Dancing with The Wonder Girls

Be My Baby

[SEB’S POV]

It’s the last day of pre-production and I’m on my way for my last stop in checking the locations of the movie. I’m currently with Fred, the 2nd AD, and we’re going to Jack’s Diner where the diner and the last scene of the movie will be shot.

 

I’m considered as the youngest member of the crew yet I have one the highest “below the line” roles. It feels very awkward especially I’ll be able to order people who are way older and experienced than me.

 

“Seb, we need to go to the dance studio after we’ll check the diner.” Fred suddenly mutters. I look at him and process what he just said. “The studio? Ah, yeah, good thing you reminded me.” Then I continued scribbling notes on the call sheet for tomorrow’s shooting day. “I’ve been driving around LA the entire afternoon. I think it’ll be dark soon.” He said.

 

I look at the sky and check the time in my phone. It’s already 5:24pm and the time reminded me about supper. “Fred, let’s eat first before going at the studio.” I told him, he just nodded. A couple of minutes later we arrive at Jack’s Diner. As I came out from the car, I noticed to Asian girls walk by the car. They reminded me of someone. I pull out my cell phone and text Jane Kim.

 

TO: Jane Kim JYPE

MESSAGE:

Jane, we are coming in the studio.

We’re currently at Jack’s Diner.

Did the girls have supper?

 

We talk to the manager of the place and he confirms the contract about filming the place for the movie. After that brief discussion, Fred and I order dinner. I check my cell phone before start eating. There’s a message from Jane:

 

FROM: Jane Kim JYPE

TIME: Sep. 26, 2011 5:48:09 PM

MESSAGE:

They are still practicing.

Can I ask you a favour?

Can you pick up the food we ordered

in a Japanese restaurant near Jack’s Diner?

There’s no other Japanese restaurant there.

 

I replied her “OK” and continued eating. “Fred, we need to finish quick. We’re picking up dinner for the girls after this.” I uttered. He nodded and answered me, “Sure thing, which restaurant?” I show him Jane’s text. “I know where it is. It’s just one block away from here.” He muttered.

 

We drive to the Japanese restaurant and pick up the food they ordered. “Hey Seb, can I ask you something?” Fred asks me of all the sudden. I didn’t notice that we were driving all the way to the studio without saying a single word. “What is it?” I answered. “How did you get this job? I mean, I heard that you were recommended to one of your professors in NYFA and Nick, JYP, and Ethan praised you during your interview with them. Did you buy your way in, or something?” He asked the question which irritates me more than ever.

 

I look him straight and didn’t answer him at first. I turn my attention back to the road. “If I ever did buy my way in this project, I should’ve picked the director’s slot instead of running errands for Ethan. They praised me in our meeting because I have something to brag.” I answered his stupid question sharply with my worst intentions to hurt his pride.

 

Fred was silent all the way to the dance studio ‘till we reach there. “Look kid, I didn’t mean to insult you from my question. I know you have something which I know that can outdo what Ethan is doing right now. That question earlier was meant to be a compliment.” Fred sincerely apologized. “I’m also sorry for answering you that way. Although I’m your senior but I still should consider our age difference.” I answered him teasingly. We laugh and forget that conversation earlier. “C’mon kid, they might be hungry by now. We should get going.”

 

I should’ve expected that they ordered for almost twenty people because I can’t carry all this food all the way to the third floor, good thing Fred is with me. Where’s the elevator when you need one? We finally arrive at the third floor. I saw Jane talking to one of JYP’s staff, which I don’t know the name and they help us in carrying the dinner. “Thank you so much for the favour, Seb.” Jane delightedly thanked me.

 

I put the rest of the food at the table in the end of the corridor and Fred followed me. I pant heavily and sit down to catch some breath. I was not tired from carrying all of those weights but it is stairs is the one which almost killed me coming up here. Jane gives each of us a glass of water. “Sorry for the hassle. If I knew it would give you trouble, I should’ve not asked you.” If I knew it would give us trouble, I shouldn’t have said yes!

 

“No worries Jane, it’s a pleasure to accept your favour.” Fred answered in behalf of me. I can hear dance music from inside and the stomping on the floor. “Aren’t they finished practicing yet?” I curiously ask. Jane gives me an intriguing stare. “Not yet but they’ll be finish any moment now. They’ve been practicing all day and I can see that they’re getting tired.” She answered me full of concern for the girls.

 

The door abruptly opened and I can see the members of the School Gyrls are coming out. “Girls! Did anyone order chicken teriyaki and some California maki?” Fred greeted them with food. “Hi Fred! Hi Seb!” Monica greeted Fred and me as she walks towards us. I felt lazy and just nodded her in return. Then suddenly people are starting to swarm around the table, so I move away from there and walk inside the dance studio.

 

[LIM’S POV]

At last dinner break but we can’t still have it yet because JYP is still giving us instructions. I couldn’t focus well on everything he is saying because my tummy is rumbling and I am tired already. “Understand?” JYP almost shouted when he said it. We all nodded and obviously tired from the whole afternoon’s practice. Then JYP let us go and said to go eat before we’ll collapse. JYP looks cute when he tells jokes.

 

I turn around lazily and walk towards the door then it slowly opens. Someone very familiar comes in. I blink my eyes a couple of times from shock. “Good evening Seb!” Sunye unnie greeted him with excitement although we’re tired and everything. “Good evening everyone. Your dinner is already outside. I think you should grab one fast before you'll run out of food.” He answered.

 

“Holly Molly! Let’s go, I can’t continue any further with an empty stomach.” Yeeun unnie grabs Yubin unnie and Sunye unnie’s arms and dashes outside. Sohee follows them without even calling me. “Seb, nice to drop by.” JYP greeted him and went outside. Great! I’m left here with this snub guy.

 

“You should probably eat now. I don’t want our talents to lose all those fat.” Out of nowhere he just insulted me. “Fat? You’re saying that I’m fat?” I asked him irritated. He giggled like a little boy enjoying from the insult he just said. “Fat, I mean from the food you guys ordered. You need fat to regain energy. I know you can’t eat too much carbs because you’ll get, literally, fat.” He explained it carefully.

 

From insulted to embarrassed, way to go LIM! “Oh, I thought you’re already making fun of me.” I shyly uttered. He smiles at me, like the one which he did from the first time we meet, and replies. “Don’t worry, I’ll let you know if I am.” We chat for a little while. “I think you should probably eat. I heard you’ll be here until eleven?” Seb suggested.

 

“You’re right, I seemed to forget that I was hungry.” I giggled a bit and he laughed a bit also. “The way you laugh is contagious. You have a funny laugh.” We continued at each other’s jokes but we stopped when Sunye unnie called me to eat. “Nice chatting with you. I’m gonna eat now.” I walk out the room and leave him there.

 

Seb followed me going outside the studio. “I’ll go now. See you tomorrow!” He says his good byes to everyone and leave. I wave him bye and he smiles back at me. Why does he always give me that heart melting smile of his? I jolly grab my share of the dinner and eat without saying anything. I look at Jane thinking to engage a conversation with her while eating but she’s staring at me with a big question mark on her face. Then I notice that Sunye, Yubin, Yeeun and Sohee are looking at me the same way. “What? What did I do?” I ask them nervously.

 

Yeeun unnie put down her chopsticks and then touches my forehead with her palm. “You probably sick Lim and I think we all know what your illness is.” Yeeun unnie told me seriously with full of concern. She looks at Yubin unnie and Sohee, and then they started singing San-e oppa’s song Love Sick and they are singing it loudly.

 

“Stop it unnie~ah! I’m not love sick. I’m totally fine.” Trying to defend myself but they won’t stop teasing me. “Why are you doing this to me?” I cried helplessly. Sunye unnie hushes the three of them before I might cry. “Okay we will stop but what’s with the entire cute waving good bye thing?” Yubin unnie asks me just to tease me. Being the maknae can sometimes be hell. “I was just saying good bye to Seb.”

 

They all gather up close to me and still giving me that wicked stare. “Answer me honestly Woo Hyelim.” Sunye unnie is on her strict-Leader-Min mode which makes me tremble from my chair. “Do you have a crush on the 1st AD?” Everyone is silent waiting for me to answer Leader Min’s question. “Mwo? A crush on that guy? He’s snub, awkward and mean! How would I possibly have a crush on him?” That was not the answer to the question. “Why are you being defensive Hyelim~ah?” Sohee interrogates me. Everyone agrees to Sohee.

 

I smile at them hoping that they might stop asking me things about Seb and everything that goes with him. “Fine, we will stop teasing you...” Yubin unnie uttered. Yes, it worked! “...for now.” She then added. I pouted my lips for disappointment.

 

[Five Hours Later]

 

And at last, the dance practice is finish but I’m still having trouble with the dance. I’ll practice more tomorrow but for now, I really need a rest. We all said good bye to everyone in the dance studio and thanked the choreographers. We all need to get ready for the big day tomorrow.

 

It’ll be the first day of shooting and we all worked hard in mastering our lines on the script and practicing the dance moves. We are currently outside the building and waiting for Jane upstairs. I rest my back on the car while waiting for her and then my phone rings. I just received a text message.

 

FROM: Sebastian AD

TIME: Sep. 26, 2011 11:18:34PM

MESSAGE:

Finished practicing?

You look tired.

 

This guy is creepy. I replied to him. “Yup, we just finished. Are you a stalker or something?” I hide my smile or they might notice me and start teasing me again.

 

What if I am? Would you sue me? Don’t hide your smile, by the way.” he replied back.

I might sue you. Hehehe. Where are you by the way? You’re starting to creep me out.”

I’m a stalker. Why on earth am I telling you? Hahaha.” He’s creepy but he has a good sense of humour.

 

Seb and I continued texting for a couple of minutes until Jane arrives. “Well, we better bet get going now.” I texted him. “Okay, I should go home also. See you tomorrow then? Bye (=.” Seb replied. “We’ll definitely will. Good night Seb XD” I waited for a couple of minutes for his answer but he didn’t text back.

 

I am little disappointed but I felt somewhat happy from our simple text conversation. As we arrive at the apartment where we are staying here in LA, I immediately change my clothes, wash my face and brush my teeth, then go directly to bed. I close my eyes when I become comfortable.

 

I recall everything what happened this day. The last acting lesson earlier this morning, the dance practice that lasted for almost 10 hours, the fun chit chat with Seb when we had a break this evening, how Seb smiled at me when he’s about to leave, the cute text conversation we had.

 

I abruptly open my eyes. Wait, why am I thinking all those things? Why is he messing my head the entire evening? I slightly slap my face just to make sure that I’m not yet sleeping. Maybe they were right, maybe I’m already crushing on him? Oh my god! What should I do?