One

How To Love, by Jeon Jung Kook.

"Hei, kook."

Jung Kook looked up to Namjoon who approached him, flashing Namjoon his famous bunny smile. His busy hands stopped right away, as he clasped it. Jung Kook was expecting the leader to speak up more, eyebrows high on.

"Yoongi is off from his patrol shift tonight," Nam Joon said, "Hoseok is in heat. I guess since you like to travel around the East border, i can change his shift to yours. You are in?"

Well, how could Jung Kook refuse The Alpha's offer. He always respected and liked to be close to the Alpha since he was raised by him. he was abandoned by his old pack that he'd never know existed in his 5 years old. Nights full of sufferings, nightmares and barely understanding the forest's danger. He surely didn't even know how to feed himself. He struggled to even eat a little bite to bite. his shaking legs were obvious, whether it was because of the harsh cold night, or his starving that eat him up silently. at least he could eat with squirrel and some berries when he was transformed back to human.

Fortunately, in his last day of 3 weeks surviving and struggling, The Alpha's Luna, Kim Seok Jin found him in a bush. He almost died from hunger, and missing the warmth of a pack. Of a mother.

As he grew up, he learnt how to protect more than the other pups who were also trained by The Alpha. He learnt how to protect although as The Alpha's 'child', he was avoided by most of his training's friends. He learnt how to love his 'parents', the two men that fit themselves for the lost Jung Kook would never have again. it was weird at first, to love a couple that has so much differences from the pack that he remembered, though the past memories started to fade as he grew with Kim Nam Joon and Kim Seok Jin.

It would be too much if he needed to start to tell his past, his history now. The author will tell you bit by bit, as the story went to the end.

"Yes, hyung. Of course. You know i'm always in for your offers."

Nam Joon smiled, patting his shoulder before looking away. He waved his hand slightly.

"Okay. That's settled then. Gather at 8, after dinner." He said, smiling. "And Seokjin asked you to eat dinner at home. It's been too long since we had our dinner together."

His voice was always sincere to Jung Kook. He is known for his strong charms, deadly plans, but show his affection towards everyone in his pack. It's only for Jung Kook when Nam Joon shows the real affection sincerely, he figured. Nam Joon really cared about him. It was not that obvious, but it was always there. Especially after years eyeing him in every movements, Jung Kook knew him better than himself. Though Nam Joon surely would say the same thing.

"What will Seok Jin-hyung make? Please not the one he made last time. Sure it was delicious, but no, not this time again."he blurted out. Later, his cheeks went red suddenly when he realized how he wasn't careful with his words. It was not like he needed to submit to the the leader alpha, but since the previous leader, Nam Joon taught him to respect the leader and elder despite how close they were. "I'm sorry, Alpha."

"Duh, Jung Kook-ie."Nam Joon laughed a bit, letting the shame Jung Kook have out. "You are growing up, but doesn't mean less baby for us. That's okay, i forgive you."

"I-i'm not a baby."Jung Kook almost whined in disapproval.

"Surely You are. Yoongi and Ho Seok will that on you forever. Come on, Seok Jin wants us to catch some squirrels."

"Argh, hyung- you know i hate those!"

Nam Joon chuckled, shoulders high, before leaving Jung Kook who was busy tidying up his scatterred painting tools Jung Kook sighed, collecting his stuffs before taking a quick pace to follow Nam Joon who was heading to the forest.

Nam Joon was always a bit taller than Jung Kook. But Jung Kook's body more bluff than Nam Joon. Though his wolf was smaller, they both knew better to not put up a fight against each other.

The rest of the trip to home was filled with silence. Nam Joon and Jung Kook's communication was weird, they were like a friend that offer comfort by action. But once Jung Kook talked, Nam Joon would listen to him like a father should be. In any words, every titles are deserved to be theirs in their complicated history.

"God, hyung." Jung Kook groaned. With his eyebrows furrowing, he his stomach which was satisfied with the amount of food he had eaten. "My abs is going to be a jelly if you keep giving me those delicious foods."

"You ungrateful brat, how dare you complaining Nam Joon's mate's foods," suddenly a hoarse voice called him out, Jung Kook turned his head to find the pale man which only wore a short stuck around his hip. "What?"

Jung Kook cringed when he saw the purple marks littered around his skin, but then he paid no attention to him. He wasn't that interested with other's romance life tho.

"How's Hoseok?" Seokjin asked, hands were busy with the dishes. Nam Joon beside him carefully put the plates on the rack.

"He is tired, but he's sleeping now. I come to take his foods. And water." Yoongi answered lazily, before he turned to Jung Kook. "How's your place, kook-ah?"

"I like it."Jung Kook said, eyes still stuck on the paper he held. "A bit lonely without you all, but i need to be independent."

Yoongi snorted, before saying him a goodbye with hands full of foods he needed. Jung Kook just shrugged it off too.

He lived by himself now. A year after he was presented, he asked Nam Joon to let him be a real Alpha too, having his own life and build his. Seok Jin refused it at first, but after some convincing promises Nam Joon and Jung Kook told him, he let the boy went out from their house. Aftrr that, it was just like the common story went.

He studied at the nearest university, the one who had more supernaturals since it was built near the border of city. In the same time, he worked his to get into Nam Joon's business since that was the only place he could reach -for he was a werewolf. There was something particular in Nam Joon's and millenial's packs, like they all needed to attend school like human, but only allowed to work at the business they owned.

Human barely knew them, but decided to shut up in the end. Well, the government also covered them since there are too many supernaturals here and there. They also had laws for it but it was not announced for public -why human needs to know anyway? It is for them, the supernaturals-. Thus, Nam Joon decided to make a move and be 'millenial', running his business to keep his pack safe. And that was how their pack still managed to have a big forest to explore, but had more experience as a human.

"Jeon Jung Kook, wake up." A hand shook her shoulder slightly, then went a bit harder as Jung Kook didn't budge. "It's almost 8, Nam Joon already left to the main house."

Jung Kook mumbled. He rolled his body, not wanting to be disturbed. His back faced Seok Jin, and that only made Seok Jin smiled viciously.

"Yah- Jeon Jung Kook!"

"Yea- yea- i'm awake."

"Tsk, You are not."Seok Jin huffed. "Do i need to tickle you right now, kook?"

Jung Kook groaned. "Okay! See? My eyes are open, hyung."

"Then go," Seok Jin chuckled. Jung Kook groaned, almost throwing his head again to the pillow, but he was already wide awake. He eyed his hyung a little, then got up from the couch where he was fell asleep before. "Say to Nam Joon to be safe. You too. Don't get yourself into troubles, kiddo!"

"I'm not a kid!" He muttered before slamming the door -well, softly, or else Nam Joon would be displeased if he acted more than that-.

Jung Kook could see the main house from where he stood, right in the center quarters of Nam Joon's pack. The front field filled with some alphas and less beta he knew. The Main House was actually a place for the main leader and his right hands to control the pack and keep the important documents, guarded by almost twenty alphas and betas outside and who knew how many inside.

Basically, if you are having a hard time imagining things, just imagine it is like a mafia town, which only them and theirs only who are allowed to live in this territory. Secluded, but also easy to have access to the villages and cities, at least.

The Main House was, also big and already used the technologies, as Seok Jin who was one of the human asked his mate to keep up with technologies, and a team led by a fox hybrid named Jackson to improve all the public's service. At least there were one hundred of werewolves with some unknown witches and fairies lived far the center, to keep away from human and werewolves itself.

Jung Kook himself never talked to one, but he already met them before, when Nam Joon gathered all of his people to have a meeting, deciding what to do and stuffs. He was asked to join the meeting too, only to hear things he really didn't want to understand. Nam Joon perhaps should stop expecting him to take his throne one day, because Jung Kook wouldn't mind to be the one who only has shifts at night to night, rather than gathering at every boring meeting and having appointment here and there.

"Hyung."Jung Kook greeted. Nam Joon quickly looked up and smiled. "I'm left, ain't i?"

"Yeah. You should chase them. Your partner is Yugyeom, he asked me to change his shift since he doesn't want to do his patrol with Yoongi next time." Nam Joon said. Jung Kook nodded, then taking off his clothes. Well, that was the only thing that they couldn't change from their habit even Seok Jin would surely scream everytime they shifted, embarassed at how easily they take their clothes off in public. It's not fun at all if they need to go to restroom or changing room just to shift into a werewolf right?

In the end, he was already turning into a giant wolf. He quickly took his body away to the East, his golden eyes shining. His wolf was pretty small compared to his generation but he was muscular so no one ever mocked his size. His wolf was dark grey, exception for his tail, that has more thick white furs. So he wasn't that outstanding but he was attractive, for sure.

The forest swallowed him already, engulfing him in the darkness. He tracked his pack's scents who went to the East border, specifically Yugyeom, an alpha, who was adopted to Bam Bam's family when his mother died. He had nobody but his mother that time. The only reason of why he adored Jung Kook and vice versa, it was because they always shared their loneliness and longing to each other whenever they felt nobody welcome them for being different.

He met Yugyeom during an event where alphas and rarely betas showed their skills and strength. He was standing in a perfect place to see the competition before suddenly a boy nudged Jung Kook to give him space without him knowing where and when the boy came. At first he was annoyed, but the latter didn't even care so he let it. It was happened before the show ended. the boy reached out for his hand, shook it, and said,

"I'm Yugyeom! I saw you practiced alone yesterday, and that was good! I want to be your partner from now on!"

And Jung Kook was left speechless by his sudden acts. From there, Yugyeom started to follow him everywhere until Jung Kook gave up, and they became friend after that.

He was deep in thought when suddenly he snapped out. There was an unpleasant feeling rooted in his heart. And that turned fast into a warning when he smelled it. A blood's smell.

What's that. Jung Kook's heart went restless as the air smelt thicker with the weird smell, and something really bothered him. His wolf hated it that much that he growled a bit as his instinct escalated feeling threatened.

Tf are you doing right now, Jeon Jung Kook? His wolf said when he resisted the urge to run there.

Tf are you saying? He kept restraining his wolf from running to the source of the thick smells.

Just let me take over you this once.

No. For what? We must tell the pack first. We don't know what's happening there.

You won't believe me. Our mates is in DANGER, stupid