Four

King Of My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

With ankles crossed and my knees leaning against the center console, I watch Kim Jaejoong slide into the driver’s seat. He starts the engine with the push of a button. Rubbing my hands together, I look at him, observing his movements, a sigh escapes my lips. I adore the subtle tilt of his head when he turns onto the road. Every movement seems as though he’s planned it out ahead of time. Feeling a chill, I rub my arms.

 

He decided to take me to a nearby pub. And all at once, I never expected that we will get to know each other more.

More than secretary-boss relationship.

 

After 1 week

 

I think we become closer by just one week. He’s really nice to me and he even asked my manager to be kinder to me.

 

He even asked me some other day if I had a boyfriend, I said, I didn’t have since I got my heart broken. I asked him too why he didn’t ask Ms. Jung on a date because he was single too. She was a head turner, beautiful than I ever was. Kim Jaejoong said to me that he was never interested. Girl like her is not his type.

He prefers someone he’s comfortable with. He’s quite a smooth talker too. Like the one I used to know before.

 

Jaejoong looked at me and smiled. I nodded in acknowledgement, my head against the wall and my arms folded.

“What’s wrong?” I ask him, Jaejoong grunted to be drunk, again. This usually happens when we drink. We formed a bond through drinking.

 

I didn’t look at him to see his reaction. But then I felt him move closer and pick something on my hair, sliding it down the strand slowly and carefully. I didn’t know what it was, possibly some speck of a dust; a tiny little white dust. But in that moment I suddenly felt different, it was a sensitive act. Normally he or any other boy would grunt, “You’ve got something in your hair”.

This was different; it was an attentive side I hadn’t seen before in him.

 

I got scared. I don’t like this feeling at all. I don’t want to fall and get hurt again. I really hate this feeling.

 

I move away from him setting a distance between us. I brave myself up before I get broken all over again. This feeling, I don’t want to feel anymore.

 

"Jaejoong, you say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter