An Explanation

Jong-drella and Six Handsome Knights

The dinner went on smoothly. The three girls enjoy their food and talk like there is no tomorrow until Sojin notices that Sungjong is a bit gloomy, so she asks her what's going on. Sungjong sighs and puts her glass of ocha on the table, 

"I don't know if I was okay. I don't even know how to feel..." She says.

"Did any of them hurt you?!" Saeron gasps. "Who did it?!"

"No... it's not that...." Sungjong denies. "I just heard from Hoya that I will be marrying one of them sooner or later. I thought I was just there because Grandpa Lee was nice enough to give me a house to pay for what my father did. But it turns out he has other motives, and he didn't even tell me!" She explains. 

"Oh boy, that's bad. He should've told you at least." Saeron says, despite knowing about it since Sojin spilt all the beans. 

"Exactly! Now everything I see from them is crumbled to pieces. I thought they were actually nice people and accepted me, but there are possibilities that they are doing this for their grandpa. Just being a good grandson and not so accepting of me." Sungjong replies. 

Sojin, beside her, pulls Sungjong closer and rubs her shoulder to calm her down, "There, there. It will pass, but I'm sure the boys are genuinely nice people. The arranged marriage is probably just a bonus." She says. 

"You think so?" Sungjong asks. 

"Yeah, I mean, the only person from that house that I know deeply is Sungyu, and he's really kind." Sojin answers. 

"You're right about that. Sungyu is genuinely nice and very trustworthy." Sungjong agrees. "I don't know about the others, though, especially Woohyun because he's a player. But I think he'd reject this arranged marriage like I do because this marriage will affect his dating life," she adds with a chuckle. 

"Oh true, he is quite the flirty one of the bunch. But Nah, I doubt that he's rejecting it either. He seems to like you~" Saeron says teasingly. 

"Ey! Why are you teasing me now?" Sungjong pouts. "Nonetheless, if he likes me or not, I think I still need to process this because an arranged marriage with one of them is such a big step, nor am I ready for marriage." 

"Well... what do you want to do?" Sojin asks. 

"Now or for the future?" Sungjong asks back confusedly. 

"Both." She replies. 

"For now.... can I sleep at your house? I need to process this... Please?" Sungjong asks. "and for the future... well, who knows. I prefer to stay single and be a successful writer! But if I do get married, they better let me work." 

"Sure, you can stay at my house for a while. Don't worry about it." Sojin answers. 

"Can I go too? I wanna comfort Sungjong too!" Saeron asks. 

"Sure, let's have a sleepover today!" Sojin concludes. "Whoever agrees, raise your glass!" She exclaims. 

The other girls raise their glasses and knock them together, "Ganbae!!" 


Back at the Infinity Mansion, Hoya tells them about what happened, and they are shocked. They expect Sungjong to know since it's an arranged marriage, and usually, both parties know about this, but reality slaps them in the face with the fact that she has no idea about this. 

"So you're telling me she has no idea that she's technically betrothed to us?" Dongwoo asks. 

"Yeah, grandpa didn't tell her about it, and I have no clue why," Hoya replies. 

"Probably to make it more natural. To make it as if it was a marriage based on love, but no, it's a marriage based on a love game." Sungyu concludes. "Which I withdraw because I only see her as my best friend." He adds. 

"You're withdrawing?" Woohyun asks confusedly. 

"You heard me. I'm not playing this love game because neither she nor I have feelings for one another. My heart belongs to someone else, and Sungjong sees me as her best friend." Sungyu explains. 

"Your heart belongs to someone else?" His little brother repeats. "Who is it, Hyung?" 

Sungyu rolls his eyes and says, "Tsk. Deal with your own business." 

"Anyways, back to the topic. Sungjong has no idea that she's supposedly matched with you and now is staying with Sojin?" 

"Yeah, and she tells me to tell you guys not to find her. She needs time alone to process this. Marriage is such a big step for her, especially since she's so young." Hoya replies. 

"She's around my age-" Myungsoo says, earning glares from the others. "It's the truth!" He exclaims. 

"Whatever. The thing is, we just let her take her time. I don't want her to be more troubled than she is." Hoya finally says. 

"Will she ever come back?" Sungyeol asks. "I've grown too attached to her..." 

"She will, probably when she's ready. Don't worry about it." Hoya says, ruffling his little brother's hair. 


Meanwhile, in Sojin's penthouse, the girls are preparing for their sleepover. They plan to watch all the movies on Netflix and spend the night together with ice cream and sweets to help Sungjong emotionally. 

"I got everything!" Saeron exclaims, dropping the minimarket plastic in front of them. Inside, the plastic is full of sweets and snacks, starting from chips to ice cream and chocolate. It's all there. 

"You didn't have to buy this much, Saeron-ah. What if we didn't finish them?" Sungjong, concerned, says. 

"Don't worry about it. We can always keep it in case this case happens again." Sojin says. "On with the movie~" She continues as she turns on the TV and sets up the Netflix so they can see it on that big screen. 

That night they eat their snacks and watch the Euphoria TV show, which is the number one hit on Netflix and has good reviews. Despite the dark theme of the tv show, they enjoy every episode of it until the three of them fall asleep still with the show playing in front of them. It was so late for them, too, since they watched from 8 until probably midnight because that tv show is so addicting! 

The next morning, Sungjong decides to confront Grandpa Lee about not telling her the truth because this is a big issue, yet she has no idea about it? That's ridiculous, isn't it?! She made an appointment with him, and they met at his office near Infinity mansion. Once she gets in, Grandpa Lee asks her to sit down and ask about their sudden meeting. 

"Mr Lee, may I ask you a question?" She asks. 

"Of course. What do you need?" Grandpa Lee replies, asking back. 

"I will not sugarcoat anything this time. Is seeing my miserable life your only reason for putting me in with your grandsons?" She asks. 

Grandpa Lee sighs as he sips his tea, "Of course, that's the main reason why you're staying there." He says. 

"Really? Because someone told me that you make me stay there to matchmake me with one of them." Sungjong replies. 

"That is also true, but my main reason is to repay your father's kindness in working with me. Seeing your miserable life pains me a lot, Sungjong-ah." Grandpa Lee answers. 

"Mr Lee..." She trails out, "Can I be honest with you?" 

"Of course, anything." Grandpa Lee says. 

"Marriage is such a huge step for me. Moreover, I'm still in university and paying for it myself with the money my father left me. Is there a timeframe for this matchmake project of yours, sir?" She asks. 

Instead of answering, Grandpa Lee instantly laugh hearing her question, "Oh, you silly girl! There's no time frame! I want all this to be based on love. I want them to get married in love! Which is why I let you stay with them." 

Sungjong is speechless hearing Grandpa Lee's reasons. So it is indeed to matchmake them without her knowing so she can feel genuine love for them so that it would be natural. So they can be together based on love. This new fact still shocks her, and she still needs time to process but hearing his reason makes sense to her. Their grandfather wants the best for them, but he still gives them free will. They can either approach her or treat her like a housemate. 

"I see, that's understandable. Thank you for telling me the truth, sir." Sungjong says with a bow. 

Grandpa Lee smiles because Sungjong reminds him of her father, Yunho, "You're most welcome." He says. 

After knowing the reason, Sungjong decides to return to Infinity Mansion because the explanation makes sense, and she now has a mischievous idea in mind. 

'Since they're all on a mission to get my heart, this will be fun~' She thought as she skipped to Infinity mansion. 

When she thought everything would go smoothly, she accidentally bumps into Eunji, and now Eunji's coffee is all over her clothes. 

"Oh my Goodness! I'm so sorry!" Eunji exclaims. 

"N-No, it's okay. It's an accident..." Sungjong says with an awkward grin.

Eunji sighs and denies that it is okay, "Come. I'll give you new clothes. I feel bad because it's all over your clothes, and it's white!" 

"Oh, but there's no-"

Before Sungjong can finish, Eunji drags her into her car. There Eunji pulls over a bag with extra clothes because things like this happen thanks to her clumsiness. 

"Here, you can use this," Eunji says. 

"Thank you... but how will I change?" She asks. 

"You can change in the car. I'll look out for you." Eunji replies. 

Sungjong awkwardly thanked her and changed in her car, "I'll return your clothes soon. Maybe after I dry clean it." Sungjong says as she gets out. 

"Oh, there's no need! I have a lot of clothes at home. Those are just spare ones." Eunji says, but Sungjong still feels bad. 

"I insist, miss. I want to return these clothes to you." Sungjong says. 

"If you insist," Eunji says. "Here, have my number. My name is Eunji." 

"Eunji? As in Jung Eunji?" Sungjong asks. 

"Yes, that's me. You probably know me from Woohyun." She replies. "but don't worry. I'm over him. We're incompatible!" 

Sungjong nods as she receives Eunji's name card with her number and information. Reading that, Sungjong almost faints because she is another rich girl! Why do rich people surround this city?! Even her best friends are already too rich! Now, Woohyun's ex too?! 

"I'll call you soon to return the clothes," Sungjong says. "Again, thank you so much, Eunji-ssi." She says, giving Eunji a grateful bow before entering the mansion. 


A/n: Hello everyone! I did another double update just like when I was active. In this author's note, I will reveal their ages.

The list goes like this : 

Sungyu: 24 y.o 

Dongwoo: 23 y.o 

Woohyun, Hoya and Sungyeol 22 y.o 

Myungsoo 21 y.o 

Sungjong 20 y.o 

Sojin 24 y.o (she's working and in university as well despite how rich she is) 

Saeron 19 y.o (Imma up her age a bit because why not -3-) 

Suzy 19 y.o (She's still young, so that explains her childish behaviour, so yee-) 

Eunji 20 y.o (Yes she already has a job because prodigy moment- oh ho ho ho-) 

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and don't forget to vote, subscribe and comment! 

Love you guys lots <3