Fish on a hook

The girl of many questions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys, so this is the longest chapter yet, but there is a lot happening. So enjoy! Also thank you so much for all those kind comments, i really appreciate it. 

 

Day one of the disappearance of Bae Irene.

 

“How can she just disappear Sehun? It doesn’t make any sense. She was with us! She was with the plan.”

Sehuns shoulders slopped down, he hated when Jongin yelled. He didn’t yell at him, but at something. This situation, the disappearance of Bae Irene, one of their best agents. Sehun knew how hurt Jongin was when it was exposed that his relationship with Soojung was just an act on her part. To trick them.
Sehun didn’t want this happening again, another team member leaving.

“I´ll find her, Jongin. I will bring her back.”

“When you do Sehun…” Jongin finally sat down after he yelled for a while, his tone now was much scarier than his yelling, barely a whisper. “…you better make damn sure she comes back and keeps shut, and if she doesn’t, make her shut up.”

Sehun just nodded. He didn’t want Jongin to be hurt. I don’t want to disappoint.

 

Two weeks after the disappearance of Bae Irene

 

One thing Sehun did not expect after he found Irene in this shabby village was, that she had a weak spot. Never in his years and years of working and training with Irene has he found a weak point about her, but right in front of his eyes he saw a flustered, nervous and kissing Irene.
What the hell.

 

“Hello Seulgi.”

“W-who are you?”

Destroying the only weak spot of Bae Irene was the best thing he could do to bring her back. She had nothing to love or lust for in this dirty village, she wanted her life back as an Agent, Sehun knew that’s what she wanted.

 

Seulgi may have now held a gun, but never was she threatened by one. The cold metal against the side of her head, and the threatening breathing against her neck did not make her feel the same when Joohyun was close to her neck. It was the opposite. She felt her stomach hurt, in fear. Her whole body went cold and stiff. She tried to breath, think Seulgi, think.

“Who are you?”

“An old friend of a person you refer to as Joohyun.”

He spoke the name like he wanted to spit it out.
“And what does an old friend do with a gun against my head?”

“I´m here to answer some questions. I´m sure you must have had a lot of them after meeting Joohyun.”
„Thats all? You dont want money?“

The man chuckled. „No, money is not what i want. Now get in the car, you’ll drive“

She felt how he shoved her in the direction of the car again. „Joohyun is just in the house, she will notice right away when i’m not here.“

The man just shoved her on the drivers seat, he got in.

„She knows material arts! She has a gun!“

„Oh believe me, i know what she’s capable off. Now go!“

Seulgi only caught a short glimpse off the man, he was tall, black short hair, broad shoulders. He wore a black bomber jacket, and a baseball cap. He dresses similar to Joohyun.

 

Seulgi was driving for about 10 minutes now. Nobody said a word. The mans gun pointed to her head, the only thing he said was the turns she had to make.

„Where are we going?“

„You’ll see.“

She grew up in this village, every corner, every house; she knew where they would go and it made her more than uncomfortable. She was afraid. Afraid that the crazy ex boyfriend of Joohyun would kill her in the abandoned warehouse -the old factory of fish packaging- and she would be found days later, after she bleeds to death. Nobody went here, except when someone was missing. She wouldn’t be the first case, and oh god, she really didn’t want to become a murdered warehouse woman too.

„Stop here.“

Just as she predicted, they halted in front of the old factory, the rusty sign was still hanging on one side. „Ben’s canned Fish“. The letters almost completely lost their colours, the red painted corrugated roof was fragmented by holes, just the same as the parking lot in front of it.

„Get out. Open the gate, and park the car in the factory hall.“

„You dont have to do this. You can let me go, i wont tell the cops, just let Joohyun start a new life, you wont be in trouble.“

The man put the gun closer to her head. „Get out and open the goddamn gate.“

 

 

Twenty minutes before Seulgis kidnapping

 

Sooyoung has done many dangerous things in her life. For example, wandering around the roof top of her school to get out of detention. Or punching the annoying dude in the face, which got her detention in the first place.
But none of those things really had getting killed as a side effect.

As the Kangs Restaurant was half an hour before opening, she wanted to recycle the trash, instead she saw a tall man, holding a gun against her co-workers head. The only reasonable thing she knew to do was getting help from the only person who could use her fists.
“Joohyun!”
Joy ran into the apartment of Seulgi, as she heard the shower, she hammered her hands against the bathroom door. “Joohyun get your out of the shower! Seulgi is getting kidnapped by some man!”

I didn’t even last five seconds before a Joohyun stood in front of Joy. If it weren’t for the fact that Seulgi was being threatened by a gun in this very moment, Joy would have starred at least a tiny bit at the bare Joohyun, but instead she got pushed away. Irene reached for her clothes, and pulled a gun from under a couch cushion.
“You have a gun?”

“Yes.” Irene grabbed something that was hidden deep in her bag. It looked like a badge but she didn’t see enough to tell really.

“Sooyoung listen to me: You get the second gun behind the counter and we´ll meet downstairs.”

“What second gun? And you want me to come with you?”

“Yeah two will be better than one, right? This isn’t time for discussion. Go!”

Sooyoung never ran faster in her life.

 

The man seated Seulgi to a chair that stood in the middle of the warehouse. He didn’t tie her to it, the gun was enough. She was at the brim of tears, of course she knew who this dude was. And if she was right this meant that Joohyun would try to save her, and it would bring her right back in the hands of her abusive boyfriend.

I feel at ease with you.
Joohyuns words were still in her head. It didn’t make Seulgi sad that she was about to be killed, it made her sad that her death meant that Irene had to run again, never be at peace.

“Are you crying?”

. Get it together.

“Seulgi look up.”

“How do you even know my name?”

“I said look up. If I answer your questions you better pretend to listen.”
She looked in his eyes. He couldn’t be older than herself, his eyes weren’t evil, his whole stature didn’t look like someone who would kill her right now.
“Im not going to kill you. I am an agent.”

Oh.

“Wait what?” This is a trick. Don’t trust him.

“I’m a CIA Agent, and I have a mission, a very important one.”

Seulgi scoffed. “Show me your badge then.”

The man grabbed a necklace that laid under his shirt. The tag was indeed that of a CIA Badge, well it looked like those in the movies. Seulgi wasn’t a lawyer.

“So if you are an agent, what is your mission?”

“I need to bring Joohyun back.”

The man took down his gun finally, Seulgi relaxed a little bit. It wasn’t like she could hurt him, even with a gun.

“Bring her back to where?”

“Washington. Where she lives.”

“Shes not going back to you, you monster.” Seulgi watched as the man furrowed his eyebrows. Instead of getting angry he seemed confused.
“Wait, what did Joohyun tell you about me?”

“That you are her boyfriend who happens to be an abusive .”

If she would get shot tonight he did not deserve all nice and begging words from her.

But again he reacted not the way Seulgi anticipated. He started to laugh.

“She told you im her boyfriend??”

This dude is crazy. Absolutely crazy. She trailed him with her eyes, as he walked around her chair seemingly thinking hard, with a slight grin on his face. He stopped in his track and crouched before her.
“Seulgi I don’t know how to break it to you, but your Joohyun isn’t who she seems she is. Shes a CIA agent, just like me. We were together on a mission, which we sadly did not finish in good terms. I have to bring her back since she needs to be held accountable for what she has done.”

Lies. All of them lies.
“Her real name is Bae Irene.”

Seulgi knew this much, but it wasn’t enough proof for her.
“Here is her wanted page every police station has hanging in this country.”

The picture showed a photo of Bae Irene, with black hair. She wasn’t described as a CIA Agent but as an important woman. Short, mostly in black clothes, fair skin. That was the Joohyun Seulgi thought she knew. But Joohyun also told her that her boyfriend let her be searched through the police. But at an importance of category A? That was almost as important as the president. Seulgi was more than confused, she was an open book and for an agent as easy to read as a children’s book.

“You need more proof?”

The man grabbed his phone and showed her a picture of an ID Card, it belonged to the CIA. The same woman, Bae Irene.
“Seulgi in this mission many people died, she isn’t as innocent as she seems. That lie of me being her boyfriend? She knows how to lie, she is a trained agent.”

“So do you.” Seulgi tried her best to not believe the mans word, but all of this fitted together so neatly, while Joohyuns story didn’t.

“That’s true. I would also know how to lie. But im not. I am here for the national security, I protect people, not the other way around.”

Seulgi felt defeated. This wasn’t what she expected, at all.
“Why did you bring me here then?”
“To get I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter