CHAPTER 2 - LET'S BE FRIENDS

Don't Forget
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

1931

(SOUTH KOREA)

 

Since the beginning of the Japanese Colonization of Korea, the Kim Family has been serving the Minatozaki Family. They are distributed throughout the Minatozaki properties. Kim Taewoo and his family are assigned to manage the Minatozaki Farm and mansion. His wife, Kim Jihyun, is the head of house servants for the Minatozaki Mansion. They have four children. Kim Jiwoong is their 16 year old eldest child. He is their only son and he helps his father in the farm. He is very hardworking like his parents and he is caring towards her sisters. Their second child is 13 year old, Kim Taeyeon. Even though she’s dorky sometimes, she also shows how responsible she is by taking care of her two younger sisters. She doesn’t work yet because she is still young but by the time she turns 15, she is already required to work. Their second youngest child is Kim Dahyun. She is only 6 years old. She is a very charming and cheerful kid. Their youngest child is 1 year old, Kim Jisoo.

 

Their family has a close bond with each other. Even though they are living a difficult life, they want to show their kids love and compassion. They always tell them to never give up and always have hope for their future.

 

Even though Taewoo and Jihyun are working very hard, the Minatozakis don’t pay them fairly. They don’t have the courage to ask for a raise because they know they will just be punished. That’s why they have to endure the pain in order to keep their family safe from harm.

 

One day in the Minatozaki Farm, while the farmer were busy with their work, Jiwoong ran towards his father to deliver him an important message.

 

Jiwoong: Appa! Appa! Appa! I have news from the mansion!

Taewoo: Jiwoong-ah! Stop running you rascal, what’s the news?

Jiwoong: The Minatozaki’s have just arrived from Japan and they will come visit the farm later.

Taewoo: What?! I thought will arrive next week. We have to prepare quickly.

Jiwoong: Yes Appa

Taewoo: By the way, where’s your sisters?

Jiwoong: Don’t worry Appa, they’re somewhere around here playing.

Taewoo: Well, find them and help them prepare also!

Jiwoong: Arasso, arasso

 

DAHYUN’S POV

What a great day! The weather is so nice. It’s the perfect time to play.

 

Taeyeon: Dahyunnie, don’t go too far! Stay here and just beside us.

Dahyun: Unnie, I want to play! Let’s play!

Taeyeon: Let’s play here with Jisoo

Dahyun: Wae?!! That’s no fun.

Taeyeon: Don’t be like that. We can’t leave Jisoo here, she will be lonely. Remember what I’ve always told you. Let’s ta—

Dahyun: Let’s take care of each other! Fine, let’s play here.

 

I have no choice but to obey Unnie. It’s a good thing you’re so cute Jisoo-ah.

 

Dahyun: So….. What are we gonna play?

Taeyeon: Hmmmm…. Let me think.

 

Then suddenly, Jisoo starts crying loudly.

 

Dahyun: What’s wrong Jisoo~ah? Don’t cry.

 

Then Tae-unnie carried Jisoo and rubs her back. But Jisoo still doesn’t stop crying and so I tried to get a doll to give it to her. Then suddenly, Tae~unnie sings her a lullaby and she immediately stop crying. Wow, I’m always amaze by Unnie’s voice. She has a very great voice that’s why I always ask her to sing for me.

 

Dahyun: Tae~unnie, how come you have great voice but I don’t.

Taeyeon: Dahyunnie, you are still young. You haven’t yet discover your talents. Don’t worry it will come to you in time. Maybe, you’ll be better than me. Who, knows.

 

I smiled at unnie and nodded happily at her. After a while, Jiwoong oppa came to fetch us because we need to get ready because the Minatozakis will visit the farm.

While getting ready I ask oppa about the Minatozakis because I’m always curious to what they look like. I have never seen them because when I was born they stayed in Japan.

 

Dahyun: Oppa, what are the Minatozakis like?

Jiwoong: They are very strict and traditional. That’s why you should greet them properly when they get here.

Dahyun: Do they have children?

Jiwoong: Yes but they only have one daughter. You are the same age as the young Minatozaki. They went back to Japan before you were born because they want their daughter to be born there.

Dahyun: Ohhhh….What’s their daughter’s name?

Jiwoong: It’s—

 

Before Oppa can tell me her name, we heard the gates open and Appa came to fetch us.

 

Appa: Kids, they’re here already. Be respectful and behave.

 

We lined up outside and waited for them to get out of the car. Then, a tall handsome man with a blue suit came out of the car and a very beautiful lady with a red colored dress came out too but before I could look at the last person coming out of the car, I saw the others bowing already and so I followed them.

While we were bowing, someone went in front of me who is wearing pink shoes.

 

Lord Minatozaki: Long time no see, Taewoo. How have you been?

 

I think that’s the signal to stop bowing because I saw the others stand up. When I look up, I saw a very cute girl wearing a pink laced dress. We are the same in height. I think she is the young Minatozaki. When I look at her, she immediately smiled at me. I can’t help but to smile back. Then she suddenly grabs my cheeks and squishes it.

 

Sana: You’re so cute and soft!!!

 

The others notices us.

 

Lord Minatozaki: Dear, what ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter