-Outside-

The glass room doll

Hoseok waltz down the stairs. Each tapping sound his shoes made means the closer he was towards the little snow white that’s waiting ahead. Just the thought of seeing him again brought smile to his face. When he finally reached the bottom, Yoongi was there sitting alone on his bed while silently reading one of the books that he kept on the bookshelf. He was wearing a clean set of white clothes. So it was true that his stepfather did bring a change of clothes for him. The frills around the cuff and collar of the clothes made him look even prettier. Noticing Hoseok was in front of the glass door, he put away his book and tip toe to him. They greeted each other with a friendly hello.

“Your name, Hoseok was it?” he asked with his soothing husky voice.

“Yes! You remember!” Hoseok answered excitedly.

“Well, you did mention it yesterday when we met,” Yoongi stated with a slight chuckle over Hoseok’s reaction towards his question. Hoseok laughed it off nervously as he knew he over-reacted just from Yoongi remembering his name but he couldn’t help it, knowing the other was aware of his existence made him happy.

“So you’re my new little brother from now on?” he forwarded the question to Hoseok again.

“Yes, but how did you know?”

“Dad did mention you to me. He said you’re a cute and bright child. I guess it’s true,” he smiled after finishing his sentence. His smile that brought comfort to Hoseok. How he wished he could witness that smile more often from now on.  

“Ah, I want to give my new little brother a hug but I guess I won’t be able to do it,” Yoongi sighed in disappointment as he lightly pulled the leash that was attached to him. He was two steps away from the locked door. Seeing how disappointed the boy in front of him, Hoseok crawled his little hand in between the wide gap of the glass door and the floor. Yoongi reached out to his hands and both of them locked their hands together.

“Isn’t holding hands better than hugging?” Hoseok threw a cheeky smile at Yoongi. Amazed by his actions, Yoongi laughed. He couldn’t move his gaze from the boy in front of him again. Seeing him made Hoseok’s heart beat a little bit faster. Yoogi then noticed Hoseok’s constant stare at him.

“I guess you’re curious about why I’m locked down here aren’t you?” Hoseok nodded.

Yoongi then freed his hands and both of them sat in the position where it’ll be comfortable for them. He revealed that he was originally from an orphanage and was adopted two years ago. At first he had a normal life in the house, but he would contastly got called with the wrong name. Eventually, he knew the truth behind his adoption when his stepfather parents started to threaten him when they saw him. Apparently his stepfather fell in love a few years ago with an average normal girl but due to their social status, their relationship was denied by both of their family members. After the constant harsh treatment and threats she got, the overwhelming stress took over her and she end up committing suicide. Coincidentally, when he was grieving for her, he saw Yoongi who happen to went by the church after running errands for the orphanage. His face resembled her entirely. So when his parents saw Yoongi, they immediately threaten to throw him away. His stepfather didn’t have any other choice and so he asked for this underground glass room to be build and hid Yoongi here. Not even the servants knew Yoongi was hidden here.

“The leash?” Hoseok asked carefully to make sure the question didn’t trigger anything unnecessary.

“Ah this, I try to run away once so he end up putting this on me. Any normal human being surely won't enjoy getting lock up here.”

After a few moments of silent, tears suddenly started to roll down from Hoseok bright little eyes. Imagining how lonely Yoongi must have felt being locked up all these time, how long has it been since he get to feel the fresh air outside, how long has it been since he get to run freely on the wide field. He then suddenly ran back outside. A few minutes passed before Yoongi heard his little footsteps approaching him. He came back with a few flowers on his hands.

“From now on, I will bring every piece of outside to you! Everything that I’ve experience outside, I will bring a piece of it back here so you won’t ever feel left out from the outside world!” Hoseok said. He was fully determined let Yoongi see a piece of the current outside world. The flowers then were slid past through the door gap to Yoongi. He picked the flower delicately, not wanting to ruin it.

“Thank you,” he sniffed on the flower with the brightest smile. Hence, Hoseok wanted to protect the smile of the boy in front of him and make sure one day he will free him from the glass room.