Eyes Closed (but my mind wanders)

One to Ten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Privileged and had grown up in a rich household, Wendy learned that she could pull strings to get whatever she wants. Her parents would often tell her that money may not give you genuine happiness but it can solve your problems— like the one time she set her Chemistry Lab on fire back in highschool. It only look two cases filled with money to avoid an earful of scolding from the Principal and for the other people to move on from the incident.

Placing a half-used cigar at her smoking tray, Wendy might say her parents were wrong. She closed her eyes and leaned her head back, a tear rolling her eye.

“Seungwan?” It was Irene, standing behind where she was seated, running her hands nears Seungwan’s temple— gently massaging it “Smoking at 6 in the morning? Baby, you have to go to work at 8”

Seungwan softly smiled. She loves being around Irene. “I love you, my love” she whispered

She felt Irene move closer. Even with her eyes still closed, she feels the other’s mouth near her ear “I love you so much, Seungwan” and Wendy’s heart was, again, filled with warmth— the type that only Irene was capable of giving “I’ll check on Yerim. You take a bath now because you reek of smoke”

“Okay, love” And as Irene left the room, it seems as if she brought the comforting warmth with her because it turned cold the moment Seungwan opened her eyes. She turned back to her ash tray, picking up the cigarette again.

     Lifeless and her face not showing any interest. The board members stood up when Wendy had entered— most of them doubting to whether they should approach the CEO. Luckily, Seulgi was there and she gave zero s to Wendy not being in the mood.

“Yah, Wan. I got the approval of that one investor that you were eyeing for a year” Seulgi beamed in pride

“Good”

Although disappointed at her bestfriend’s reaction, Seulgi managed to smile at Wendy and jokingly said, “Nah. Not a big deal. Was very easy to talk to her”

Wendy only hummed in response. Seulgi and the other board members exchanged looks. And Seulgi, taking the second highest position, looked at them with an apologetic face. Seulgi tried her hardest when she pursued their recent big investor, in hopes of putting a smile back in Wendy’s face— the woman had been off since last year. Not only did they have to deal with a cold Wendy but an also grumpy CEO. Nevertheless, they understood and Seulgi, who always receives the end of Wendy’s frustrations, stayed.

     The meeting ended. Wendy was scrolling through her phone as she was seated behind her desk table. She began to search for beautiful flower arrangements that she could give her wife and their daughter. Halfway through, she felt hot tears b and so, she decided to close her eyes and take a brief rest. Then she heard the door opened.

“Babyyy!” A cheerful tone coming from her wife who seemed excited. Seungwan guesses Irene must have some good news for her.

“Mmmm?”

“You won’t believe what my friend, Dr. Park, said!” Joohyun was nearly jumping up and down. Seungwn couldn’t help but chuckle at her wife’s antics— all those years together, ever since highschool, and Joohyun is still the most adorable “We can have a second child”

The CEO smiled widely, her heart is being filled with warmth again.

“Well, I have to leave now” Irene announced

Seungwan was confused “Babe, you just got here. Stay a little bit more. I missed you so much” she protested “And I can drive you back to the hospital”

“I have a lot of patients to attend to, my love” She could only huff and pout. Irene laughed and was now taking small steps towards the door— waving goodbye to Seungwan.

And when the door closed, Wendy brought her hand up to her cheek. The tears that were b earlier began to stream down her face.

“Are you okay?” Since when was Seulgi inside her office? Wendy snapped out of it and turned to Seulgi

“I’m sorry. I was distracted” she admitted “You want to talk about something?”

“Not really” she made her way towards a chair, sitting with her legs crossed and concern written all over her face “Just want to check up on my bestfriend, like what I usually do every single day”

“I’m fine, Seul”

“Nope. You are still not fine” Seulgi heaved a sigh “do you want me to come with you later? Join you for dinner?”

“I appreciate your concern” Wendy got up from her seat “But it’s me, Joohyun and Yerim only for tonigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter