The Tattoo and The Unexpected Encounter

The Heart Of Amaranthine

I can feel the breeze of the wind blowing through the strands of my hair. I can smell the scent of fresh grass all around me and heard the chirping sound of the birds flying through the sky. Everything around me makes me feel like it’s spring time. I open both of my eyes and see that i’m back at that same field again, but this time it feels different from before. I starts to look around and see that everything is the same but why do i feel like there is something different. Suddenly i heard the sound of rustling in the bushes.

“W-who’s there?” i asked. I waited a few minute for someone to answer, then i starts to heard the rustle again. I take a deep breath to brace myself and then start to walk towards the bushes where the sound is coming from. I slowly and quitely walk there, hoping that nothing will jump out of the bush. Only a few steps until i reach the bush and i already can feel my heardt start to race. The bush is much closer now, so i slowly creep onto it but suddenly something jump out towards me.

I screamed and put both of my hands infront of me for defense and close both of my eyes. I waited a couple of seconds for something to happen but i sense nothing. I slowly open my eyes and take a peek at what’s infront of me. Once i saw what it is, i let out a big sigh and let down my hands. I smiled at the thing that just jump from the bush.

“Hey there little bunny... you surely scared me to death” i said as i walk slowly to the little white animal that’s just looking innocently at me. I smiled looking at how cute it is. I pat the bunny and play with it a little. i see that the bunny has this cute pattern on its back. While i was playing with it, i heard a woman voice calling for someone. i look around trying to find the voice before seeing a woman coming towards where i am. I quickly hide myself behind the tree that’s near me.

“AL.. AL...!!! Where are you?” i heard the woman called.

‘Wait... is she calling my name?’ i asked myself. I then take a peak at the woman that has been calling and searching for someone. She has a long black hair with streaks of purple and red. She wears a very casual but elegants set of clothes. She’s quite tall despite her wearing a flat shoes and she’s also looks older than me. She turns around, now i can clearly see her face.

‘WOW.... she’s so pretty’ i said to myself once i saw her face. Never have i seen anyone like her, she look like a goddess. Her eyes, she has a bright and beautiful golden eyes. I was somehow mesmerize by her beauty.

“Ah... there you are” I heard her said as she was coming towards my way. I widen my eyes as she’s coming close, i then quickly hide behind the tree again. My heart start to beat fast. I put both of my hands on my chest while resting against the tree and hoping that she didn’t see me.

“Where have you been princess” I heard her said.

Wait... What? Princess?’ i thought as i heard her said that. I keep quite and listen to what she said next.

“You know that i have been looking for you, as well as your father and the others” she said, worried.

“Sorry... i was just trying to search for the bunny that hop away” A voice of a little girl replied.

“Seriously... why do you always run off on your own. Don’t ever do that again okay Aleen” The woman sternly said to the girl.

I quietly take a look behind the tree that has been blocking me from the woman’s view and see that she is now with a little girl. The little girl also wear a casual clothes, her black hair are tied in a ponytail , she also has a couple of red and purple streaks just like the woman.

“But Mom... She said that it’s fine, i just followed Alee-..”

“No But... i clearly told you before not to run of without telling me or your father. if not, ask the other boys to come with you or maybe the guards” The woman said while holding the little girl on her arms.

Oh... so she’s her mother’ I thought after hearing their conversations.

“But i don’t like those boys mom... they’re annoying, i prefer to be with Aleena instead” The little girl said as she hold on to her mother. She sighs as she holds her.

“Young woman... i already told you not to play with her. She is not someone you should play with Okay?! Also try to give those boys a chance will you?” she asked the little girl.

“I prefer playing with chimmie and the others rather than playing with them” the little girl replied while pouting and playing with her mother necklace that is filled with beautiful gem stones.

“They are not real AL... while those boys are, so please... promise mommy that you will play with them!” the mother said as she tried giving a sad face and pleads to the girl. The girl look up at her mother and then pouted at her.

“Okay... mommy. I promise, but you have to buy me a pet bunny” She said while smiling widely. The woman chuckle at her daughter.

“Alright... i will buy you a pet bunny”she said while smiling at her.

“YAY.... MOMMY GONNA BUY ME A PET BUNNY!!!!” the girl yelled while smiling happily. The mother then starts to laugh at the little girl.

“Aww how cute” i said quietly at the cute scene. As i want to take a closer look at the both of them, i suddenly step on a branch. It makes quite a sound, so i quickly hide myself again. I can heard that the laughter suddenly stops.

“Who’s there??!!” I heard the woman yelled. I can sense that she is walking closer to where i am hiding.

“I Said... Who’s There!!” she yelled once more. I then heard a small cute yawn coming from them.

“Mommy... i’m tired” I heard the little girl said to her mom while yawning once more.

“Oh... okay then baby, let’s go back now shall we” she said to the little girl.

I quitely waited a couple of minutes before looking behind the tree again to check if they’re really gone. I then sigh as the area is clear. I close my eyes and rest my body against the tree. I put both of my hands on my chest to calm myself down. After i feel calmer i slowly open my eyes, but what i see infront of me shock me to the core. I see a person wearing a black cloak with red stripes standing and looking straight at me with a pair of red shining eyes. I can feel myself taking a huge breath before trying scream loudly, but the person block my voice by putting their hand infront of my mouth. The person put their other hand on my neck and starts to choke me. I struggle to get away from his grip. As i was struggling i can’t help myself but to look into those pair of red eyes that’s feel like looking straight into my soul. My lungs starts to hurt as i start to get out of breath as time passed by. My vision starts to blur, but before i black out i put all of my last stenght to scream one more time, before i finally see darkness surrounding me.

 

 

“AHHHHH....!!!!!!!” I screamed out loud as i woke up from the dream. I looked at my surrounding and find myself still at the infirmary. I was sitting on the bed with the sheet messed up at the end of my feet. I can still feel my heart pounding and me taking short breath of air as if i just run in a marathon. I looked around trying to see if someone is here but it seems that it’s empty, i guessed Ms. Paige went out while i was still sleeping. I let out a big sigh before taking a deep breath and letting it out again. I keep on doing it a couple more time to calm myself down. I Looked at the clock on the wall to see that it’s already passed lunch time and only 30 minutes left until the next class.

“Wow... i slept for a full 3 hours now” i shockingly said to myself.

My mind then suddenly went off to the dream that i just had. It was such a cute but weird dream and then somehow it turn to be a nightmare. Who are those people? Why are they in my dream? And why does the little girl has the same name as me? But what makes my spine shiver is the person that is in the black cloak, who is that person and why did it want to kill me?

I kept on asking those question to myself before i suddenly remember about my wrist. I tried to take a look at my left wrist but i couldn’t believe at what i’m seeing. There’s some sort of a weird tattoo on my arm and it’s glowing weirdly, but somehow i don’t feel any pain from it. i kept on looking at it with confusion on my face.

“What the hell... did someone came in and draw this on me?” i murmured to myself while still checking out the weird tattoo. I then tried to slowly rub it off since maybe it’s just a prank, but after a while it doesn’t rub off and it’s still glowing. ‘Okay... this is really weird’ i thought to myself.

I can’t really tell what the tattoo shape’s like since it’s a little blurry. Since i don’t know what to do, i went to a sink nearby. I the tap and let the water fall on to my arm, i continue to try and rubbing it off of my skin. I was so focused on removing the tattoo that i didn’t hear the incoming footsteps.

“Ms. Rosevelt.... Rosevelt!!” i jumped at the sound of my name being called and a hand suddenly touch my shoulder. I look behind me to find Ms. Paige looking worriedly at me.

“Oh... Ms. Paige it’s just you” I sighed in relieve and also nervousness.

“Are you okay? does your wrist feel better now or is it still hurt?” she asked softly with a smile.

“Oh...uhmm. it’s better i guess. I don’t feel the pain anymore” i said, awkwardly smiling at her and let out a nervous laugh.

“Okay then that’s good. Uhmm.. may i asked what are you doing Ms. Rosevelt?” She asked as she try to take a peek at the sink.

I quickly turned off the tap and held my left arm while hiding both of them behind my back.

“Oh... it’s nothing. I was just washing my hand that’s all” I sweetly smiled at her while pretending that nothing is happening.

Should i tell her about the weird tattoo??’ i silently thought to myself.

No...i shouldn’t. It’s probably just some prank that other kids did. It will go away eventually’ i nodded to myself as an agreement to what i was just thinking.

