Chapter 8

Two Different People

Jonghyun and Shinhye had went their separate ways when they reached the school after their coffee date.

Shinhye sat in her class, too early for even the teacher to be there. It was fine for her, she had to catch up on some assignments. She pulled them out, and began to work on the math problems.

Yonghwa walked in, a confident smile on his face. His arm was around one of the queenkas. As expected, Shinhye looked up to see who had walked in. She widened her eyes, looking at them being so comfortable. "Y-Yonghwa," she spoke his name, feeling uneasy to ask why he had his arm around a girl.

"Waeyo?" He looked at the emotion on her face, and furrowed his eyebrows. She was not jealous--yet, but a concerned look danced upon her eyes. 

"What do you mean, 'waeyo'? Why are you touching her like that? You know her heart is racing, and you don't mean half the things she thinks it means." Shinhye stated, finally realizing one of the reasons she had hated him before.

"You're not the least concerned of your feelings when I'm holding this girl?" he asked, feeling that his plan was going down the drain.

She pondered on his question, and dwelled on her feelings when they had kissed. She knew they weren't a real couple, but she couldn't help the nice sensation of his lips. His smile, his eyes, and his silly games were stuck in her head. She swallowed, not wanting to cause any problems. "I kissed you because I liked how it felt the first time on the roller coaster," she said, which wasn't at all a lie, but it was one of the reasons she had kissed him. She looked at how his arm was so casually around her, like they had been use to it for years. Her fingers lingered on her lips, remembering how their lips had crashed together. She gripped her chest, feeling a slight pain. "What is this feeling?" she asked herself, biting her lip.

He smiled while he watched her recall their kiss. He knew it, because she was touching her lips right in front of them. He was satisfied. She was jealous. He grinned, and took it a step further; hoping she would kiss him again, and become possesive upon him. "That's the only reason?" He took the queenka by her shoulders, and planted a kiss on her lips fake-passtionately.

Shinhye's grip tightened on the right side of her chest. feeling Her heart felt as if a knife had been stabbing it over and over again. She watched them kiss deeply, but her mind told her to close her eyes. She couldn't, she witnissed the crime right before her very own eyes. "A-Anni.." She pursed her lips while she blinked back the tears. "Why are you doing this?" she asked him while he still kissed her. "Shinhye, why are you developing tears? You're not even with the guy, stop it," she lectured herself, and stood up.

He heard her words, and grinned against the queenkas lips. He pulled a centimeter away from the queenka's lips, and them softly.

That set her on fire. She walked up to him, and pulled him by his shirt so he'd face her. She brought her hand up to his face, and blinked plenty of times just to push the tears away. "I have no idea why I feel so betrayed. I don't know why in the hell I feel like crying," Anger took over her as she clutched his shirt tightly. She got close to his face, and shut her eyes tightly before opening them. "Why are you doing this," she stopped mid-sentence, and swallowed. She couldn't hold the tears in anymore. They trickled down her cheeks as they took their time to get down her soft cheeks; thus falling off onto his shirt. "in front of me?" She gave him the deserved slap across his face, and ran out of the classroom.

The queenka who was involved in the scene could care less about Shinhye. Her gaze was on Yonghwa--who ran after her immediately when her footsteps hit the halls.


~


Yonghwa ran through the halls, but was stopped with a hand on his chest. Jonghyun looked him in the eyes, and sighed. "Hyung, you went too far," He remembered seeing Shinhye run through the halls with tears falling down on her cheeks. He was hurt to see her like that. "I know you like to see your partner's weak side, but this isn't the way to do it."

He walked home after delivering his words to the babo, and left for home.

Jonghyun's wise words seeped into his thoughts. Yonghwa sighed, and dropped down against the wall.

Yonghwa held his head in his hands, muttering to himself. "You babo," He bit his lip, and slapped his head. "you shouldn't have went that far to kiss her," He nursed his cheek from the painful slap. "I deserved it." He stood up again, but slid down against the wall again. "She'll never talk to me again.. Never."
 

~

 

Shinhye sat in the school's garden, hugging herself as she sat near the roses. She admired them as tears fell down her face continuosly. Her salty tears watered the plants. She wiped them away with the back of her wrist, letting out a deep sigh. "Babo," She looked up at the sun, and squinted her eyes. "Yonghwa, you babo."

After she was done sobbing, she walked home. She opened the gate that guarded her house, and opened it. She went into her house, and removed her shoes. "Eomma," she said, her voice slightly cracking. "I'm home." She walked upstairs, and stepped in her room. She closed the door, and laid on her bed, pulling the blanket over her head. "I don't ever want to face him again," she whispered to no one in particular, and closed her eyes. 


~


In the morning, she took a good look at herself in the mirror. She pouted at her puffy eyes, but thankfully the redness of her nose had went away; or else she'd be Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer for the day. She splashed her face with cold water, and slipped on a black skirt that stopped a little over her knees. She looked at her shirts carelessly, and threw on a white tank top. She put on a loose, cropped flower-patterned top over her head. She grabbed her bag, and stopped to see her eomma standing on the stairs. "Breakfast," she briefly said. Before Shinhye was able to shake her head, her eomma put her hand on her shoulder, and led her to the table that held all her favorite dishes. Shinhye's mouth dropped slightly, but her lips formed a smile. "Eomma," she started, but her eomma stopped her. "When you're in a bad mood, you want to eat your favorites. You're my daughter," She caressed her hair softly. "I know you. Now, eat up, I'll be leaving for work."

Shinhye sat down at the table, and ate all of it. Before she knew it, it was barely 6 A.M. She had always gone to school early, and never really had a nice breakfast. Thanks to her eomma, she did. She was grateful, and full.


~


She stood in front of the school's gate, and pursed her lips. She entered slowly, not wanting to bump into Yonghwa. She had all her morning classes with him, so the term: goodmorning, wasn't going to work for today. Her eyes trailed towards the billboard that read, "Morning classes, cancelled." The nine letter, bold, red word on the billboard made her jump for joy. She grinned, and turned around to see Yonghwa. Her smile faded. Her attention was on the boy who let her expirence her first heartache.

Yonghwa's eyes caught her, trying to apologize with his eyes. He looked at the billboard, curious to see what made her so happy. He frowned, and murmured under his breath. "Wae?"

"The God's are on your side today, Shinhye. But you can't avoid me forever."  he assured himself in his thought, catching her eyes again.

She quickly turned around, and headed towards the music room, isolating herself. She'd do whatever it took to avoid him. Afterall, it was his fault. All of it. If he hadn't tooken it to such extreme lengths, none of these troublesome things would've happened. She didn't want to see his face, because it made her heart hurt. That stabbing pain. It was the first time she felt it. She'd never really liked someone, but she came to realize that she started to develop feelings for the boy. She shook her head.

"Anni, Shinhye." She shook her head again, wanting the thought of liking Yonghwa to fall out of her head.