns on it. Jackson crunched his nose while eyeing him up and down.

For a vicious gang member, even Jackson had never tried to barbecue someone's face off.

He was positively surprised as he admired her handywork. Creative and incredibly ballsy. I'll give you that, Jieun.

She takes after her sister.

Jackson felt his face harden and the familiar anger took a hold of him. Time to get serious. He walked up to the man as Jaebum tossed his leg with his own.

"You got some nerve, breaking into GOT7's headquarters and trying to take one of our own." Jaebum began with a stern look on his face, eyes shooting daggers at the man.

He didn't make a sound but Jackson could tell by the look on his face that he was in some serious pain.

Unlucky for him, there was more to come.

"Who sent you here?" BamBam asked and when he got no reply, pulled a knife out of his pocket and held it against the intruders throat in a swift move. "If I were you, I'd talk."

Being one of the youngest, there was a lot of pressure on him since everyone always underestimated him for being the weak link, an easy target.

What a terrible mistake to make.

Bam was probably one of the craziest, especially when knives were involved.

The boy handled his knives, okay.

His usual playful side was gone and his voice had lovered by at least ten octaves as he hissed in the strangers face.

"Bam, go easy on him, we don't want to kill him... yet." Jackson said with an evil smirk as he joined the circle.

It was Mark's time to weigh in. "Look, speaking from man to man, chances are, you probably won't be walking out of here, at least in one piece so you might just as well talk. I mean, what do you have to lose?"

"My crews respect is what." the man finally spat out, his voice coming out raspy.

Yugyeom made a humming sound. "So you do work for someone."

Jackson shrugged nonchalantly. "Your crew probably won't want anything to do with you after finding out you got caught."

The man smirked, looking extremely pained to be doing so and said through his gritted teeth: "Possibly so. But I'd rather die than be a snitch."

Jackson inched closer to the man. "Careful. I might take you up on your offer."

Jaebum signalled for Bam and Jackson to get out of his face so they could actually get what they needed from him - answers.

"Look. All it takes is one word from you. One word and this all ends", Jaebum tried to reason with him, still a cold look on his face.

The man let out something close to a chuckle. "You don't understand. I can't tell you. I took an oath. Even if I wanted to save my own , they'll kill me if I speak."

"Yeah, well, we'll kill you if you don't." Yugyeom snorted from the back.

"We just need the name of your crew. We might even let you go since you didn't actually harm Jieun", Mark added, appealing to his survival instinct.

At her name, his eyes locked with Mark. "Speaking of her... How's Eunji?"

Something snapped in Mark's head when he heard her name leave his filthy mouth.

Jackson, too, felt his whole body go stiff as anger flashed through every cell of his body.

"Don't. Talk. About. Her."

Jackson saw that the man had clearly gotten to Mark. He understood. Hearing someone speak about the love of your life who has passed away, possibly murdered by one of his men, it can do things to you.

But what surprised Jackson was the way he'd staged his question. 'How is Eunji?' As in present tense. Why would someone who clearly knows her name ask questions like that, knowing of her suicide?

Jackson and Mark both had to be careful since the other boys didn't know of their accosiation with Eunji, so Jackson took over for Mark, preventing any other outbursts that might confuse their members.

"I got this." Jackson whispered quietly in Mark's ear who gave him a quick, thankful look and let Jackson take his place.

"We've played around enough. Let's cut the crap. It's time for you to open your ing mouth and tell us something or I swear to God I'll-"

"One condition." the man said with a calculated look on his face. This dude really has the nerve to be setting conditions after breaking into our house and trying to kidnap Jieun? But Jackson knew he had to play along.

"What?" he sneered, failing to hide his irritation.

The other members moved in closer, each curious as to what he had to suggest.

"I leave here anonymous. And untouched. If I tell you who sent me here, I have to know I'll be safe to go into hiding after", he proposed with a stern look in his eyes, locking eyes with each member at a time.

Jaebum was the one to speak up, as their leader he got to make the call. "We'll see what we can do."

The man sighed defeatedly, still wondering about his options. He knew that was the best he would get. "Okay. All I can say is, the power lies within th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter