☆  CHAPTER FIVE

 I'M A STAR ☆  EPISODE FIVE NOW AIRING!
Please log in to read the full chapter

chapter five

‹ episode five — just a shooting star ›

With just days before the next set of performances and the inevitable elimination looming, all three teams put everything they had into the upcoming set of performances.

The monster team sat on the practice room floor, taking a short break before continuing their training for the upcoming vocal performance.

Next to the practice room's sound system, Hyeya sat listening to the song they had created as a rearrangement of the Big Bang song, "Monster."

"Sounds like you girls have been busy," Eunji, the vocal mentor, said as she entered the practice room unannounced. "Let me hear what you've got."

The girls jumped and looked in shock, some of them even looking starstruck for the most part. Quickly, the girls got up on their feet and ran through the song, doing exactly as they planned to do on stage.

Eunji watched all six girls with hawk-like eyes, looking for any flaws in the performance. The song ended and the girls looked at Eunji with soft, yet expectant eyes.

"Not bad at all, I really enjoy the direction you went with this song. However," Eunji paused, creating even more tension among the girls. "I need you girls to look more confident! Some of you looked terrified to sing just now. Don't worry about what whether the performance will go well or not, just focus on performing and having fun!"

The girls relaxed, looking at ease with what Eunji had to say. The shot switched to a solo shot of Kana, who appeared touched by Eunji's advice. "It was really helpful, mostly because I'm nervous of what could come out of this next round. All of us are on the line."

Switching back to the practice room, Eunji waved goodbye to the six contestants as she parted from the room. The six girls began performing again, trying their best to perfect their performance.

Soon enough, the day of the performance had arrived. Holding her MC cards, Sohye walked on stage and was greeted once again with the deafening cheers of the audience.

"Welcome to I'm A Star," Sohye greeted, smiling brightly. "Tonight is our third mission and our third elimination, what teams will receive exemption from the elimination?"

Sohye smirked at the silence, "Without further adieu, will the vocal team please come on stage?"

The members of the vocal team walked on stage, all of them looking incredibly nervous as they moved across the stage towards Sohye. "Who's the leader of this vocal team?"

Raising her hand, "I am!" Elsa smiled proudly, happy to be in the leader position once again. The audience cheered loudly upon seeing Elsa's smile.

"What was the most challenging part of this performance, in your opinion?" Sohye asked, handing a microphone down to Elsa.

"Personally, nothing was challenging. I believe we will do just fine!" Elsa smiled, cocky about the performance they prepared for the mission.

Sohye nodded her head, not questioning Elsa's confidence. "Well, then let's see what you've prepared for us!"

With that, Sohye exited the stage and the vocalists got into their positions as they music began to play for them.

(Monster Team: Kana — Kim Minkyung/Spiked Necklace, Belle — Lee Suhyun/Long Silver Earrings, Hyeya — Lee Soomin/Chain necklace, Seolhee — Kang Kyungwon/Short Hair, Elsa — Lee Jinhee/Turtleneck, & Em — Heo Chanmi/Leather jacket)

The performance came to an end and the girls got out of their ending poses and stood before the mentors, awaiting an evaluation.

Smiling, Eunji was the first to speak, "That was really amazing ladies! Though I will be the first to admit, some of you outshined the others. But, overall you all did amazing!"

"I'm afraid I can't agree," Bada frowned, looking disappointed for the most part. "Only three of you in my opinion were actually good; those three were Belle, Em, and Hyeya."

The six girls on stage looked shocked at the harsh tone, worried why Bada thought Kana, Elsa, and Seolhee did poorly.

Continuing, "Kana, you constantly out of breath. Elsa, you just seemed a bit uncomfortable at times, which isn't like you, and Seolhee was just forgettable honestly..." Bada frowned at the girls.

Kana took a deep breath, looking hurt from the criticism which prompted Belle to hold her hand as a sign of reassurance.

"Well, we will just have to disagree then." Eunji side-eyed Bada. "I think you all did amazing, don't let out commentary make any of you feel down."

Sohye smiled as she got back on stage, "Alright and with that, let the voting begin! You have sixty seconds!!"

The audience members eagerly submitted their votes as Sohye counted down. "And voting is done! Vocal team, you may exit the stage."

The six vocalists shuffled off stage as Sohye prepared to call out the next group to perform.

Once again, time rewinded and revealed the dance team in their practice room just days before their actual performance.

Jihyun counted the girls through the choreography when suddenly, Chungha entered the room.

"I see you are all busy practicing!" She chuckled as Jihyun quickly went and turned off the music, the other girls trying their best not to fangirl over the mentor.

The six dancers greeted Chungha with a bow, looking eagerly at her. "Alright, let me see what you made for this song!"

The girls got into their positions and went through the performance as Chungha watched them closely. They finished their performance and they looked towards their dance mentor.

"That was awesome, though I do have advice," Chungha smiled. "Be confident!"

The girls smiled back at Chungha, happy that none of them had been told they were "terrible" or anything like that. "I'll be leaving now, good luck ladies!"

With that, Chungha exited the practice room, leaving the six dancers to continue their practice.

Time fast forwarded until an unexpected issue arised: An injury amongst one of the dance team members. "Are you okay?!"

Sun clutched her ankle, obviously in pain as she looked up at a concerned Jihyun. "I think I sprained it..."

Helping the younger girl up, Jihyun helped staff put Sun in a van in order for her to be evaluated by a doctor.

A few hours later, Sun returned with a bandage around her ankle and crutches. "Oh god, tell it's just a light sprain..." Gyuri blurted out, worried for the safety of her team.

"It's a pretty bad sprain, but the doctor said if I rest for the rest of the day and tomorrow, that I should be able to participate in the performance." Sun sighed, feeling angry with herself for getting injured so close to the next elimination.

Jihyun's eyes looked worried. "B

Please log in to read the full chapter