Capturing fish, capturing lips

The girl of many questions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Irene watched as her co-worker- Park Sooyoung was whispering to Seulgi, looking rather suspicious of the new waitress.
“Jesus Joy I swear she isn’t dangerous just because she knows how to fight!”

Joy?

Seulgi looked over Sooyoungs shoulder with a worried face, to see if Irene has heard them. Of course she did. But Irene stood there waiting in her new found clothes, black shirt, apron. Being a waitress wasn’t her dream job, but being a wanted CIA Agent wasn’t either.

Joohyun was quite glad that it turned out like this, she didn’t have a normal life in years. Plus Seulgi was quite a funny companion to be honest.

“You know I can hear you guys?”

Sooyoung turned around: “Yeah did I ask?”

“Jeez, calm down.” Seulgi stepped in with an apologizing smile plastered on her face.
What a goddess of peace.
“So uhm, Joohyun, this is Sooyoung or as people sometimes call her: Joy.”

Joy nodded her way: “Sup.”

Very charming. “Nice to meet you, Sooyoung.” Irene didn’t want to test out the girls nickname just yet.

“So Sooyoung is mostly behind the counter, shes in charge of the beverages.”
“Got it.” Irene followed Seulgi around the restaurant, while the younger girl explained everything. The restaurant was still closed, it would open for lunch.

In two hours she would have to start her new job, but until then she still had some things to do.

 

Seulgi was with Joy in the Restaurant helping her father cook. Irene was upstairs in Seulgis apartment and starred at her passport which was completely useless by now. If she wanted to really flee she had to get herself new papers, and most importantly get rid of her damn car. It wasn’t originally her real car, she stole this one too, but she hasn’t changed it since day one of her escape, and Irene was pretty sure they would have her soon enough.

Excusing herself to Seulgi, she drove to a rather lonely lake, with her stolen car, and watched as the big machine dove in to the water, sinking slowly.
Irene hated this, she hated having to lie, letting people close to her who didn’t know her secret. Sure she was used to lying but that was also the reason why she didn’t want to get tangled up with none agents.
The water blubbered as the car sunk to the lake ground. She felt bad wasting a whole car into mother nature, in a lake, but this was her chance for the car to be never found again.

She had to return by foot, which wasn’t a big deal since the village was small. On her way she saw a building with an advertisement that caught her eye. “Immigration papers: We help. Kim Lawyers.” If they could get them in to the country they sure could get her out, right?

 

“So where is your great new waitress? She was supposed to be here half an hour ago.”
“Shut up Joy. Joohyun will be here any moment.” Seulgi walked around the wooden floor rather nervously. Joy stood behind the counter preparing drinks for the first customers, who came like any other day for lunch break. It was a Thursday after all.
Did Joohyun really just leave her? When she just settled down? Seulgi didn’t want to accept it, but again who was she to keep Joohyun from running away?
“Joy I gotta check on something quickly.”
“Yo Kang! You can’t just leave me alone with the customers!”

Seulgi didn’t listen. Going upstairs in her apartment, she was looking at the couch where Joohyun has slept. Her stuff was still there, neatly packed away. But then something caught Seulgis eyes. A passport. She just wanted to have a look.

Opening the passport she saw a girl, with black hair, bangs, a stern look. The name: Irene Bae. Irene?

“Who are you?”

 

 

“And where the were you?” Joy looked at the new waitress who run in by the back door, tying her hair together rather messy.
“I uhm had to…” she was out of breath, and sweated quite much, she had been walking almost an hour now, „I had some errands to run. Where is Seulgi?“

„Late on your first day of work, good job.“

„Cut her some slack, she protected us from those drunken bastards.“ Seulgis Dad came out of the kitchen smiling fondly at Irene.

He didn’t think a second about employing Irene, since he didn’t know about the whole trying to steal their car thing. Irene was lucky.

„You did what?“ Sooyoung washed some glasses, as she looked at the girl curiously.

„She single handily punched those guys to pulp. You should have seen their faces!“

Mister Kang laughed.

Irene blushed, she didn’t want to be the talk of the village but sooner or later she would be known as the new waitress who definitely knew how to use her fists.

In that moment when Irene wanted to ask again where Seulgi was, the girl came down the stairs, starring at Irene with confusion written all over her face.

„Whats wrong?“ Mister Kang asked.

„Oh nothing.“ Seulgi put on her dashing smile and started to serve the guests.

Irene was left standing at the counter until Seulgi waved her over, to help.

 

Lunch time ended and oh Irene was exhausted. She was more fit than any person in this room given her training as an agent, but now having run around with plates full off food, she just wanted to lay down.

Someone patted her on the shoulder.
„You okay?“ Seulgi was still all smiley and positive, like a virus. Irene couldn’t do other than smile back. „Just... Tired.“

„The guests will soon leave, we close from two to five, wanna take a break?“

„Sure.“ Irene watched as the girl got rid of her apron. „Follow me then.“

Irene followed the girl as they went to the garage, the broken lock still laid on the floor before it.

„Sorry bout that...“

„Oh dont worry about it, we only locked it because we were scared the the guys would come back to steal it, turns out we didn’t have to worry about them.“ There was a slight accusation in her tone, but Irene ignored it as she got on the passenger seat. Seulgi was too nice to her.

„Where are we going?“

„To the lake“

Irenes heart jumped at the word, no way Seulgi could know about her car she drowned earlier. „Oh... What lake?“ She was fidgeting with her belt, trying to sound relaxed.

C´mon Irene get it together. Why are you so nervous for? If she finds out, just take her down.

Fast. Bold. Cold hearted. Those were the traits she was taught. Not being all nervous and thinking about the times she lied to a girl, she just met.

“Where most people go fishing, its pretty big!” Seulgi said excited. Irene looked over, the girl was all relaxed, steering the car through the village. As she looked back out the window she saw that they drove a completely different road than the one she walked. So

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter