Mess

All These Years

(Chaeyoung's POV)

I can't believe you did this to me. I was crying, like a mess. The girl I loved, cheated on me. My world crashed down.

“I shouldn't be like this” I was leaning against the wall in the unknown alley. It was hard to swallow the reality. Especially when the love of my life, cheated on me, with my own bestfriend. It was painful.

I cried harder. The tears wetted my shirt. I decided to let it all out. The night continued with me crying.

I’m tired of crying. I walked, weakly to my car. I want to go home. But I suddenly stopped walking. I saw a girl dressed in red, crying while leaning against my car.

Before I moved to the girl, I wiped my tears. Why would a mess talking to other mess right. I slowly walked to the girl. The girl noticed my appearance and she started to wipe her tears and stand on her feet. She started to walk away.

”Miss!” I called her. Thankfully, she did turn her back.

“I’m sorry if that’s your car.” She said while handing me some paper. I pushed it to her, stating that I don’t want the money. “I don’t want anything and it’s okay. I saw you cried so I decided to help.” I stated with a weak smile. I offered her tissues. She took it and she smiled. It was weak smile too.

“Thank you.” She said. “I don’t know what had happened to you but It’s okay to cry sometimes. Let it all out. So I’ll see you sooner or later I guess. Go home carefully.” I said to her with a smile and I got it my car. I waved my hand and drove back home.

I arrived safely, thank God. I parked my car and went into the house.

I threw myself on the bed. Looking at the ceiling, sighing. I stayed like that for 10 minutes and took a shower. I looked like trash from crying. I freshened myself up and tried to find something to eat.

“Stupid Son Chaeyoung.” I was looking for food in the fridge but there’s nothing. And I’m hungry. It’s 2 in the morning. If ever Mina was here. Right I thought about the girl.

When she will be back? I asked myself. Suddenly the bell rang. She's here.

I opened the door and she hugged me, "You're homed already? I thought you said you won't be home tonight." She kissed my cheek. Like nothing happened. I remained unmoved making the girl looked at me. 

"Are you okay?" she asked innocently. 

"Let's go inside." I spoke. Holding her hand for the last time. We sat on the couch, at the living room. She started to ask again, "Are you okay Chaeng? Anything happened during the study group? Did yall fight?" She cupped my face.

"Myoui Mina." I said making the girl moved her hand from my face.

"You never called my full name. Just tell me what is wrong Chaeng." She's getting closer to me.

I took a deep breath, "Let's break up." 

Mina's worried face faded away. "W-why?"

"I don't love you anymore." Me, a coward myself, was too afraid to state the truth that I saw her with my bestfriend. My best buddy, Yoo Jeongyeon. I'm so stupid that I didn't punch her in the face when I saw her with my girlfriend. I chose to run away and cry. It's not her fault though. I never told her about my relationship with this girl Mina. I love my bestfriend and I didn't want to ruin our friendship just because of this.

"You what?" Mina asked, not believing my statement. 

"I said I don't love you anymore. What's the point of continuing this if I don't have feelings for you anymore? This is the only way. At least you won't hurt that much." I lied. I still love her. So much.

She cried. I wander why did she cry? She's the one who cheated on me. And if she still loved me, she wouldn't cheat on me. 

She stood up and walked to the door. I watched her steps. Suddenly she came in again with something in her hand. "Here. I bought you food. You often forgot to eat when you study so I bought you this. Even if we're over, please eat this. Don't sleep with an empty stomache." She kissed me and hugged me for the last time.

"Good bye Chaeng. Thank you for everything. I'm leaving." She walked to the door and left.

I cried again.