Part 3 - View

Sweet Smiles and Liquor

“So… Um… Good night” Jinki shuffled slightly, wanting to linger, but knowing that their enjoyable outing was coming to an end.
“Good night Jinki”
Jinki turned to go inside, the door halfway open when he noticed Minho was still in the same spot, focus on his black shoes, biting his lip. “Minho… Is-” The words died on his lips as Minho stepped forward. “Jinki, I… Can I… Can we-” He his lips nervously and tried again.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
 

 

"May I kiss you?"

It came out sudden and a little shaky. Jinki stared down at his feet, biting his lower lip nervously, face a flushed pink. Minho gaped a moment, speechless, as the words he’d been about to utter did not leave his own mouth. As if reading his mind, it was Jinki who had asked him instead.

Without a reply and not giving it another thought, Minho took a deep breath and strode over to the shorter man, engulfing him in his long arms, causing Jinki to raise his head in surprise. He brought his face down so their noses brushed lightly, before slowly closing the distance, bringing their lips together in a tender kiss.

He leaned in more, causing the older man to step back, Minho moving with him and the building's door slammed shut behind them.
He took another step forward, then another, until Jinki's back bumped into the hallway wall. He pressed into him, their bodies flush, lips passionately meeting, hearts beating rapidly. He ghosted his hand over Jinki's lower back, sending a shiver down the shorter man's spine, the softest moan escaping between their lips.

Slam.

The loud noise of a door closing nearby had the two jumping apart nervously.
Rubbing the back of his head, Jinki offered softly "would you like to come up?"
Loud footsteps echoed down the stairs, the two remained still and silent as a slim man with blond and pink hair walked past, not even sparing them a glance as he hastened out the door.

They looked back at each other and Minho smiled "Yes, I'd like to".
They ascended the stairs quietly, each attempting to cool his burning cheeks. They arrived in front of a door with a shiny gold '14' on it and Minho made a mental note to remember the number, while Jinki fished his keys out of his pocket. Jinki stepped inside once the door was open, holding it for Minho and flicking on the entryway light.

Minho stepped into the long narrow apartment, slipping off his shoes and jacket before following Jinki inside, letting the door shut quietly behind him. The man looked a little lost, standing in the middle of his own living room, one hand rubbing the back of his head, the other still holding the white rose Minho had given him, unsure of what he should do next. He didn't get guests very often.
"Would you like a drink?" He offered after a somewhat awkward silence, remembering what people do when they have guests in their house.
Minho nodded and stepped aside, allowing Jinki to access his small kitchen, the small space between it's counters even smaller than the space he had behind the bar at work.
After gently placing the rose on the living room coffee table, Jinki came over, stopping in front of him though, half biting his lip. Minho gave him a puzzled look and Jinki indicated with his hand towards the cupboard behind him. "My fridge is over there"
"Oh" feeling a little foolish, Minho stepped aside and watched the other man open the cupboard, which turns out was his fridge, and retrieve two beer bottles.

"Let's sit" Jinki motioned towards the couch along the right side wall of the small living room. He set down the bottles on the coffee table and looked up to see Minho standing just beyond it, gazing mesmerized out of the floor to ceiling window at the end of the petite room.
He smiled and stepped over to the distracted man. "Like the view?"
"It's beautiful" he muttered, not tearing his gaze away from the sparkling city lights splayed out below them.
Jinki gazed with crescent eyes at the tall man by his side "yes, it is" then turned to face the window, enjoying the view with the warm presence beside him. There was a comfortable silence between them as they took in the view.

The comfortable silence was broken as he felt Minho's warm fingers find his own, wrapping around them, giving a gentle squeeze. He squeezed back and turned his face towards him, eyes locking, the view before them no longer as important or as mesmerizing as the other's gaze.

Their lips met again, eyelids fluttering closed, the sensation of the warm soft lips filling their senses.
Minho's free hand found its way to the shorter's back, pulling him closer. Jinki bringing his own hand up to clutch Minho's arm, lips still breathtakingly moving together. Minho allowed his hand to slip lower down, finding a gap between Jinki's shirt and his belt. He let his finger graze the soft skin he'd exposed. Jinki let out a sharp gasp, startling Minho as he pushed away from him, cheeks flushed and eyes wide, trying but failing to say something, finally biting his lip nervously.
Minho panicked slightly, wide eyes searching the other's face "I'm so sorry, did - did I hurt you? Are you ok?"
Jinki shifted slightly, his eyes sliding towards the window. "I'm fine, it's just, uh..." His cheeks reddened, "that's the first time anyone's ever..." He waved his hand at his back, not able to bring his eyes back to Minho's.
Oh. Ohh.
"I- I'm sorry, I didn't mean- I won't do anything you don't want-" Minho stuttered nervously, taking half a step back, eyes darting between Jinki's face and the rest of the room. Jinki caught his hand, cutting him off. "It's fine, it's just... New." His soft smile placated Minho's pounding heart and nerves, producing a small smile in return.
He glanced at the small coffee table "beer?" Minho nodded and they both seated themselves on the sofa, grabbing a bottle each. As he went to drink Minho realized the bottle was still closed and he didn't have an opener. "Do you have a bottle ope-" Jinki had just popped his own bottle open using the lid of the small cookie jar which was sitting on the table. He reached out his hand to Minho's bottle "need a hand?" Minho handed the bottle over wordlessly, watching in awe as the older easily flipped off the lid with the small metallic cookie jar lid, the soft pop echoing in the silent room. He took back the now open bottle saying a "Thanks" before taking a swig and leaning back into the sofa.
"That's quite a useful skill you've got there" he observed, Jinki leaning back beside him "I don't suppose you'd want a job at the bar? You wouldn't even have to do any serving, just sit there, looking gorgeous and pop open bottles with anything but a bottle opener" he smiled, chuckling. Jinki reddened, yet started chuckling too and soon they were both laughing softly in between sips of their beer.

As their mirth subsided jinki felt the need to hear more about this wonderful man on his sofa, who was, unfortunately, still somewhat a stranger, despite the long silent hours spent together at the bar. "So, I know about the bartending" he spoke up "Is there anything else that has caught your interest?" As Minho opened his mouth, he added "Besides me" a soft chuckle and a beer swig later Minho emitted a soft thoughtful hum. "I like photography" he looked down at the beer in his hand then up to meet the older's eyes. "I think life is beautiful and I enjoy capturing those moments where it shines" Minho's own eyes were shining as he spoke, leaving Jinki a little breathless.
"How ‘bout you? Any other interests?"
The long haired male smirked "besides you I presume?" He received a smirk in return. "I love medicine. being a doctor, it's what I worked half my life for. Only it didn't quite go as planned" he finished softly, swallowing the rising bitterness with another sip of beer.
"But you are a doctor" the younger's voice was almost indignant "you're a doctor at the volunteer clinic, they wouldn't let just anyone do that job!" A shy smile blossomed on Jinki's lips, his heart moved by the innocent conviction in Minho's tone and demeanor. "I wish my parents were as understanding as you" he couldn't help reaching out his hand and wrapping it around the other's, giving a small thankful squeeze. Squeezing back, the taller male leaned forward and said in a conspiratorial whisper "I'm actually kind of glad it all worked out this way" Jinki looked up at him, startled "if it hadn't, you would've never come to my bar and we never would've met" he finished with a soft smirk, gaining a small pleasure from the pink tint Jinki's face gained at his words. He couldn't help but lean in a little more and place a chaste kiss on the glowing cheek. As he did so he caught sight of the clock hanging on the opposite wall and his heart sank a little. It was late.

Pulling back, he brought up their joined hands to his lips, leaving a soft peck on the top of the older's knuckles, before regretfully taking his leave. "I have to go, but can we do this again? Another date?" Although Jinki's mouth turned down and his eyes slightly darkened as he started speaking, they lit back up at the offer of a future meeting. "Yes! Of course!"
"Oh, I almost forgot" with Jinki's quizzical gaze on him, Minho pulled out a small piece of paper and a pen and scribbled down a number, placing it on the coffee table. "I forgot to do this the first time" they had both forgotten, they smiled sheepishly at each other, then Minho stood up, copied by Jinki and they headed for the door.
The young bartender slipped on his jacket and shoes then stole a tiny brush of the lips from the other man. "Tonight was amazing, thank you" he whispered. He got pulled into an embrace and a pair of soft lips met his in response. "No, thank you" Jinki muttered, leaving only the slightest room to breathe between them. Minho placed another kiss on the shorter's lips then pulled away.
"Next time" he took a step backwards towards the door, then another, his hands slowly slipping off Jinki's arms until they were no longer touching. He then found the door handle, swinging the door open behind him, not letting his eyes leave Jinki's. 'bye' he mouthed, then softly swung the door closed, hiding the sunshine which was Jinki and plunging himself into the silent darkness of the night.


 

 

______________________________________________________________________________
 

 

A/N:
Hi there :)
Thank you for reading my story, I'm so sorry to those who had to wait another 6 months for me to update >.< (If I keep this up it'll only be 4 months till the next update XD )
The excuse: I started university this October and turns out it takes a lot of one's free time ^.^' 
 Also had a bit of a writers block for a while (
I am pretty sure I get my best ideas around 3-4 am and having to go to sleep at human hours for school means I haven't gotten any in a while). I had half this chapter written for quite some time but the second half just laughed in my face and refused to be written.

If there is anything you guys would like to see in this fic feel free to write to me and I will see if I can fit it in :)

Please comment *puppy eye* I'd love to know what you guys think <3

 

And have you seen Minho's MV??????  *_* it's so beautiful and amazing and moving and our baby has finally released a solo!!!!!! I'm so happy <3