On the run

Playing with fire

Jiyong was behind a dumpster in an alley way, waiting to make his next move. He had to wait for his command from his commrade. Finally, the time came. As his victim was coming out from the bar, Jiyong's partner signaled, and Jiyong ran up behind the guy. He grabbed his blades crossing them in an "X" formation around the guy's throat, slicing straight through, without hesitation. Jiyong smiled, evily. Next, he took out a match, lit a cigarette, and walked up to his partner. His partner nodded, before the two fled the scene. Jiyong and his partner ran a while, but suddenly, red and blue flashing lights followed behind them. His partner got scared, fleeing a separate way. Jiyong groaned and he tried running faster, wrong move. The police caught up to him, quickly yanking him down from the fence he tried to climb. He fell to the ground, before he could even take a breath, one officer handcuffed him, dragging him to the car. He sighed, he knew what he did, nobody had to tell him again. Jiyong was angry, not at himself, he knew he deserved this, he was angry because his partner left him instead of going down with him. He learned an important lesson that day, you can't trust everybody you interact with. He got down to the prison, getting prepared for fingerprinting and mug shots. After that was finished, he was sent to his holding cell to await trial. After a while, he was allowed to make one phone call. He shrugged and thought on who to call. He decided, since he had no real family to call, he'd call his best friend, Youngbae.

"Hello?" Youngbae answered.

"Youngbae! I need your help." Jiyong said, urgently.

Youngbae furrowed his brows, in worry.

"What happened?" He asked.

Jiyong gulped.

"I'm in prison."

"You what?!" Youngbae screamed.

"Why? How?" Youngbae asked.

Jiyong sighed.

"I...uh...i-its hard to explain. Come visit and I'll tell you. Please? Can you bail me out?" Jiyong begged.

Youngbae sighed.

"Jiyong...I would love to but I don't have m-"

"Can't you get a loan or something?"

"Jiyong I don't know. Okay? I'll try to figure something out but I'll visit you. Okay?" He replied.

Jiyong nodded.

"Okay." He answered.

Jiyong ended the call, and was escorted back to his cell. He laid on the cold metal frame, known as his bed, thinking. He rolled his eyes and tried falling asleep. Finally, after a few hours of tossing and turning, he found himself able to sleep. Even if for a little bit. The next day, he was woken up by two gaurds, knocking on his cell door. He groggily walked over, the gaurds opened the door, allowing him to step outside his cell. They escorted him to the court room. He entered the room, noticing a huge arrangement of people and bright lights. Jiyong took his seat next to a lawyer. 

"So, your papers say here, that you murdered someone?" The judge asked.

Jiyong nodded.

"Yes." He said, coldly.

"Do you feel any remorse?" The judge asked.

Jiyong shrugged.

"No. I'm an assassin. That's my job. I was doing my job." He answered.

The judge narrowed his eyes.

"I could sentence you to death, in fact I should, shouldn't I? But, I don't believe you when you say you feel no remorse. I'll sentence you to 8 years in prison, with the addition that you seek in prison therapy, as well. Court adjourned." He said, with a final hit of his Gabel.

Jiyong nodded, managing a small thank you, bow and leaving the room. A few days passed, and Jiyong was woken up for his first therapy session. He groaned, still trying to wake up. He walked down a long, narrow hallway until he reached a door that read:

"Seungri, prison therapist." 

Jiyong closed his eyes, taking a deep breath, and slowly entering the room. Once he entered the room, Seungri heard small footsteps. He slowly turned in his chair, facing Jiyong.

"Ah yes, hello. You must be Jiyong. Please, take a seat." Seungri said, calmly.

Jiyong nodded slowly, sitting done on the couch across from Seungri. Seungri stood up, gently closing the door.