Shattered

Forever

[Momo's POV]

“Wh-at?” I mumble after hearing a crash come from downstairs. I grab my cane and make my way to the stairwell and begin to go down. The crashing and clattering continues and I try to hasten my steps, but stop when Mark runs in through the door and holds a finger to his lips. He runs up the steps, skipping every other one.

“Shhh,” he says as he begins to guide me. I’m about to give in, but then I hear shouting come from downstairs.

“Mi-na?”

“She’ll be okay. But she told me to keep you up here.”

“Why?”

“Just doing as my boss asks.” He shoves me into the bedroom and shuts the door quietly.

 

-

 

[Mina's POV]

“WHERE'S MOMO?!” the man shouts at me as he throws another vase onto the floor.

“For the hundredth time. I. Don’t. Know.” I say as I sit down near my pottery wheel.

“The hell you don’t. You were her lover. I highly doubt you don’t know where she is.”

“I haven’t seen her for years,” I try to say as confidently as possible.

Another man comes into the shop, this time holding a bat. “Hello, miss,” he greets as he smashes more of my pottery.

I hold my tongue. They can destroy my shop, as long as it means I can keep Momo safe.

They continue to smash their way through my shop until there’s nothing left unsmashed. I raise from my seat and cross my arms. “You done here?”

“Sir, there’s a closet here,” one says as he tries to turn the locked knob.

“Unlock this,” the taller one commands.

“I don’t have the key for it. When I bought the place they didn’t give me the key.”

The man looks me over and sighs. “You know what.” The man turns and whispers something to his companion. They both snicker and grin at me.

[Momo's POV]

“Where… is she?” I shout as I grasp Mark's collar. If he hadn’t trapped me upstairs by leaning a chair against the bedroom door I would have been able to stop this. I would have been able to either turn myself in or beat the out of the people here.

“I-I don’t know. I just did as Mina told me!”

I let go of him and he slides to the floor.

I limp into the gym and I’m met with the awful smell of sweat and metal.

“Momo?” comes a confused and hesitant voice.

I lift my hood from my head and nod at Taecyeon. “Have.. you seen… H-Hyun-na?” It’s the first thing I’ve said to him since my disappearance and he looks pained.

“No. She’s been off the radar for quite some time.”

“H-hyun-seung?”

“If you go the usual place, he should be there. What’s wrong, Momo?”

I swallow the lump in my throat. “They… took M-Mina.”

“WHAT!?” shouts Wooyoungas he runs towards me. “They took Mina?! Why?”

“I-I lost… a lot... “ I groan as I lose the word that I want to say. I close my eyes and count to five, something Mina had advised me to do to try and clear my mind. “Money,” I finally say.

“Okay let me help you.”

“No, Wooyoung.” I look him straight in the eye and he sees my sincerity. “I, can’t let…. You get in-involved.”

 

 

////

 

 

[Mina's POV]

I look away as the man lifts my chin.

“Look at me,” he commands. His breath smells of whiskey and I continue to stare at the wall.

A flash of pain sears through my cheek as he slaps me. He grasps my chin tightly again and lifts my head.

“Look at me,” he growls.

I glare at him and clench my jaw tight.

“Why are you protecting her? Is she really worth all this pain, all this suffering?”

He snaps his fingers and I feel the restraints around my wrists and ankles tighten. My eyes widen as he pulls a knife from his pocket and touches my cheek with it.

“Just tell me where she is and I’ll let you free. I mean come on deary. She stole my money and I can’t let people do that and get away with it.”

“I don’t know,” I hiss at him.

“It pains me to ruin this pretty face of yours.”

My cheek burns as the blade glides its way down. I feel the warmth of my own blood trickle down.

“Again, where is she?”

I close my eyes and take in a deep breath. “I don’t know.”

His fist meets my other cheek and my head spins. It lolls up and down for a bit as I try to regain my composure. Unlike Momo I can’t take a punch like that. The bitter taste of iron fills my mouth and then the world goes black.


A/N: D: