Chapter 2

Sad But True

6 years had passed; Baekhyun and I knew that we liked each other since we were young. We got a lot of tease from our parents, siblings, his family and my family. They all knew that we liked each other. We were basically childhood sweethearts and each other’s first love. Another Christmas month has began again. It was December that time and my dad gave me my first phone as a gift. There, I decided to ask Baekhyun’s number from his mom and texted him.

Sent to: Baekhyunnie

6:30PM Hi, Baekhyun!

From: Sunhee

I was shocked because I got a reply almost immediately.

Sent to: Anonymous

6:31PM Hi! Who’s this, please? :)

From Baekhyunnie

I laughed at his innocent and serious reply and immediately tapped my phone to type my reply. I was enjoying this a lot and keep on giggling to myself because I was going to let him guess whose texting him.

Sent to: Baekhyunnie

6:31PM Guess who? ;)

From: Sunhee

He replied after 5 minutes, maybe contemplating who was the person behind those text messages that he’s receiving.

Sent to: Anonymous

6:36PM Hmm. I have no idea who the heck is this. Give me some clues?

From: Baekhyunnie

 

Sent to: Baekhyunnie

6:37PM 6 letters. _ _ _ H _ _ :)

From: Sunhee

 

Sent to: Anonymous

6:40PM AH! I know now! SUNHEE? Right?!

From: Baekhyunnie

 

Sent to: Baekhyunnie

6:41PM YAH! How could you guess that so easily? :(

From: Sunhee

 

Sent to: Sunhee ;)

6:43PM Hahahaha so it’s really you, eh? How did you even got my number? Who gave you?

From: Baekhyunnie

 

Sent to: Baekhyunnie

6:45PM I got it from your mom. I was supposed to do prank texting but nah. Nevermind.

From: Sunhee

We texted each other until midnight before I sleep. He suddenly dropped a question that I didn’t even expect that he’ll ask that question so soon.

Sent to: Sunhee ;)

12:25AM Sunhee-ah, can I court you?

From: Baekhyunnie

I widened my eyes at his unexpected question and a lot of things suddenly went into my mind that time that I even forgot to answer Baekhyun immediately. Gosh. He doesn’t know what he’s saying I swear. What’s going on with his mind? Why is he suddenly like this? We’re too young for this. No. Gaaaah!! I don’t know what to say. OMG. I looked at my phone with a flustered face and hesitantly typed a reply for him.

Sent to: Baekhyunnie

12:33AM Uhh… Baekhyun-ah… I’m really sorry. I don’t think I can do this yet…

From: Sunhee

 

Sent to: Sunhee ;)

12:34AM What do you mean, Sunhee-ah? I thought you liked me too? :(

From: Baekhyun

 

Sent to: Baekhyunnie

12:36AM I do... But aren’t we too young for this? Isn’t it too early for this, Baekhyun-ah?

From: Sunhee

 

Sent to: Sunhee ;)

12:38AM I know that we’re young for this. But if we like each other, why can’t we be together?

From: Baekhyunnie

 

                                 Sent to: Baekhyunnie                                  

12:39AM Please. No. Not yet. Not now, Baekhyun.

From: Sunhee

 

Sent to: Sunhee ;)

12:40AM If not now, then I’ll wait for you. No matter how long that I’ll have to wait, I will. For you. Because I like you. Or rather, I love you Sunhee.

From: Baekhyunnie

 

Sent to: Baekhyunnie

12:55AM Stop, Baekhyun. This isn’t the right time to say that. I like you but I can’t do this. I have to study first. I promise my dad not to commit to someone until I graduate. And maybe… in the future... you’ll be able to find someone that’s worthy enough for you. A lot of things will happen in the future. I don’t want to risk anything. You’ll probably move on by then. Our feelings will probably change. You can’t wait for me that long. It’s not that I don’t trust you with your feelings but yeah. I’m sorry, Baekhyun.

From: Sunhee

 

Sent to: Sunhee ;)

1:00AM What are you talking about? You’re rejecting me? Why are you being like this all of a sudden? I’ll wait for you. No matter what, Sunhee. I will.

From: Baekhyunnie

 

Sent to: Baekhyunnie

1:02AM Yes, Baekhyun. I’m rejecting you. Don’t wait for me, please. Let me go. I need to sleep now. Bye.

From: Sunhee

Even though I already told Baekhyun that I need to sleep, he tried calling me; maybe he wants an explanation for all of this? I don’t know. But I didn’t answer any of his calls and messages. This is hard for me too. I know I’m dumb for doing this and a lot of you are probably frustrated because of what I did. But when he dropped that question a while ago, my mind literally became a mess. I didn’t know what to do. My heart beat became fast. I was really flustered and confused. I didn’t know what to feel at all. With all of this in my mind, I got burned out and slept.

 

The next day, I decided to buy a new SIM card and told my mom that my current SIM card broke. Fortunately, she believed that and never suspected anything. I decided to create a new social media account and added all of my friends and family excluding Baekhyun. I decided to cut all of the ties connected to him thinking that he’ll probably move on without me. One time, he added me but I rejected his request. He never tried again because he knows that I’ll just keep on rejecting his requests.

 

One month had passed, we never talked and we never saw each other at all. I decided to stalk him in his account and there I saw him tagged a girl’s name in his post. When I saw him did that, I felt a tiny pinch in my heart and thought that that should be me in his post but I rejected him. It’s okay, Sunhee-ah. I told myself. You did this so you shouldn’t mess with them. You shut him off of your life so you should move on too. He’s happy now. I smiled at that thought. Yes! Look at least he’s happy! He’s not sad that he lost you. Gosh, Sunhee. Look at the brighter side of the road. I decided to shut off my computer after that and went to the kitchen to get some snacks. I saw my mom walking to the door to leave.

“Where are you going, Mom?” I asked.

“Oh, I’ll just go to Baekhyun’s house. His mom and I will talk about something. Go get your snacks. It’s on the top cabinet. Get some juice too. It’s in the refrigerator.” My mom nagged a bit.

“Yeah yeah, Mom. Just go. Auntie’s probably waiting for you now. And I’m not a little kid anymore. I know where the things are.” I answered my mom while chuckling a bit at the thought of me not being a little kid anymore.

“Okay! I’ll come back before dinner. Wait for your sister, okay? They’re probably on their way home. It’s already 4PM.” My mom left after she said that and I continued to go to the kitchen to get the snacks that I will eat.

“Ahhhh. This is definitely good. I really love this biscuits.” I told myself and went into the living room to watch some shows while eating my snacks.

My sister arrived after 30 minutes and asked where mom is. I told her that mom went to Baekhyun’s house because Auntie and Mom will talk about something. Then I suddenly remembered that my sister and I never kept secrets to each other.

“Unnie..” I trailed off.

“Yes?” She asked. “Do you want to say something?”

“Baekhyun wants to court me”

“Ahh. Baekhyun wants to court – wait what?! He wants to court you?! Yah Sunhee-ah, you guys are still young for that you know.”

“I know. That’s why I rejected him and I cut all of the ties with him. Remember? I changed my phone number, I created new social media accounts? I did all of those because I want to avoid him.”

My sister smacked me in the head and said “You . You rejected him too harshly. If I were him I won’t talk to you anymore after what you did.” while laughing.

I whined and rubbed the sore spot to ease the pain. “You could’ve just scolded me for doing that why did you even bother smacking me” I pouted.

“That’s okay, little sis. He’s not the only guy in this world. There’s still a lot of man out there probably waiting for you.” She winked at me and went to the bathroom to freshen up.

 

 

 

A/N: Probably some of you are frustrated at me for doing that eh? I was wrong and seriously regretting how I treated the guy but what's done is done, I can't change it anymore. Hehe. Let's focus more in the future and see what happens.

Comment and Subscribe! Thank you :)