Truth

All These Years

(Mina's POV)

It was a lovely day because I passed my test with flying colors. I wanted to celebrate it.

First of all, I'm a med student. Year 5. Currently in love with the girl from the art department. We had been together for 2 years now. She's a cute little cub to me. More like, she's my everything? We lived together though. 


Chaeyoung was born from a very rich family. She owned a house, car and the most important one, me. She's younger than me anyway. One year younger.

Back to the main topic, as I passed my test, I wanted to celebrate it. I decided to buy some foods and eat it with Chaeyoung. I bought her favorite strawberry cake. <3 But I was thinking if strawberry cake is enough a for us. Of course not. I bought fried rice in addition.

I was patiently waiting at the bus stop. Actually, I miss my Chaeng. 

"Hey please help me." Suddenly an unknown girl touched my shoulder and she kissed me. She held my hand tightly. I tried to pull away but she's too strong. The kiss lasted for 10 second. 

The unknown girl pulled away. "Please don't get me wrong. I have a reason and I'll tell you later when I meet you again. Oh thank you anyway." I looked at her with a weird expression when she held my shoulder while saying that. The unknown girl just left me after that.

I was clueless. I sat down while thinking about that girl. 'A stranger just kissed me and said thank you to me. That's funny' I thought. 

The bus that I had been waiting had arrived. I can't wait to go home. 

"God damn it. I forgot that Chaeng won't be home tonight." I said to myself. "Maybe I miss her too much..." I sighed. 

I arrived at Chaeng's house. I was kinda shocked to see Chaeng's car because I thought she won't be home that night. "She's here? She's here." I was happy obviously. I pressed the bell.

No respond. I pressed it again. 

Finally, she opened the door. A smol little cub was shown in front of the door. I hugged her. 

"You're homed already? I thought you said you won't be home tonight." I kissed her cheek. Yes I missed her. So much.

Chaeyoung remained unmoved and that's new. I asked her, "Are you okay?" The cub didn't say anything just telling me to come in while holding my hand.

We both sat on the couch. I left the food at the door. 

I was worried so I cupped her face and asked, "Are you okay Chaeng? Anything happened during the study group? Did yall fight?" Still no respond.

She suddenly broke the silent. "Myoui Mina." I was startled. Chaeyoung never called my full name. 'She must be tired.' I moved closer to her.

"Let's break up." 

I wasn't worried anymore. It turned into a sad face. "W-why?"

"I don't love you anymore." She said she didn't love anymore. I couldn't believe it. Everything went nice and what is this?

"You what?" I asked her, not believing the reason. 

"I said I don't love you anymore. What's the point of continuing this if I don't have feelings for you anymore? This is the only way. At least you won't hurt that much." Chaeyoung stated.

I was hurt. Tears started to come. I couldn't say anything. I should fight for my love but...I couldn't. I couldn't except the reality. 'She doesn't love me.' Tears rolled down my face. 

I stood up from the couch and walked to the door to take the food. I walked to Chaeng again. "Here. I bought you food. You often forgot to eat when you study so I bought you this. Even if we're over, please eat this. Don't sleep with an empty stomache." I lied. I bought the food because I wanted to celebrate my good result with her. She took it.

I kissed her and hugged her before I left. "Good bye Chaeng. Thank you for everything. I'm leaving." It was hard to say good bye. It was hard to let go. I walked to the door and left the house.

I broke down outside her house.

I had nowhere to go. I walked without knowing where to go. No destination. 

After 5 minutes of walking, I saw a bar. It's 2:30 a.m. I decided to go in. I sat at the bar. I'm not the type who likes to get drunk but for tonight, I think I want to get drunk. I ordered a drink. 

I ordered an another drink. The same thing continued until someone stopped me. "Miss, you had drink a lot already. You should stop."

I was drunk. I tried to walk but my view was blurry. My head was dizzy. I couldn't walk properly. I fainted.