move

Genius
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's crazy to think that just 8 hours ago, I was celebrating Olive's 17th birthday party. That I was waving goodbye in the car with a huge smile, but letting the darkness  of midnight conceal the hot tears streaming down my face. It was crazy that I'd come home to a room that didn't look that different, yet had at its door would stand a gray suitcase, a guitar, and a bookbag ready to be taken over 6,500 miles away to a place I only knew from stories and the internet.

8 hours ago, it was 11 pm, Pittsburg, Pennsylvania. Now, at 7am, East Atlantic Time, 6am Central Standard Time. I was sipping Earl Grey in Chicago for a break from the 14 hour long flight. My earbuds in, I was lost in sound and melody, in beats and rhythm. Yet, I couldn't deny the beats of my heart that thumped "You don't belong here! Go back home!" and the tears subconsciously forming in my eyeballs.

Goddamn it; I'm already homesick. How was I supposed to survive in Seoul for the next three months?

I took out my earbud to take in sounds of the airport and watch people. Maybe it will help me think of the adventure ahead.

There were so many people in the airport despite the early time. Many were running, clutching their suitcases. Others strolled along with what seemed like friends and family. Some looked businesslike and stern while others looked carefree. I looked at myself to see where I fit in-- I didn't. 

I felt my stomach growl. "oof I forgot I didn't eat anything since I left Olive's place." I mumbled. I grabbed my stuff and headed to the nearest Moonbucks.

"Thank you." I said as I took my panini and chai latte from the barista. Feeling a little better after smelling the chai latte, I turned around to grab my luggage. But something was missing. My guitar!

! I began to panic. Without my guitar, there was no point in going to Korea. My life hung on having that one thing. I scoured the entire Moonbucks looking for my guitar. It had been there one second and then gone the next. Someone had to have stolen it. I ran out of the moonbucks still holding my stuff and scanned the entire building. WHAT THE HECK YOU SONOFABICH I thought, silently screaming in my brain. WHY would anyone do this?!

Out of the corner of my eye, I spied a running figure. Sure, you could say there were a lot of running people but for some reason, this dude looked a bit

...sus

And sure enough, in his hand was a light brown guitar case. My guitar case. There you ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter