newfaces

Genius
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

April 19th, 2013

3:46am

Room 312

AHHHHHHH! I screamed internally. The room was all black besides the small streams of moonlight that came in through the window. Snores erupted and subsided around me in a rhythmic beat as I lay in my bottom bunk, exploding with frustration. Curse you, JET LAG!!! It was 2:46pm in Pennsylvania right now. I would have been coming out of school and making my way to Lila's Ice with Olivia. 

I wanted to yell and jump up and run four miles. But none of those options were close to plausible. Finally, unable to stand the itchiness of insomnia, I pulled on an oversized baby blue hoodie and slides and silently crept out of the room and into the dark hallway. 

How do I grab some fresh air? I thought as I looked around. The only light visible was the green exit lights on either end. An idea formed at the sight of them. The rooftop! 

I opened the rooftop door to a dark night sky, not starry due to Seoul's lights, but still filled with the blue rays of a full moon. Walking out to the edge of the building, I took in many deep breaths of the summery spring air. The lights all around the building were humming with subdued energy, a totally different night scheme from that of Pittsburgh. I wish Olivia were here to see this. I thought melancholily. 

I was enjoying the view, the air, and the unconfined roof when I heard male voices coming closer and closer through the door. OH CRAP! I don't know if I'm allowed to be here! Gotta hide gotta hide gotta hide...

I spied a storage cabinet in the corner and quickly hid inside, out of view of anyone who would come out through the door. It finally creaked open and the muffled dialogue became audible.

"This is absolutely impossible. How can they expect us to create more content just a couple weeks before debut? Will this cause more delay if we can't do it?" a deep but soft voice exclaimed, worried.

"Sigh... I'm not sure. But I'm sure we can do it. I'm trying to find various inspiration, but it's hard to come up with something as...specific as what PDnim wants." said another voice with an even darker and velvety quality.

"I liked the track from earlier," said the first one, "why not just show that one to Bang PDnim?"

"I already did, but he told me it was trash. The concept wasn't different enough." 

The two of them sounded defeated. There was no doubt that they were part of a group that was getting ready for a debut album. How lucky. They're complaining about my dream. As they walked toward the edge of the roof, their backsides came into view. Both were tall, dark haired. and skinny. Although they sounded mature, their voice inflections gave the impression that both were either in their late teens or early twenties.

"But Hyung, he loves your productions! If you can't come up with anything, who will?" Exclaimed the first, turning towards the taller one. He had a high nose bridge and strong, handsome features. Damn, he a definitely an idol.

"Not this time Taehyung-ah. He threw out my tape last last time because he was disappointed." He what?! I couldn't believe it. How could anyone treat someone's music like that? The boy sighed and turned around to lean on the railing, revealing his face. He had charismatic monolids, a sloped nose ending in a small button, and plump lips, all enclosed in a model-sized face and set on strong shoulders and long limbs. "I really hope Yoongi comes out of his dry phase as soon as possible. I really don't think PDnim wants to hear anything else I bring to the table. There's just too much pressure to be perfect. But I don't blame them because we will be the first group since 2am. " He continued, stress lines forming on his forhead.

"Wait, Yoongi? Min Yoongi?" I said, not realizing it had been out loud. I covered my mouth. Too late.

The two boys turned their faces towards my voice. "Namjoon Hyung, did you hear that?" Said Taehyung.

"Uh... I think so?" He walked towards the cabinet I was hiding in. "Hello? Is anyone else here?" he said, a bit gruffly. 

FUDGE! Is this how my career as a musician would end? At the ripe young age of 17, would I never see the light of the stage or the sound of my music on the radio? Sorry God, sorry! Please forgive me for everything I've done! I promise to never sneak out again! Please don't let me get caught...Please..

Like that, I pleaded as I pulled my hoodie over my eyes and squeezed them shut. Eventually, they stopped looking. "I guess we're just tired Hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter