Chapter 9

Two Different People

Shinhye went through the afternoon classes with a breeze. She felt happy and fresh since she hadn't seen him all day. Except for the eye contact in the morning, but she felt fine. She walked out, and sat by the garden again. She caressed the rose's petals delicately in her hand.

"I haven't seen him all day," she said, feeling the soft texture of the flower. She smiled, and patted her puffy eyes. "No need to cry over him anymore, Shinhye!" she exclaimed, encouraging herself.

"Seen who?" the familiar voice came out of no where, which startled her.

Jonghyun had always been his best in imitating voices, and Yonghwa being able to imitating singing voices.

"N-No one," she stuttered, letting go of the flower. "Why does he have to be here?" she sighed softly, asking herself.

He laughed, and sat next to her. "Seen who?" he asked again, but this time in his soothing, warm voice.

"Ya!" she sat up, and looked at him. "Jonghyun-ah!" She pouted slightly, and laughed a little. "So it was you," she stated, letting herself ponder on his Yonghwa imitation. "You really sound like Yonghwa."

He nodded, and grinned. "I know," he said with confidence. He brushed her bangs out of her face, tucking them behind her ear. "Why don't you want to see him?"

She turned her body to him, and waved her hands. "Anni, it's not like that.. Ha ha.." She was terrible at lying.

"Ah, ne." He smiled, not wanting to put her into an uncomfortable position. "You seem sad," He put his arm around her, and made her stand up with him. "Let's go have fun!" 

~

Yonghwa sat in the library, trying to study. His head had hurt so much because he kept recalling how hurt she was. "You shouldn't have taken it that far, you babo." he sighed, trying to push his thoughts away.

He flipped the pages of the math book, looking at all the numbers. He closed the book loudly, feeling irritated. The people in the library looked at him with disgust, since it was suppose to be quiet. He bowed, and walked out.

"How am I going to make it up to her?" he asked himself, trying to build up a plan. 

~

Jonghyun and Shinhye were strolling down the sidewalk, eating ice cream. They both laughed at each other's jokes. Their faces began to hurt, because they had laughed and smiled so much.

"Ya!" she exclaimed, and playfully pushed him. "I don't like being complimented," she smiled, and hit his arm softly.

He grinned, and stepped next to her again. "But with that beautiful face, and breath-taking personality.. You're bound to get hit on,"

"Ya!" she yelled, again, pushing him away. She walked faster, trying to get away from him.

He laughed, and sat on a nearby bench.



She peered over her shoulder, and pouted. She sat next to him, and ate her ice cream silently.

"Is it good?" he asked, in a soft voice. The aura became warm, not so lively anymore.

"Ne.." she smiled, admiring how caring he was. "You're a great friend, Jonghyun-ah."

His eyes dropped down to the floor, he felt uneasy. He picked himself up, and sat tall. "I know," he smiled, and patted her back softly. "You'll see me as a man one day, not just a 'friend'. It just takes more time.." he thought, assuring himself.

~

Shinhye returned to school, because she had left something. Her easy-going day made her smile. She walked into the school, scanning the halls. She peeked her head into her math classroom, and called out for her teacher. "Annyeonghaseyo, seonsangnim?" She didn't hear a response, so she stepped inside.

Yonghwa turned to the angelic voice, and saw Shinhye. He quickly stood up, and bowed. "S-Shinhye."

She felt like she had walked into a trap. She turned around, and stepped out of the classroom, feeling her heart hurt.

He quickly ran up to her, and took her wrist. "Shinhye.. Please," he bit his lip, feeling uneasy. "hear me out?"

She spun around, gathering up her courage. "What do you possibly have to say to me? Didn't you already express it in actions with that queenka?" she asked, with anger in her voice. He lacked a response. She rolled her eyes, "You don't know how much," she stopped mid-sentence, biting her lip. "how much it hurt me.." her voice started to crack, but she cleared . "I don't know why the hell why it's hurting this much," she muttered under her breath. "Wait.."  she paused, and felt the pain in her chest. "I know why." She looked him in the eyes, and he stared at her sadly. "We kissed! For crying out loud, why would you kiss another girl? Anni, I mean, you can kiss another.. Since we're not really together.." she sighed. "But why would you intentionally kiss her in front of me?"

He was shocked, he had never had a girl stand up to him like this after cheating on them. This girl.. This girl is different. He looked down. For the first time, he really felt bad. All he did was try to make her jealous. If he had stopped when he had his arms around the queenka, it would still be fine. She'd be jealous, and he'd comfort her. But, noo.. He went to extreme lengths to prove her jealousy. He shouldn't have. "M-Mianhe," he managed to choke out the words. His heart was aching, because he saw the tears forming in her eyes. He watched her swallow, just to keep the tears from pouring down. "Mianhe." he repeated, puling her into a hug. "I know what I did was wrong," he rubbed her back, hugging her tightly. "I shouldn't have done it, I know. I just wanted.. I wanted to see you jealous."

Her body tensed when he pulled her in for a hug. She liked it, but fought back. Her pride wouldn't let it just be 'okay' with just a little sorry. She pulled back, brushing her arms off. "Why'd you want to see me jealous?" Anger, hurt, and confusion were written on her forehead.

"Jonghyun." he sighed. "I saw you guys having fun, and he was holding you while you two were out having coffee." he hugged her again, closing his eyes. "My emotions took over me, I was.. I was.." He shook his head, not wanting to say it.

She felt his passion, and his true feelings. She responded to his hug, wrapping her arms around him. "You were jealous, and I was jealous," she stated for him, closing her eyes shut. "Just please.. please don't do anything like that again." she pleaded, hugging him tightly.

He nodded quickly, "Of course I won't. I promise, Shinhye." He pulled back from their hug, but he still had his arms around her. "Mianhe. Jeongmal mianhe." he whispered in her ear, holding her.

She nodded, and held him close to her. She felt safe, and satisfied. "Mianhe," she sighed. "about Jonghyun. I shouldn't have been so oblivious."

"Anni," he tucked her bangs behind her ear. "Don't worry about that, it's in the past." He smiled, and picked up his math book. "Let's go walk around?" he offered.

"Kaja!" she smiled, and held his hand.

~

They walked along the pathway of the hiking trail, talking, and letting feelings out.

"It's been a week," she stated, holding his hand tightly. "One more week, and we break up, right?"

He looked down, then back at her. "Do we have to break up?" he asked weakly, scratching the back of his neck with his other hand.

"Anni," she said, her face turning red with embaressment. "Ya! You wanted me to get embaressed, right? You've been planning this!" She took her hand away, and caressed her warm cheeks.

He grinned at her. "Shinhye-ya, you're cute." he said with confidence, but a slight blush danced on his cheeks.

"Ya!"

~

They continued to walk. They shared secrets, and got closer to one another. But do they have to break up after a week, and become two different people again? Or will they become a real couple?

~
annyeong, again. :) will you please read my short story, http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/137291/saving-her-was-my-priority-ftisland-hongki-leehongki-musicvideo ? It's about one of FTisland's music video. Guess the music video? Haha. Please, and thank you! ^^