A Lost Connection

One to Ten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Congrats" Irene wasn't happy with the loss but she could not say that she does not like seeing that big smile plastered in that face-- Wendy's "Wan, that was a nice game"

Wendy admits that she was surprised that Irene had approached her "Thank you. You did well. You were a challenge for our team"

Irene chuckled "You're waiting for someone?"

Wendy nodded "How about you?"

"My car's parked outside" Irene sat down on the bench "But I want to stay and chat with you for a while. It has been quite a long time since...."

Wendy sat down beside Irene but was mindful of their distance "It's our last season for our collegiate career, Unnie"

Unnie. Not Joohyun, not Hyun.

"Yeah. We're finally graduating from college"

"How are things with you and Bogum?" Wendy asked. Ever since Bogum and Irene got together, Wendy never had a proper talk with the older. She figured that Bogum must have made sure that Irene would never contant her again.

"We're doing fine" Irene was being honest and fine would be the perfect description. Bogum is a great guy, he treats her well and he never did anything to hurt Irene. Bogum has genuine feelings towards her.

"That's great" Irene turned to Wendy. As selfish as this may sound, Irene was looking for any hints of jealousy or hurt but there was nothing of those. There was even a small smile on Wendy's face "I'm happy that I made the right decision of letting you go back then"

      "Hyun, I'll set the ball to you this time" Wendy whispered to Irene as they huddled. It was a deciding game of who gets the championship and their team was two points behind the other team "Baby, we can do this"

The connection between Irene and Wendy was undeniable. Their connection is one of the reasons as to why they had brought home championship for their school and individual awards for themselves.

Irene happily marched her way towards the dug-out when she saw a familiar man-- the one who scouted her for a playing position at a known university "Ms. Bae, congratulations with the win"

Irene was reminded of the offer. The offer that could mean having to part ways with Wendy but could give her a great opportunity to improve her skills in the sport that she had grown to love.

      "I took the offer" Irene informed

"Offer? What offer?" Irene filled Wendy with the details and Wendy could say that she was a bit hurt that Irene never told her about it before accepting "I'm sorry I only told you about it now"

"It's okay, baby" Wendy planted a kiss on Irene's forehead. A bit hurt but she's very proud that someone got to see how dedicated and hardworking of an athlete her girlfriend is "I am so proud of you, Joohyun"

Irene pulled Wendy into a tight hug "I thought you'll be mad at me for not consulting you"

Wendy chuckled "Why would I be mad? I mean, you worked really hard to be the kind of player that you are today. You deserve this, Joohyun. Shake the University games with your spiking"

A message broke the few seconds of silence between Irene and Wendy "Is that the person you are waiting for?"

Wendy gave a short nod "She said she'll be here in a few minutes. She just got out of training"

"Oh" Irene did not bother to ask who the person was. She has heard rumours of Wendy dating another famous volleyball player in another university. But Irene did not believe in those rumours--- well, she chose not to even with the number of pictures she had seen across Twitter and Instagram.

      Wendy got a big offer. A opportunity that she could never pass nor think of declining. Wendy was beginning to get excited of the thought of earning more exposure with her setting skills.

"huh" That was Irene's first reaction when Wendy told her "... so we are going to be against each other now"

"If that's how you put it then yes"

against each other. Wendy swallowed the lump on and thought of the connection that they have built all throughtout their years of playing together.

      Halfway through rookie year and months of living in separate dorms with conflicting schedules, the couple has been on arguments that would last for days and their communication has not been constant.

"You okay?" Bogum gave Irene a bottle of water "You seem off. I heard you getting scolded"

"Just another bad day..."

"Mmm want to get bin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter