~8~

Coffee To Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Buzz~~

...

Buzz~~

Buzz~~

 

Wendy is awoken the next morning by a slight vibration coming from her pocket...then another...and another…

 

She slowly shifts her weight, eyes still heavy with sleep from the night before and checks her phone, it’s 10:34am and she has about 7 texts from Joy timestamped from about quarter to ten onwards.

 

Oh...fantastic… Wendy thought, ready to read the onslaught of messages that the younger girl had sent her way. In Joy’s defence, they started off pretty tame.

 

From: Satan (9:47am)

Heyyyyyy where are you? Class is gonna start soon and you’re normally here before I am :(

 

From: Satan (10:01am)

I saved the seat next to me in case you’re late? You never miss musical theory...hope you’re not dead or whatever

 

From: Satan (10:14am)

Are you ditching the class? And therefore, by default, ditching mE?

 

From: Satan (10:15am)

Who am I gonna pair with now???????? God I’m gonna have to work with some random I HOPE YOU’RE HAPPY SON WENDY

 

From: Satan (10:20am)

Whatever, just let me know when you check your texts hope you’re enjoying your morning without ANY JOY

 

From: Satan (10:20am)

Pun intended

 

The last text used some of Joy’s more colourful vocabulary, berating Wendy for ditching class in the morning and leaving her to work with some random girl. Apparently this girl was better than Wendy anyway, but it seemed Joy might’ve been trying to convince herself of that more than trying to make Wendy jealous of this new found partner. Wendy didn’t overly mind, Joy would get over it...she hoped.

 

She shot Joy a text back and then put her phone on do not disturb. She figured telling Joy she overslept and missed her alarm because she wasn’t actually home to hear her alarm and was at Joohyun’s was going to be the equivalent of Breaking News to her best friend.

 

Joohyun…

 

It felt weird to be able to call her that now. A good weird. The kind of weird that came with the feeling that she was finally being let into Joohyun’s life.

 

Wendy smiled to herself at that.

 

She put her phone to one side and moved off the couch, only now just noticing the blanket that got put over her and the pillow that was under her head. And also the severe lack of a human that was lying on her last night. She sat up on the couch and noticed a glass of orange juice and a purple post-it-note under it on the coffee table in front of her. The note was written in a neat cursive, it was a little smudged so it seems the author was in a little bit of a rush.

The note read:

 

Morning sleepy head!

I didn’t want to wake you but I got called into work since someone didn’t show up for their shift.

Here’s some juice and help yourself to whatever food there is! Your clean clothes are on the side. I’ll be back around lunch time so don’t wait up for me if you have places to be.

 

Wendy looked to the bottom of note to see where it was signed off. She saw the name Irene, but it was scribbled out and replaced with Joohyun.

 

For some reason that little signature made Wendy’s heart swell. She folded the note up and put it in her pocket.

 

Wendy decided to clean up the place a bit, folding up Joohyun’s blanket and putting it to the side to be washed. She returned the throw pillow that mysteriously ended up under her head back to its home on the armchair next to the couch. Wendy also collected up the mugs and soup bowl from last night and put them in the sink, where the utensils and pots still lay on the drying rack next to it. She would put those away but she has no idea where, it would seem Joohyun has a specific place for everything in this flat.

 

After cleaning up, she then went over to the counter in the kitchen where she found her clothes neatly folded, ironed even, and another note from Joohyun.

 

Try not to get them drenched again :)

 

Wendy pocketed this note as well.

 

Wendy then changed into her clothes from last night and noticed the faint smell of lavender and vanilla, Joohyun’s fabric softene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter