Vernons Star

Vernons Star

“Say the name! Hello, we are Seventeen!”. It was finally time for their first performance for their latest album. Of course, it being a comeback; it was a time filled with many performances, interviews, and of course variety shows. They’d been preparing his moment for months, and after slaving away in the practice room, it was finally time to show it off to their beloved fans.

The members took their positions, the lights faded, and the music started. It was a familiar scene to the members, yet some couldn’t get used to it. By the end of the song, the members were all puffing for air as they said their farewells to the fans and headed back stage to celebrate. The members all cheered as their hard work had finally paid off and there were smiles all around.

“Hey where is Vernon?” Hoshi asked, noticing that the younger wasn’t there. The others looked around quickly scanning the room.

“Dunno, maybe he went to the bathroom?” Woozi said, raising his shoulders.

“Maybe...” Hoshi replied as he took a seat. He’d noticed that Vernon had been acting “weird” for the last week or so. Whenever they had dance practice, Vernon was the first to come and the last to leave. Sometimes he never even went back to the dorm and he’d always go to the bathrooms during breaks.

Hoshi noticed it pretty fast due to his crush for the younger boy. He had a habit of watching him whenever he was around, so It wasn’t surprising that he noticed when the other wasn’t around. He blanked out while thinking about the other. Is he ok? His not sick anywhere right? Many thoughts rushed through his mind as he stared blankly.

“Hello? Earth to Hoshi” Someone said, snapping him out of the trance of worry.

“What’s wrong? You seem dazed” Vernon laughed while looking around for a seat. The only problem with having so many members was that there was never enough room for everyone to sit at once.

“Was just waiting for you” Hoshi teased, grinning as he pulled Vernon onto his lap.

“Yeah right” Vernon said, quickly retreating from the others lap and walking away. Hoshi’s grin disappeared, disappointed that the other had left. After celebrating the team loaded into the van to head home. Hoshi secured a seat next to Vernon to have some fun on their way home. However, Vernon was quick to put in his headphones on and rest his head on the window as they drove.

Once they were at home, everyone seemed to be in a good mood. Yet again Vernon seemed to pull one of his magical vanishing acts. Hoshi spent some time looking around for him. You’d think in a dorm with only a couple of rooms you’d be able to find someone easily right.

After looking for a while he knew where he would be. He left the room where he others were and quietly snuck out, making sure that no one noticed. Hoshi sighed as he looked up the flight of stairs. He better love me, he thought as he made a dash up the stairs. He dashed up the stairs before finally reaching the roof, sure enough there he was. Vernon was laying on the mattress that the members had dragged up there one night. He was spread out, staring blankly at the stars in the night sky.

“There you are” Hoshi said softly as he walked over, taking a seat next to Vernon. The two sat in silence, both afraid of saying something.

“Vernon…What’s wrong?” Hoshi asked softly yet cautiously. He knew something was up, yet was afraid to ask. Vernon’s lips remained sealed as he continued to stare into the sky.

“You know I’m not going to leave until you tell me” He nagged softly as he made himself comfortable. He made use of Vernon and used the others arm as a pillow, making Vernon’s ears shine red. Hoshi squealed internally at the cuteness that was radiating off the other. Hoshi laid on his back and stared into the sky while waiting for a response. The two laid there for a while before Vernon finally spoke.

“Hyung” Vernon said, his voice soft. “Do you see those stars?”

“yeah”

“I hate them” Vernon continued. Hoshi turned his head to look at Vernon.

“But the are beautiful”

“Yes, they are, they are unimaginably beautiful. Yet they are so far. I will never get to touch one and I will never be able to stay beside one” He explained. Vernon’s began to get thicker and tears started pouring down his cheeks.

Hoshi was taken aback and started to panic. Hoshi wasted no time, he grabbed the others arm and pulled him into a tight embrace. Vernon didn’t resist a single bit, instead he snuggled in close to Hoshi’s chest to muffle his sobs.

“I don’t know if it counts…But you know…” Hoshi stumbled as he tried to find the right words to say and the courage to say them.

“Hoshi means star in Japanese…so if you want…I can stay by your side…forever. In other words, I can be your star” Hoshi said softly, turning his head away to look back into the sky. His ears were burning as he came to realize what he had just said. The words echoed through Vernon’s ears, making him pop his head out from the embrace to look at Hoshi. The tears softened, and his face was blank. Hoshi glanced at Vernons reaction.

“Haha Sorry, I said something stupid. I’m going back now” Hoshi rushed as he went to make a dash for it.

“Hyung” Vernon shouted. Hoshi was startled at the sudden noise and quickly turned around. He was greeted by a teared stained yet widely grinning Vernon.

“What’s wro…” Hoshi was cut off. Before he could finish his sentence by a pair of soft beautiful lips reaching his own. The moment felt like It lasted for ever, but, it was too short. He felt his whole face go red as the two faced each other.

“You can be my star. I would love that. “Vernon said, melting hoshi’s heart. Before hoshi could react, Vernon quickly ran pass him out of his site. Hoshi subconsciously placed his fingers over his lips while facing in the direction that Vernon had left.

Hoshi took one final look at the sky. He grinned widely. “Thankyou” he whispered as he looked to the stars, before turning away and started to head back to the dorm.