CHAPTER 1 - NOTE FROM THE PAST

Don't Forget
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

2005

(SOUTH KOREA)

 

It has been 5 years since Dayeon left Korea and went to America. She left because she wants to study and improve her skills in photography and playing the piano. She was fortunate to come from a rich family who can afford her education abroad. At first her parents doesn’t want her to study music and photography, they want her to take a business course instead. Her precious grandmother help her in order to persuade her parents to let her pursue her passion. After 5 years, Dayeon is already a known pianist and photographer in America. She owes everything to her grandmother. She was the one who taught her how to play the piano and how to always work hard.

She is now in Korea because she felt guilty for not having the time to visit her grandmother. She wants to make it up to her and show her all the accomplishments she had achieved.

 

While waiting for her driver, Dayeon’s mother called her.

 

Dayeon: Hello Eomma!

Dayeon’s Mom: Our Dayeonnie! Are you here already? Did you arrive safely?

Dayeon: Yes Eomma, I’m here already. I just arrived a while ago. I’m waiting for our driver to just fetch me here at the airport.

Dayeon’s Mom: Oh no, our driver is not here. He accompanied your sister at the mall.

Dayeon: Oh, it’s ok. I’ll just take a taxi home.

Dayeon’s Mom: Ok dear, be safe. See when you get here.

Dayeon: Arasso…Eomma, Is Grandma Dubu there?

Dayeon’s Mom: Oh sorry dear, she’s not staying here anymore.

Dayeon: Wae?!

Dayeon’s Mom: Grandma Dubu doesn’t want to spend the rest of her life in the city. Your appa and I, have decided that it’s the best for her to stay away from the pollution and the noise of the city. That’s why we bought her a house in Busan.

Dayeon: Oh, I think that’s a good idea. What’s the address? I want to go there now.

Dayeon’s Mom: Waeeee?!!!! You don’t want to see your Mother?!

Dayeon: No, it’s not that Eomma. I just really miss Grandma. I haven’t seen her in five years. I want to see her now.

Dayeon’s Mom: Arasso, arasso… I know your Grandma is much important to you than your mother.

Dayeon: Come on Eomma, don’t be mad. You can always just go to Busan to visit us hahahaha

Dayeon’s Mom: Ok, I’ll just text you the address. I will also let our people in Busan know that you’re coming to stay with your Grandma.

Dayeon: Thank you so much Eomma. I love you. I’ll see you soon.

 

Dayeon is very excited to go to Busan and meet with her grandmother. After a few hours, Dayeon arrived in Busan. She is so tired right now because of all the long hours of travelling she has done. However, even though she’s tired she wants to be cheerful so that her grandmother won’t see how tired she is.

After a few minutes, she arrive at her Grandma Dubu’s place. It was a big house with a very big yard and it also has a private beach. The place is slightly far away from the main town. That’s why it has a serene and countryside vibe to the atmosphere. The maids and the guards greeted her and told her that her grandmother is at the living room waiting for her.

As soon as she heard that, she left her bags in the care of the maids and quickly went to go see her Grandma Dubu. However, Dayeon made a mistake she should have ask one of them to show her the way to living room because she doesn’t know where to go and it is a big house and it has so many rooms. While Dayeon was finding her way through the big house, she heard a faint sound of music.

She smiled and immediately followed where the music was coming from. When the music was getting louder, she knows that it was her Grandma Dubu playing the piano. She successfully found the room where the music is coming from and then there she saw her Grandmother totally immerse in playing the black grand piano.

 

DAYEON’S POV

Oh how I’ve missed this. I always like watching my Grandma Dubu play the piano. I have so many pictures of her playing the piano. She’s my inspiration that’s why before I play the piano, I would always look at her picture first because I want to be reminded of the passion my grandma dubu has every time she plays.

Every time she plays the piano, she always get so into it that it’s like she forgets all her surroundings. It’s just her and the piano. I’ve asked her one time why does she play like that and she told me that playing the piano always reminds her of someone and that’s the only way she could express her feelings to that someone. She didn’t tell me who that someone was that’s why I didn’t bother to ask her anymore.

When she was done with the song, I clapped in order to get her attention. She looks at me and immediately went to me and engulfed me in an embrace.

 

Dayeon: Grandma Dubu, I’m so happy to see you!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter