Forgetful

Fiction: A Mino and You story

[MINO POV]

Mino tried to wake Yerin up but she was knocked out. He wanted to ask questions. (You don’t just admit something like that as if it was nothing.) 

Mino started to have feelings for Yerin when they were starting middle school but he didn’t have the confidence to confess. He was still heavier set and she was one of the pretty girls in their class. Once he lost the weight, his talent in rap was getting better, and he had more confidence he confessed to her in their last year before he was to start persuing his dream. And she didn’t acccept him. She had more to say after she told him but Mino didn’t want to hear it. He just left. 

Mino sighed to himself and stared at her as she sleeped. She looked so beautiful and as Mino got up to leave, he couldn’t help himself. He turned around and kissed her forehead before leaving. (We can talk tomorrow.)

[YOUR POV]

You woke up to a pounding head ache and groaned as your rolled over in bed. (Oh my gawd, I shouldn’t have drank so much last night....Mino!) You shot up and looked around your room. The last you remebered was leaning on him in the elevator and him pulling your blanket over you. He wasn’t there and you sighed with frustration as you grabbed your phone to text him. 

You: Hey, sorry about last night, I didn’t mean for you to have to look after me.

You sent the text and noticed the time. You froze. You were late for work.

“! ! !!!!”You muttered as you threw the covers off and bolted for thte bathroom,”This is why I don’t drink anymore!”

Quickly you started cleaning yourself up and brushed your hair when there was a knock on the door. (Who could that be?)

“Hang on!”You yelled while you quickly changed your clothes. 

After you looked somewhat decent you checked your monitor next to the door and saw it was Junhyung! (!!!!!!!!) You felt your face get hot. (He’s going to fire me! He came here to personally fire me! OMG!) 

You threw a fit quietly before opening the door and apologizing right away,”I am SO SORRY. This isn’t like me, it will never happen again, but I understand if you want to fire me, just please don’t-”
Junhyung asked surprised,”Fire you?”
You looked at him finally, confused,”Yeah, I’m late today.”
Junhyung smiled at you and let his laugh out before sighing,”I’m guessing you just woke up. I texted you. My morning schedule got cancelled.”
You realized you hadn’t checked, you just text Mino as soon as you woke up, and felt a bit embarassed tyring to laugh it off,”Ah...well let’s just pretend I didn’t say any of that then.”
“Wow never thought I would see the day you were late, embarrased, and red all at the same time.”He teased,”You’re always punctual and plan oriented.”
Thankfully you had a good working relationship, because out of instinct you made fun of the way he said it and opened your door,”Come in. Do you want water?”
“No I’m fine thanks.”He said polietly following you in. 
Then you froze again and turned to him,”Wait, what are you doing here? You never come here. We always meet at the shop or company.”
“What I can’t visit an employee?”He asked cooly after taking a seat on your sofa.
You squinted at him sensing there was more to this trip,”Not really. That’s kind of unprofessional.”

He seemed to be thrown off by your response, as if he expected to react differently.

“Let’s be friends then.”He shrugged, as if it wasn’t a big deal. He had even dropped the formal honorifics.
“Are you serious?”You asked, Junhyung liked to joke a lot so sometimes it was hard to tell. 
“Why not? We get along well, we work with eachother, and it was going to happen eventually.” (That’s true. It’s not like I was going to quit this job, it’s too good.)
“Call.”You said informally,”But still, what are you doing here?”
He smiled,”I wanted to take my friend out for breakfast.”

You felt your heart race.

[MINO POV]

Mino was in the dance practice on break when he got the text from Yerin. He smield as he replied back.

Mino: Don’t worry about it, you know I don’t mind.

He thought about what she said last night...

Mino: Actually, do you have time this morning? I have a break after practice and wouldn’t mind grabbing something to eat. And talk about last night.

She didn’t reply for a good hour.

Yerin: Wait, what happened last night?

Mino’s heart sank.