Closer

What If [Oh Sehun ft. Hwang Minhyun]

I am listening to a day6 soft playlist and I feel extremely soft, I swear Day6 is life <3

That said let's go for this new chap!

------------------

 

"I wanted to know if he was available, because I like him" Sooyung says

I stare at my new friend in disbelief. 

Already in love? It's been a week!

"Haha I know I barely know him, but it feels like love at first sight" She chuckles and scratches her nap in embarrassment.

It takes me a second to realize what she just said.

And for some reason I feel my heart tighten, I shrug it off and put on a smile for Sooyoung.

"That's amazing" I say, but I sound fake.

"Really?" Sooyoung exclaims, totally oblivious to my apparent discomfort. "So you don't like him?" She asks again to be sure.

I hesitate a seconde.

Just a second.

Why can't I answer straight away?

"Of course, I have known him since were kids, I see him as a brother" 

"I'm so reassured, so do you think I have a chance?" She asks eagerly.

"S-Sure, but I would wait a bit, it's so sudden, you should wait until you both know each other better" I quickly say.

"You're right" She nods pensively "I need to make him notice me, to fall for me" 

I bite my lip, the image of Sooyoung and Sehun together seems perfect, then why does it feel so wrong.

"Thanks for the advice Yoora!" She looks at me ands gives me a bright angelic smile "I have to go now, I have a meeting with our teacher, but see you later" She says and she hurries off.

I look at her and I don't move.

What just happened?

"Yoora, what are you doing stuck here?" A voice questions from behind me.

I turn around and look at Sehun who questionned me, Minhyun is following close behind.

"You look as if you just saw a ghost" Minhyun chuckles.

"It's nothing" I say calmly and I finally start walking again.

Why do I feel so strange? 

 

- A few days later -

 

With Sehun we have been working like crazy to do this choreography for our project, we had to come up with a music, which was more complicated than we thought, but eventually after many many many failed attempt, we succeeded! 

And now the time as come to start the choreography. Which is something I have been nervously anticipating.

Sooyoung words still are clear in my mind and I am still questioning my weird reaction.

"Well time to make this choreo!" Sehun exclaims as he enters the dance practice room.

I look up at him, suddenly my mouth feels dry.

"Sure" I say and I get up, dusting the none existing dirt from my pants.

"So I have been thinking of some ideas and I was thinking we could do a High School crush concept" Sehun says.

"I think we need to be more powerful than that, we should go for fatal attraction" I offer, somehow flustered to say it like that.

"Fatal attraction? Sounds good, I think we could express it well." Sehun says and I can hear the teasing in his voice.

"And why's that?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Because everyone is bound to be fatally attracted to the handsome Me" Sehun says like it was obvious.

I gasp "Your ego is the worst" I exclaim.

"You didn't deny it" he continues.

"Oh shut up" I turn around and lean down to pick my water bottle.

When I turn around, Sehun is right here, in, my personal space, way to close.

"W-What are you doing?" I ask, my face heating up.

"We could start like this the choreography" He says seriously as if this situation is perfectly normal. "You would be casually doing something and I would approach you and you would step back, as if you're running away from me and we would make the choreography around this fatal attraction, like two magnets that can't really escape each other."

I gulp as he has not stepped back one bit, if not he's even closer to me.

Feeling that flustered because of my best friend is perfectly normal right? Everyone would react the same way?

I finally come back to reality and slide back from a few feet.

"Like this?" I ask, finally able to breath properly.

He seems surprised because of the break of our closeness before he regain his composure "Yes exactly like this"

And for the next two hours we work like this, creating the choreography, I try to suppress my flustered self whenever the choreography includes skinship.

But at the end of the two hours, we have worked well and we have a rough performance that we just have to adjust and perfect and we'll be prepared for this stupid school festival.

"One last time and then let's call it a day" Sehun offers, as tired as me.

"Okay" I agree and we turn on the music once more.

We start dancing once more, getting closer more and more until we arrive to the last part of the song were we reach for each other and I end up in Sehun's arm after a few spins.

The music stops and we're both breathless.

We look into each other's eyes, too overwhelmed to say anything. 

I can hear his heart beat fast, due to the physical effort and thankfully my face is red but it can be linked to the intense dance.

But somehow we can't seem to look away from each other.

I'm hypnotized by his eyes.

But before anything else happens, the door suddenly opens.

"Sehun? Yoora?" Sooyoung calls and comes in.

I widen my eyes and I quickly step back from Sehun, putting a reasonable distance between us.

"Ah you're here!" Our friend exclaims as she walks in with a bottle of water in the hand. "I was looking for you, I heard you were practicing for the dance"

I pray that she did not see the scene that just happened.

I mean nothing happened but I don't want her to misunderstand.

She acts as if it was all normal and I sigh in relief.

I hear Sehun sighing annoyed next to me and when I look at him he just seems really bored with the situation.

I don't understand why he won't make the slightest effort for the new girl.

"Thanks for checking on us Sooyoung, we just finished" I smile gently.

"I'm right on time I see" She chuckles, her smile is so bright and perfect.

I'm suddenly aware of my terrible appearance when she looks like a fresh flower.

"I thought you might be thirsty" She says and her eyes soon drift to Sehun.

Of course she's here to start her plan.

For the past week Sooyoung as tried really hard to get closer to Sehun but he keeps on pushing her off carelessly.

I really don't get why, she's perfect, pretty and nice and funny.

I glare at Sehun, sending him the wordless message to take the bottle Sooyoung is holding.

He looks back but acts as if he doesn't understand.

I suddenly feel like I need to do something, because my best friend is being so stubborn.

I take the water bottle "Thank you so much Sooyoung. Anyway I'll be going! I have a lot of work and you two are going the same way to go home" I say quickly and I don't give them the time to protest before I leave.

I said my last sentence so quickly, and I feel like I just said something really stupid.

I walk fast out until I arrive to my locker, I drop some of my stuff in there before heading back home.

But I don't have the time to even close properly my locker until Sehun arrives, a bit breathless.

"You-You're so stupid" He says and he holds his knees for a second, trying to catch his breath.

"Thanks, compliment appreciated" I say sarcastically.

"I- I mean you're an idiot because we live next to each other, what kind of excuse is that: you are going the same way, it's bull Yoora and you know it"

I close my eyes in despair against myself and suddenly I feel very stupid. Sehun was right, we're neighbors. I could not make a worse excuse.

"Ah..... Indeed" I just say, too embarrassed to find an other lame excuse.

"That's all you've got?" He chuckles.

"I will admit that was not my finest move" I say and shrug as if it was normal.

He shakes his head in disbelief "My best friend is an idiot" 

I laugh a little because he's damn right.

"Why did you try and escape though?" He still asks.

"I saw how you're avoiding her and I don't understand, you should try and be friends too, Minhyun and I get very well along with her" I explain even if it is obviously not the whole truth.

"I just don't want to know her that's all" Sehun points out.

He seems perfectly fine with this explanation and somehow I don't want to fight against it.

I'll try harder tomorrow.

"Fine... for today" I smile.

"Now will you let me go home with you. Since we are going the same way?" He questions with a raised eyebrow.

I chuckle "Yes mister Oh you can, I understood that I was not clever enough to ditch you successfully" I tease.

"You little-" He exclaims and pretends he'll hit me. 

"Let's go home" He finally says with a smile and we both start walking out of School.

 

-----------------

What did you think of this chapter? Any remarks? ^^