Stop Flirting With Her

The "Straight" Member
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up early to prepare Tzuyu's breakfast. The poor girl must have been running a thirty-eight degree fever. I could hardly sleep; instead I was thinking about my- no, Sana's poor Tzuyu. My heart sank as I remembered finding the two of them all tangled up in each other the night before. Sana was snuggling with her. I let out a quiet sigh, remembering that she wasn't mine, nor would she ever be. I know she isn't straight, none of us are, and definitely not me. Not since Tzuyu came into my life. Sadly, it was obvious that she had a crush on Sana. The way Tzuyu would seek out skinship with her was painful to watch, and her happiness when said skinship was achieved felt like a knife in my stomach each time. I had tried losing weight and gaining weight to make myself more attractive to her, neither of which worked. I wasn't Sana. I cut up the pancakes I made for her, and poured a glass of orange juice. I carried the breakfast to Tzuyu's room. 

"Tzuyu...?" I opened the door quietly. All three of them seemed to be asleep. I put the breakfast on Tzuyu's nightstand, and left a note for her. 

Good morning!!!

I made you breakfast since you were sick last night. Take it easy, okay? Text me if you need anything~

                                                                         -Jihyo

I closed the door gently behind me as I left. "Morning, Jihyo-ah." Sana hummed, giving me a quick hug. 

"Ah...good morning." I was a little bit apprehensive about talking to Sana today. I had a tiny bit of jealousy hanging out inside of me since the night before, when she was with Tzuyu. I always felt a little bit of heartache when I was around Sana. I couldn't help but wonder what it was she had that I didn't. Maybe it was her cuteness that had won Tzuyu over, or maybe it was her iness...two things I suppose I don't have. 

"Sorry about last night." She mumbled, looking down at the ground. "But...really, Tzuyu and I aren't together. She told me who she has feelings for, and it isn't me. I don't have any romantic feelings towards her, either." 

"Sana..." I sighed. "It's obvious she likes you. She loves it when you hug her or pay her any attention at all. Her eyes just seem to light up with happiness each time she sees you."

"Oh, Jihyo." Sana laughed quietly. "She really doesn't. I promise. There's no need to be jealous."

"Why would I be jealous?" I crossed my arms.

"You're not as straight as people think." She poked my shoulder playfully. "I know you hide it well, for the sake of the group, but it's painfully obvious to me, at least, that you're far from straight." 

"I'm sure the girls know I'm gay." I sighed. "And I don't mind, as long as people outside of the nine of us have no idea."

"You don't really think that all of us know you're as straight as a circle, right?"

"Well, like you said, it's painfully obvious." I hummed and turned around, starting to walk back to the kitchen. Sana followed on my heels.

"There is someone who doesn't. I recall her telling me that you're the only straight one here." She chirped. 

"And why should I broadcast my uality to everyone in the group?"

"I'm not telling you to." 

"Aren't you?"

"Nope. Just one person."

"And who would that person be, huh?" I turned around to look at her. 

"Tzuyu." She smirked. 

"Of course. It always goes back to her." I groaned. "It would be a huge favor if you would stop flirting with her. Just date her, or let her know you aren't interested." 

"I'm not interested." She raised an eyebrow in confusion. I'm sure she knew what I meant. She's probably just afraid to reject our little maknae, despite the fact that that would be best for her. If she had a definite answer, she might be able to get over this crush on Sana, and I wouldn't have to wonder how long I'd have to put up with their mindless flirting. 

"Then stop flirting with her!" I yelled. A couple of seconds later, it dawned on me that I had just yelled at Sana for no good reason. I sighed, sitting down on the ground. Sana kneeled in front of me. "I'm sorry. I just..." 

"It's okay, Jihyo...it's okay." She also seemed a bit down at the moment. "Do you want me to stop 'flirting' with her?" She put 'flirting' in air quotations. 

"Yes...please. She's...she's young. I don't want her to get led on, and feel hurt later." I put my face in my hands. "Unless there's something there...then, I want you to make her happy." 

"I have no idea what's going on here, but okay, I guess." She patted my shoulder. "Have you eaten yet? Maybe you're just hungry." 

"Maybe I am." I stood up with Sana's help. "I cooked Tzuyu breakfast, but I didn't even think about myself."

"Cute." She giggled. "Get something to eat, okay?" I walked into the kitchen and started to eat breakfast.

"Sana unnie!" I heard Tzuyu's adorable voice call out to Sana.

"Yeah?" She responded. I listened closely. 

"Jihyo unnie made me breakfast!" She seemed incredibly happy about this. I chuckled to myself, finding myself falling further for our maknae.

"I know. She told me, silly." Sana laughed. "She cares a lot about you."

"I know." Tzuyu's voice got quiet, and I couldn't quite hear what they were saying anymore. I tried not to think about the possibilities. I didn't want to think about Sana and Tzuyu flirting back and forth with each other. Especially if Sana wasn't going to stick with her. I left my breakfast on the table and left the kitchen, frustrated with myself, frustrated with Sana, and worried about Tzuyu. "Unnie, I-" I blocked her out, as difficult as it was, as I hurried to my room. I tried to hold my tears back until I had some privacy. 

I slammed the door of my shared bedroom, and collapsed on my bed in tears. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter