Myungsoo's turn

Jong-drella and Six Handsome Knights

Woohyun, who had returned home, finds his youngest cousin on the couch playing with his cat. 

"Hello to you too. How's the mission?" asks Myungsoo 

"Aish! You scared me!" scolds Woohyun 

Myungsoo laughs silently as he continues to play with Byul 

"By the way, when does Sungjong's class finish?" he asks 

"Around 4 PM? I guess that's what she told me." answers Woohyun confusedly. "Wae?" 

"Just because," he said Woohyun before facing his cat again. "Come Byul, let's prepare for our mission~," he said to his cat before picking that dark fur cat, bringing him to his room. 

'Don't tell me I wasn't the only one getting the mission.' thought Woohyun, glaring at his youngest cousin offendedly. 


Back at the university, Sungjong, who is in class with Saeron, sat together the whole time as their lecturer is currently teaching them. Sungjong chooses English literature as her major in university. She did not expect to have pragmatics and technical terms in English literature. 

"I was not expecting that...." She mutters as she stares at the slide her lecturer is showing 

The lecture continues, and both Sungjong and Saeron's brains are toasted that day. All the information is more complicated than they expected. Once the class ends, the two best friends go straight to Starbucks to get some drinks because they need a break from those difficult lessons. 

"Okay, I expected myself to analyse novels, not an actual sentence-" Sungjong starts. 

"I know. I thought we're making one instead." Saeron adds. 

"I was thinking of the same thing! This is crazy!" Sungjong again complains. 

"Your whole life is already crazy. I'm surprised you're still fazed about our lessons," Saeron said confusedly. 

"Well....besides the point..." Sungjong mutters, sipping her ice tea. 

"Oh well, let's eat our cheesecake to cheer ourselves up!" Saeron suggest.

Sungjong nods, agreeing with her and eats her share of the cake. As she does that, suddenly, her phone starts buzzing. Sungjong rolls her eyes and checks the caller id; it turns out to be Myungsoo! 

"Myungsoo?!" she gasps as she sees the caller id.

"Ooh, one of your boyfriends is calling you~?" Saeron teases. 

"He's not my boyfriend! Stop being ridiculous!" Sungjong scolds her playfully before answering the call. 

During the call, Sungjong confusedly listens to what Myungsoo has to say. So he's going to be taking her home? Well, that's not that bad. Myungsoo's a nice person, although he's a bit mischievous. 

"Cool then, I'm actually at my campus's Starbucks, so I guess you're going to the right place," Sungjong says. 

"Oh, that's good then because I'm on my way," Myungsoo replies, causing the blonde to blink confusedly and in shock.

"What?" 

"I'm on my way..." He replies. 

Sungjong sighed at Myungsoo's answer. She thought she could hang out with her best friends today, she misses them a lot, and she's sure they missed her too. Honestly, she can go home by herself as she waits for Sojin from her work to get there and hang out, just the three of them. Still, she is with Saeron in Starbucks and must go home STAT because Myungsoo is on his way. 

"I see, okay then." Sungjong finally said and hung up. 

Saeron, who is in front of her, stares at Sungjong concernedly. "Are you okay?" She asks. 

"No. I thought I could hang out with you guys. You, me, and Sojin like the old times." Sungjong replies bitterly. 

"Don't worry about us. I bet Myungsoo is worried that he needs to take you home~" Again, Saeron with her teasing. 

"He's not one to worry much about things. Honestly, I think he's a bit cold, although around me not so much...." Sungjong answers confusedly. 

"Oooh, you're now the centre of his attention~," Saeron says playfully. 

Sungjong whines at Saeron's teasing as the younger girl laughs at her reaction. Unfortunately, their tea-time must end sooner or later because Saeron hears the Starbucks' doorbell chime, and here comes Myungsoo. 

"Hey, your boyfriend's here," Saeron says. 

"For the last time, he's not my boy-" Sungjong was cut short as soon as she saw Myungsoo. 

She has never seen Myungsoo in regular clothes, and she must admit he looks handsome with them. This blonde girl blanks up a bit as Myungsoo approaches their table. 

"Oooh~ Cat got your tongue?" Saeron playfully asks. 

Sungjong is still dazed until she finds Myungsoo in front of her, 

"Hey, ready to go?" Myungsoo asks, snapping her from her confused look. 

"Eh? Oh, y-yeah! Ready to go! Saeron-ah, I have to go soon. See you tomorrow?" Sungjong replies before saying goodbye to Saeron. 

"Sure, see you tomorrow! Be careful on your way home!" Saeron replies as Myungsoo and Sungjong finally walk off the cafe. 


Once they're outside, Sungjong is ready to face another fancy car to take her home, but surprisingly, this man is taking her to a bus stop. 

"We're going home via bus?" Sungjong asks. 

"Not exactly going home, but yes, we're using a bus," Myungsoo replies. 

"Huh? What do you mean?" She asks. 

"I want to take you on a date." Myungsoo answers. "I heard you're into dogs." 

"I am. That's why I get along with Ho-Aegi." Sungjong replies. "what does that have to do with anything, though?" 

"It's a surprise," Myungsoo says, patting her. "Ah, the bus is here. Let's go." He continues as soon as the bus arrives. 

Sungjong was surprised because Myungsoo just tapped his wallet like everyone else. She did not expect someone as rich as Myungsoo to know these things. 

"What? Surprise that I know the local customs?" Myungsoo asks teasingly. 

"Maybe...considering you guys are wealthy and technically billionaires." Sungjong answers. "did you use public transport for work?" 

"Sometimes, when I don't feel like driving or being driven, I use public transport. Even the MRT is faster than my car." Myungsoo explains, impressing this girl beside him. 

The bus ride goes on smoothly as these two stand and holds on so they wouldn't fall until the driver gets into a road bump causing Sungjong to fall back. Luckily Myungsoo is there to catch her in time. 

"Are you okay?" He asks. Sungjong nodded, although it was clear that her cheeks were turning a bit red because that was embarrassing! 

After a few minutes, the bus finally stops and lets them get off. Once they're off the bus, Myungsoo finally takes Sungjong to their date venue. Once they get closer, Sungjong hears barking, and it's getting louder as they walk. It turns out, Myungsoo took her to a dog cafe! 

"A dog cafe?!" Sungjong gasps as soon as she sees the sign. 

"Yes. At first, I wanted to take you to a cat cafe, but that'd be selfish because I'm the cat person and not you." He says. 

"I like cats too. It's okay." Sungjong answers, feeling bad for him. 

"And I like dogs too. They're just not my main interest. It is yours, though." Myungsoo replies. "Come on. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself!" He exclaims, taking Sungjong into the dog cafe. 

As soon as they enter, Sungjong sees dogs approaching her, and she can't help but crouch down to greet them. Myungsoo tells the staff they've booked a table as she does that. 

"Right this way, sir." The waitress says, leading them to a table. 

As they walk to the table, Sungjong has one puppy following her, and she can't help but notice. She turns back and sees a cute pomeranian puppy, and her heart melts. 

"Do you need help there, little one?" She asks, lifting the pomeranian. 

The puppy barks happily and her face all over, earning a giggle from this blonde girl. The staff told her that she was up for adoption and an orphan. Sungjong feels terrible for the puppy because it seems lonely, so she adopts it. 

"Do I have to pay for this adoption? Are there any requirements?" She asks. 

The staff nods and provides her with every information she needs. At first, she was excited because she and that cute pomeranian could be together, and it won't be lonely, but the price kills off the joy.

"...It's so expensive..." Sungjong mutters. 

The puppy feels Sungjong's pain, and it looks at Sungjong sadly. Myungsoo, beside her, also feels terrible and decides to help out.

"Put the contract payment on my tab." He said, shocking Sungjong and the puppy. 

"Eh?!" She gasps. 

"You heard me," Myungsoo replies before talking to the staff again. "Just put the contract on my tab, but it'd be with her name," he says. 

The staff obediently does that as Sungjong looks at Myungsoo concernedly. Because why would this man spend that much money on her? They've only known each other for two weeks! That does not make sense! 

Once the staff leaves to deal with the contracts, Sungjong instantly scolds Myungsoo for wasting his money for her. The man who's now sitting in front of her scoffs at her scolding. 

"Are you sure? You want to pay $1000 for the contract?" He asks. 

"That's not what I meant! I mean, why would you spend money on someone like me?" Sungjong asks. 

Myungsoo sighed at Sungjong's question. The answer is clear: get her heart and soon marry her as his grandpa promises. That's the apparent reason but for now, let's use the most pitiful answer for that. 

"Because I feel bad for the puppy. It seems to like you." Myungsoo answers. "I can see how happy you are when you see that puppy, and it likes you too, so I can't help but get it for you. I don't want that spark in your eyes to fade away." 

Sungjong instantly blushed at Myungsoo's answer. One, that was smooth, and secondly, that was so cheesy yet flattering at the same time. 

"A-anyways, let's order, shall we? I haven't had my lunch, so-" Sungjong says, changing the topic and opening the menu book.

"Sure," Myungsoo answers as he does the same thing.  


As they eat their lunch, Woohyun is at home overthinking because of what Myungsoo mentioned when he got home. His brain cells start to move as those words keep on echoing in his head, 

"How's the mission...." Those words echo until Woohyun gets frustrated and punches his pillow out of frustration. 

"Did he get a mission too?! So it's not just me?!" He grumbles. "And what kind of mission did Grandpa give the maknae?!"

Every possible scenario starts to play in his head. Since it's afternoon and they have not returned, he thinks probably he was sent to take her home (which is half true). Still, Sungjong has not returned home, so he thinks Myungsoo might take advantage of her! 

"That cat! How dare he?!" He gasps as he changes to go out and spy on them, but once he's out of his room, he stops midway. "Wait... I don't even know where they are! Aish!" He grumbles. 

Downstairs there's Sungyeol, who's watching some TV show, and Woohyun's loudness invites his curiosity. The choding climbs upstairs and curiously look at his cousin. 

"Are you okay, Hyung?" He asks.

"No! Sungjong isn't home yet, and I'm betting all my money that Myungsoo is taking advantage of her!" Woohyun replies, earning a dramatic gasp from Sungyeol. 

"Myungsoo?! With Sungjonggie?! No way!" He exclaims. 

"Exactly! He's not even interested in romance, and now since she shows up, he's out there taking advantage of her! Oh no.... poor Sungjong.... that poor, poor girl...." Woohyun dramatically says. 

"Then we should spy on them! I don't want Sungjong in trouble!" Sungyeol suggests. 

"I tried, but I have no idea where they are..." Woohyun sighs. 

"Then I can ask Sojin noona! She's Sungjong's best friend, and I'm sure she knows." Sungyeol says.

Woohyun considers it and nods because it seems reasonable, and he's sure Sojin will help them, "Okay, go and ask her where Sungjong is." 

Sungyeol nods and texts Sojin immediately. On the other side of the city, Sojin is still in a meeting with Sunggyu to model for another clothing line that one of the mall's boutiques is producing. Of course, Sojin prefers to focus on the meeting rather than an unimportant text from Sungyu's cousin until the name Sungjong pops up in her notifications. Sojin quickly grabs her phone and secretly looks at the text message hoping she won't get caught. 

Sungyeollie: Noona!! 

Sungyeollie: Sojin Noona!!

Sungyeollie: Help!! It's urgent!! 

Sungyeollie: Do you know where Sungjong is?? It's urgent!! Help, please!! 

Once she sees the text message, she sighs and secretly replies, telling him that she went on a date with Myungsoo. She's not going to tell them the location because she wants her bestie to enjoy the date. 

Sungyeollie: A date?! 

Sungyeollie: With Myungsoo?! 

Sungyeollie: Where?! 

QueenSojin: That's for you to find out, dear

QueenSojin: Now, please let me focus on my meeting^^ 

Sungyeollie: ...okay then... 

Sungyeollie: Thank you, Noona 🥺

After getting that reply, Sungyeol sigh and tells Woohyun that Sungjong is on a date with Myungsoo, but Sojin is not telling him where they are. Woohyun sighs, hearing this because all hopes are now gone, and that girl is on a date with Myungsoo. 

"There goes our innocent girl. Hope she's okay, and we can't even get her location..." Woohyun huffs, sitting on one of the stairs. 

"I hope she's okay.... but Myungsoo is not that mean. He's just cold. Maybe she'll enjoy the date." Sungyeol replies, trying to remain optimistic. 

"Exactly why I'm worried! That guy is literally a walking fridge! How will she enjoy her date with that ice mountain of a guy?!" Woohyun complains. 

Sungyeol starts to wonder after hearing this. What if Sungjong got ignored most of the time by Myungsoo instead of a proper date... No one will ever know... Yet again, the duo sigh as they sit on one of the stairs. 


Back at the Dog Cafe, Sungjong once again bows to the staff gratefully for letting her adopt the pomeranian puppy. 

"Thank you so much for your service and for letting me adopt her," Sungjong says. 

The cafe's staff just smile as they say their goodbyes, hoping the couple to visit again. Once they're out, the pomeranian puppy is asleep in her arms because they played all day in that cafe right after lunch. She is one hyper puppy, and Sungjong can't help but play with her. 

"Lemon must be tired from all the playing we did," Sungjong says, cooing at her puppy's cuteness.

"Ah, you named her?" Myungsoo asks, earning a nod from the blonde girl. 

"Yes, I named her lemon. I'd name her golden because of her fur, but Lemon suits her more." Sungjong answers. 

"How so?" Again, Myungsoo asks. 

"I don't know. It suits her, and she seems to like it when I call her Lemon." She replies.

The couple finally got home, and once they got there, Sungjong was greeted by Woohyun and Sungyeol, asking about her and how her trip went. Sungjong instantly shushed them because Lemon was still asleep, and they might wake her. 

"Huh? Who?" Woohyun dumbly asks.

"Her," Sungjong replies, showing a gold pomeranian puppy in her arms. 

Woohyun instantly backs away thanks to his fear of dogs, while Sungyeol coos at Lemon's cuteness. 

"Where did you get her? She's so cute!" Sungyeol asks excitedly but shuts down because of Sungjong's glare. 

"We got her in a dog cafe. The pomeranian seems to be attached to Sungjong, so we adopt her." Myungsoo answers on Sungjong's behalf. 

"Huh? You and Sungjong adopted a dog?" Woohyun asks suspiciously. "You, of all people, spend money on a dog? I thought you're a cat person." 

"And? Sungjong loves this dog, and it'd be selfish of me not to help her get the dog." Myungsoo says. 

Meanwhile, both Sungyeol and Sungjong are cooing at Lemon's cuteness as the two argue in the background. 

"Since it's a dog, maybe we can get advice from Hoya Hyung since he's good with dogs and even has one." Sungyeol suggests. 

"You're right, and I'm sure she'd get along with Ho-Aegi." Sungjong replies. 


A/n: Ah Ha! I'm back after 4 years of abandoning this fic because I have no idea what to put, but after years of gathering experience and doing real-life stuff, I finally updated! I hope you guys are still interested in this fic despite my longest update. Tbh this is also my longest update unironically but yee that's my update for my long lost fanfic. Hope you guys enjoy it!