Nothin' On You

Be My Baby

 

[SEB’S POV]

 

From: Tyler McDean

Time: July 25, 2011 3:38:09 PM

Message:

Wer are u?

U might miss everything!

Hurry up!

 

I just received a text message from annoying Tyler. What does he think about me, The Flash? Tyler invited me to his first project with his cousin. Who would think, that that idiot (he’s the idiot and I’m the moron) will get into Billboard.com. He said that I should meet his “cool” cousin and whatever he said on the phone yesterday.

 

Thank God! I finally found the studio. I’ve been circling this building because I couldn’t find it. As I entered inside I bump into a guy with a cool hairstyle. It’s JYP! “Seb? What are you doing here?” He asked me when he realize that it’s me. “Oh hi, JYP! I’m here to visit my friend. He said that he’s is the studio in the fourth floor. I guess I might be wrong.” I answered. “No, you’re not wrong. There’s no other studio in this floor. Sorry, I couldn’t stick around and chat. I need to attend a meeting, gotta go. See ‘ya!” He seems to be in a hurry.

 

I continued walking inside the studio and trying to find this idiot. I see Tyler taking photos at the other side of the studio. I walk over to him, close enough not to distract him. I couldn’t see what he’s taking pictures with because they are inside the room. “Hey! Who are you?” A guy behind me asked me, and he looks mad. “Sorry to bother you but I’m here for Tyler.” I replied while pointing to the idiot. He then suddenly changes his expression. “Tyler? Oh, you must be Seb. I’m Matt, his cousin.” Matt greeted me.

 

The “cool” cousin, GREAT! “Yeah, I’m Seb, nice to meet you Matt.” We shake hands. “I’ve heard a lot about you from Tyler.” He mumbled. “Okay! I think that’s it. We’ll start to shot in five.” Tyler suddenly muttered. Five, pretty, girls come out from the room and walk towards us. “Just take a break for awhile girls and we’ll call you if everything is set.” Matt told the girls. They all bowed and says, “Kamsahamnida!” altogether. Shot! I know these girls!

 

[LIM’S POV]

 

“Kamsahamnida!” We all thank the director, Mathew, in chorus and he’s with a guy. He was not here earlier. I don’t why but the guy looks surprise when he saw us, or something like that. I sit on a chair in the corner and pull out my phone. I just received a message from Umma.

 

From: My Omoni

Time: July 25, 2011 3:49:48 PM

Message:

How are you Limmie? We miss you already.

Advance Happy Birthday. We love you!

 

I also miss you Umma. We can’t still go back to Korea because we have to finish recording our new full length album. We’re also shooting a movie and we will fly to LA tomorrow to prepare for the movie. I’m all excited for the upcoming activities we will be doing. I smile thinking of the good things I received and will receive.

 

Who knows, I might meet Logan Lerman in LA? I won’t need to Photoshop a picture of him with me. I silently laugh at myself, if someone sees me like this they might think I’m crazy laughing. I slowly raise my head and look around to check if they’re looking at me. Good thing the unnies are at the area where will shot the cover later. Then I notice someone standing near the director, I turn my attention to him. He’s staring at me and he chuckles silent as if he’s saying, “I saw you laughing all by yourself.” What if he actually saw me laughing alone? Oh my god! What should I do?

 

Embarrassed, I stand up and walk to Yenny unnie timidly. I grab the microphone and squeeze it. “Lim, what are you doing? You might destroy the microphone?” The guy is still staring at me. What’s his problem? “Oh sorry, I’m just trying to prepare myself.” The director walks to us and said we should get on our places so we can start shooting. Ignore him Hyelim. You need to focus. I take a deep breath and it made me feel so much.

 

The guy, who took the picture of us earlier, Tyler oppa, greeted the staring guy. They’re friends? That’s why he’s here. Wait? Why do I care? I shake my head and do my best to focus on our performance. “Ready girls?” Sunye unnie cheered us. “READY!” I answered cheerfully. We made a dry run before we will record.

 

“ONE, TWO, THREE... ACTION!”

 

The camera is filming and everyone in the studio is silent, making sure that their voice won’t be recorded. The guy is still right there in front me, arms crossed. He’s still staring at me but not all the time, he turns his attention either to Yubin unnie or Sohee. He looks different now, unlike earlier, his face is calm and his smile has a tendency to melt your heart.

 

For the entire duration of the live performance, I just keep looking at him for once in a while. I wonder what his name is. He really looks cute. And finally, we finished filming the performance so they gave us another break before proceeding with the interview. Tyler oppa comes near us, with the staring guy. “Hey, great singing! I think your version of the song is way better than the original.” He congratulated us.

 

We all thanked his compliment. “Thanks Tyler, you really know how to flatter girls.” Yenny unnie added. “Maybe that’s why they call me ‘the ladies’ man’.” Tyler answered and we all laugh except from the staring guy. Maybe he noticed me looking at the guy behind him, so Tyler pulled the staring guy to his side. “By the way, girls, this is my friend, Sebastian. Dude these are the Won...”

 

“I know who they are. They are the Wonder Girls, they’re from South Korea.” The staring guy, I mean Sebastian, cut Tyler oppa. Is he one of our fans? Our jaw dropped, stun from what he said. “Dude, are you one their fans? I never knew you had that side in you.” Tyler oppa commented. “I’m not their fan. They were the girls from Bob’s Diner few weeks ago.” He answered while looking me straight in the eye.

 

Me and the unnies look at each other with a puzzled expression. Bob’s Diner? Few weeks ago? Don’t tell me... “You’re the diner guy?” Yubin unnie beats me from saying the same thing. “Now I remember. Lim busted your nose, right?” Sohee added. Tyler oppa is suppressing his laughter but he stopped when Sebastian elbowed him. “Choe song hamnida. I swear it was an accident, I didn’t saw you going out and I was not paying attention on where I was going either. I’m very sorry.” I repeatedly bowed to him saying sorry.

 

Sebastian holds his hands in front of my face gesturing me to stop. “Please stop, it was nothing actually. Though my nose really did hurt that entire afternoon but everything is okay now.” He mumbles. “We still want to say sorry for the incident and we’re also sorry if we caused you trouble that day.” Sunye unnie answered him.

 

“McDean! What the hell are you doing there? Come here and place those cameras over there.” Mathew cried. “I’ll leave you guys, later.” Tyler oppa hurried to the cameras. Sebastian put down his hands to his side and then pats my left arm. He starts to walk away from us and go outside the studio.

 

“Well, that went great, didn’t it?” Yeeun unnie suddenly spoke. “What was that pat all about?” I asked to them. “Maybe it’s the Americans way of saying, “You just embarrassed yourself.”.” We all laugh when Sohee answered my question. “I’m sure it’s not what he meant. The pat had a comforting feeling.” I mumbled to myself.

 

We continued in filming the interview. Sebastian is still here in the studio, he’s standing at the side. Every time I have a chance to catch a glimpse of him I feel like he’s staring at me. In the middle of the interview, he looks at his wrist watch and he looks suddenly worried. Sebastian pulls his phone from his pocket and calls someone. He really looks tense and suddenly leaves the room without saying anything to Tyler oppa.

 

“Okay... And CUT! Great job guys!” Mathew shouted when the interview is finish. “That’s a wrap everyone!” He added. “Kamsahamnida!” As the leader of the Wonder Girls, Sunye unnie thanked everyone and we all did the same. “Yeeun unnie, I was wondering if I can ask you a favour.” I told Yenny. She turns around and gives me a ‘what is it?’ look. “What would that be Lim?” I lean to her and whisper to her ear, “Can you ask Tyler oppa where Sebastian went?”

 

Yenny pulls her head away from, and then calls Yubin, Sunye and Sohee. “Hyelim asked us a favour.” Yenny unnie said as they come near us. “What is it maknae?” Sunye unnie asks. “Yeeun unnie, I only asked you the favour.” I complained. “Hyelim asked us if we can ask Tyler where Sebastian went.” Yenny unnie replied. Why do they look so cheesy suddenly?

 

“Hyelim has a crush on Sebastian!” All of them tease me. “I don’t have a crush on that guy!” I think? “Then why do you want us to ask Tyler where is Sebastian, huh?” Yubin unnie interrogated me. “He left without saying anything to Tyler oppa.” I nervously answered. “Since when did start having a concern to Sebastian, eh?” Sohee asks me. Gah! Everyone is interrogating me!

 

“Sebastian left because he has an important meeting, he texted me just now.” Tyler oppa muttered out of the blue. He moves closer to us, “Don’t worry Lim, I won’t tell Sebastian that you have a crush on him.” He whispered. STOP TELLING THAT I HAVE A CRUSH ON THAT GUY!