Best Friend

Love Scenarios
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oppa... Why is he like that? I mean I didn't do anything wrong, right? It's our monthsary but he said it was such a bother... Am I being too clingy to him..? Am I not good enough? Or pretty enough?"

 

 

The sweet voice sounded too bitter and if chocolates and roses were all she needs, I would have bought a whole factory and dozens of bouquet just to ebb that feeling away from her.

 

 

"Lee Suhyun... Are you drunk?"

 

"Aniyaaa, oppa! Can you smell me?! Do I reek of alcohol?!"

 

 

 

Your voice says enough.

 

 

 

"It's not like the phone lets me know how you smell like now." I don't think she heard me as she kept mumbling and ranting about another love problem with her special one. "Where are you? I'll take you home."

 

"There's no need!"

 

"Don't make me track you down--"

 

"Jinhwan oppa..." She cut me off but it didn't stop me from jumping off my bed and putting on a jacket. "I really really... Jinjaaaa... like your voice. Can you just keep talking to me like this?"

 

"Why?" I replied shortly as I went out of the house to go the comfort place she has that I know all too well.

 

"It takes the pain away. Every time I hear your voice... it doesn't hurt that much anymore..." She replied in that soft voice telling me she was close to droop her eyes wherever she is. "I wonder why my heart's all calm and good when I hear you, Oppa..."

 

 

 

There she goes again.

 

 

 

Lee Suhyun is like a kid. Careless with her words, free in her actions. The words a girl easily throw to someone she's comfortable with, I catch it with open arms. Being her knight in shining armor but never the prince she chooses to have the happy ending with. The good boy who's willing to give everything and anything to make her the happiest girl in the world and yet she'd still choose the one who signals danger because bad boys are just the typical boyfriend material for good girls.

 

I don't know when it started. I don't know when I started to realize she wasn't the kid I'd play around with. I don't know when I thought of her as beautiful instead of seeing her cute. She's still cute though. Her eyesmiles, her aegyo that she doesn't like to do yet still fits her and even the voice that matured over time... It wasn't just cute anymore.

 

 

It was beautiful and perfect for Lee Suhyun.

 

 

Maybe it was when I felt her letting the idea of me go. When she chose to take another boy's hand instead of mine. When she made the line visible between us that I could easily cross before.

 

 

When I can't be something more that I thought I would eventually be if time and fate were kind to me.

 

 

 

I reached her in the swing she claimed as her spot and had to fight with her brother for before. She wasn't that drunk but she was also far from being sober. I knelt down in front of her and brush the cold tears on her cheeks. She felt the tips of my fingers no matter how gentle I caressed her, just like before, she leaned into it.

 

 

"I told you I'm fine, Oppa..." I turned my back on her and without a hesitation, she climbed on it. "I could have gotten home just fine."

 

"Says who? I'm not going to let any ert get close to you." I took off my scarf and put it around her creamy neck. I lingered my eyes around it and let go when it was still of the same color, clean from any impurities a hungry wolf might give.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter