Inconvenient Truth

Jong-drella and Six Handsome Knights

The news of Sungjong's new dog, Lemon, spreads around the house. Everyone knows about the dog, and this is where Grandpa Lee steps in again with his mischievous plan. This time he did not use the box. He chooses Hoya to be his next target for approaching Sungjong. Hoya honestly sees Sungjong as a little sister and never sees her differently because the only thing similar between them is dancing and loving dogs. Either than that, there's nothing more. Besides, he's Dongwoo's full-time supporter in getting her heart. Nonetheless, this dancing machine still gets his chance to approach Sungjong. 

"Go to a dog park? With our dogs?" Hoya repeats confusedly. 

"Yes, since you two now have dogs, I think it's a good idea for you to take her to a dog park! It will make you two closer!" Grandma Lee says. 

"Grandma?! You're in this too?!" He asks, whining. 

"What? I love matchmaking! It's fun!" Grandma Lee says with a giggle. 

Hoya sighs and puts one of the sushis into his mouth, still staring in disbelief at his grandparents. His parents do not even care about what he does, yet his grandparents want him to get close to this girl when he's not interested in getting married or dating. 

"Fine, I'll do it." Hoya finally says, earning a smile from his grandparents. "but that does not hold a guarantee that she will choose me." he adds. 

"Oh, don't worry about that, dear. Just go with it!" Grandma Lee laughs. 


At home, it's Tuesday, and Sungjong has zero schedules today. She plans to hang out with Sojin and Saeron in the evening since Sojin is a busy girl and needs to work and study simultaneously, but all of those crumble as soon as she sees a text from Hoya. 

HoBear: Wanna go to a dog park? 

Sungjong stares at her phone in disbelief. She just got back from a date with Myungsoo to a frickin dog cafe, and now Hoya wants to take her to a dog park?! Is this a joke?!

Lemonade: I'm too tired 

Lemonade: I miss my friends too... Can we reschedule, please?? 

HoBear: Well, when are you free? I'm free on Tuesday, Friday and weekends... 

Lemonade: We can go on Saturday

Hobear: Hmm, Deal! That sounds good 

Sungjong sighs in relief as soon as the texting ends. She's glad Hoya is nice and understanding enough to reschedule their hang out. Now she can relax and hang out with her friends again after all these weeks of being separated from them, plus how overly protective her housemates are, Woohyun especially. They went from enemies to whatever this is- 

Speaking of overprotectiveness, it's true because now they seem not to like her going out alone. 

"What? I'm just going with Sojin and Saeron." Sungjong says confusedly.

"Still-" 

"I'm not taking opinions from a player. Skip." Sungjong cuts in before facing the others. "Please? Can I hang out with them? I miss them a lot!" She pleads. She even uses the puppy eyes on them. 

"As long as you let us know when you're done. You have my permission." Sungyu says. 

"Of course! Besides, it's not like I can enter if I didn't tell you guys that I'm done, right?" Sungjong replies, laughing awkwardly. 

"Fair enough. Just be careful, especially since you're going there at night." Myungsoo says.

"Yes, please be careful. I don't want you to face trouble." Sungyeol adds. 

"Ah, you guys worry too much. I'll be fine." Sungjong laughs. 

The boys sigh and finally give in, letting her go with her friends. Sungjong squeals happily and thank them with a hug before running to her room to change. But even then, these boys complained about her clothes as well. 

"Too revealing..." 

"You'll get cold..." 

And more comments come her way just because she wants to wear a dress for the venue. Sungjong sighed as she tried to find a more suitable outfit until she heard a knock. Sungjong peeks out and finds Hoya there. 

"Need help?" He asks. 

"Well yeah, I want something pretty but comfortable. Yet when I use something, I find cute and all they complained." She says with a pout. 

"Don't listen to them! Wear what you want!" Hoya laughs. "They're just being overly protective, especially since you're soon-to-be-married with one of us." He adds. 

"Wait...what?!" Sungjong gasps. 

"What?" Hoya asks back confusedly. 

"I'm gonna marry one of you?!" She asks. 

"What? My grandpa didn't tell you?" Hoya replies with another question. 

"No! All he tells me is to stay at your house because I have a horrible life as an orphan! What does he mean by getting married to one of you?!" She responds. 

Her emotions are all mixed. Anger, confusion, and shock are all mixed in her. She has no idea how to respond besides asking more questions because she's about to marry them?! She thought what Sunggyu did during their lunch was an act to get rid of her stepsister! 

"You're telling me I'm going to marry one of you someday?" She asks. Hoya nods because he has no idea that this girl does not know about the deal. 

"What if I don't want to get married?!" Sungjong again asks. 

"I mean, you can tell Grandpa all our attempts to approach you failed, and you did not like any of us," Hoya answers with a grin. 

"How could he not tell me... an arranged marriage is usually done by two people, and the other party should know about it. Yet I knew it from you?!" Sungjong complains as she walks back and forth. 

"I know it's crazy and weird, but it's true. You may or may not marry one of us at some point." Hoya says. 

"I heard you enough. I'll just.... stay with Sojin today. This is too much for me..." Sungjong replies. "Tell them I'll stay with Sojin but tell them not to find me because I need to process this." She adds. 

"Sure, I won't mind. I'll even help you escape if you want." Hoya chuckles. 

"Escape...." Sungjong repeats. "Do you...reject the wedding with me, perhaps?" She asks. 

"I'm not rejecting perse. I just haven't seen you that way, but who knows." He replies. "Anyways, I'll help you with the clothes and take you to the venue. How about that?" He asks. 

Sungjong nods and accepts Hoya's help. She ends up with a black sleeveless dress and denim jacket to protect her from the cold.

"How do I look?" She asks, turning around to show the clothes to Hoya. 

"It suits you," Hoya replies. "Let's go." 

The two of them finally leave the house despite the other's complaints. Sungjong unironically acts more distant from them because of the truth, but she knows that it's not their fault in her heart. They probably think that she knows so that she won't blame them, but the truth does make her uncomfortable because it seems that she's thrown into a cage full of wolfs except for Sungyu. After all, he told her straight away that he only sees her as a best friend.  

Hoya and Sungjong arrived at the restaurant to meet with Sojin and Saeron. Before she gets in, Hoya lowers his window, 

"Hey, tell me when you're done, okay?" 

"I will. Thanks for taking me here." 

Hoya smiles and closes his window before zooming back home, leaving Sungjong to enter the restaurant. The venue is a fancy Japanese restaurant, and they usually make reservations there. Luckily Sojin did, and all Sungjong had to do was mention her name to the waitress. 

"Table for three, with the name of Sojin?" Sungjong says to the waitress. 

"Right this way, miss." She says, leading Sungjong to a private room. She sees Saeron and Sojin waiting for her with the food already served. 


A/n: Oop hope it's not too fast for Sungjong to know the truth- poor girl finding out thanks to Hoya's clumsiness, poor her *sigh* 

Anyways another update has been uploaded! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, don't forget to vote, subscribe and comment (ooh, how I miss saying that word, lmao) 

Thanks a lot for stopping by guys!