“Oh.. alright. Do you want me to put some more ointment on your wrist just to be cautious? Uhmm... Ms. Rosevelt? Are you okay?” i heard her asked.

“Huh... what? Oh... uhm.. no it’s okay. I think it’ll be fine, thank you” i replied to her quickly after snapping out of my thoughts.

“Is there something wrong Ms. Rosevelt? You seem.... very nervous” she questioned me.

“No.. i’m okay. it’s just that....” i paused for a second trying to think of an excuse. “i think i’m going to be late for my next class. So... if you excuse me, i will be going now Ms. Paige. Thank you for the help” i said in a hurry before i walk pass by her and quickly walk out of the room.

After walking out of the infirmary i look right and left to check if the hallway is clear or not. When i’m sure that it is clear, i went straight to my locker and get all of my stuff before going to my last class. Since i was  such in a hurry, i didn’t see that there’s a person right behind me. So, as i turned around we accidentally bump into each other which result in making both of our stuff fall to the floor.

“Oh My Gosh!! I’m so sorry!!” I quickly apologized to the person and kneeled down to pick all the stuff that had fallen without even looking at the person that i bumped into. “It’s Okay...it’s my fault too, i didn’t see where i was walking. Here let me help” The person said before kneeling down with me. Judging by the person’s very deep voice i figure that it’s a male.

“No.. it’s fine. I’ll do it, it’s my fault too since i didn’t see you in the beginning” I said before finally looking at the person kneeling in front of me. After seeing him, my whole body starts to freeze and my eyes can’t seem to believe the guy that is currently picking up the stuff that scatters on the floor.

Oh ... it’s one of the guy from EXO’ My eyes quickly scan the man from head to toe. There’s no way my eyes could be wrong. There’s no way i would forget their faces, since they’re all over the school. And my mind just confirm it, he is one of the tall member from EXO.

“I guess it’s both of our fault then” he cutely laughed before looking up at me and smile. I seemingly seems to have fallen for him a little because of that sweet smile. I looked at both of his eyes just as he starts to look into my eyes too. We stayed like that for a couple of minutes until i snapped back into reality and continued to picking up my stuffs.

“Ah.. yeah, i guess.” i quietly said while looking down. To escape from the awkward encouter that i had with him i quickly gather all of the stuff. I see from the corner of my eyes that he did the same.

I carefully got up and brace myself to look at him once more. He continued to follow right after me before holding out his hand to give some of my stuff that he had picked up. I silently accept it and give him a small smile.

“Uhm... i wanted to say sorry... again... for bumping into you and also thank you for helping me picking up my stuff, even though you don’t have to.” I quitely murmured as my eyes starts to look elsewhere rather than his eyes.

He softly chuckle at my response. “It’s fine really... it’s also my fault so no worries, okay?!”

i silently nod at him while continuing to look down.

“Hey... may i asked you something?” he quietly asked.

“Yeah... sure, what is it?” i quickly replied and finally to look up at his face.

“where did you get that tattoo from? It looks pretty cool. I’ve never seen that type of tattoo before.” He asked.

“Huh? What Tattoo? I don’t have any tattoo” I answered him, being puzzle at his words.

“Yeah you do. Right there on your left arm.” He said as he looked and pointed to the weird tattoo that’s on my arm.

I looked at where he pointed to and both of my eyes widened at the realization. I quickly hide my left arm behind my back and look at him with panic in my eyes.

“Oh That!! That’s not a tattoo... not at all...uhm... it’s just... someone did prank on me while i was asleep. That’s all!!!” I said as i faked a smile at him. He then snickers at my quick denial.

“Really?! It doesn’t look like it... are you sure?” he askeds once more while grinning at me.

“Yes!! I’m sure of it. It’s really nothing... it’s not what you think it is.”

“anyway .... i better go now. You know, don’t want to be late for class.” I jokingly said at him with an awkward smile as i try not to continue the conversation. “Bye !!!” i waved my hand at him while saying a quick goodbye. I turn around and as i was just about to walk away.

“Hey, Wait a minute!!!!” he gripped one of my arm to prevent me from leaving. I looked at his hand that is holding me before looking at him with confusion written on my face.

“We’ve never really introduce ourselves to each other yet. Hi.. My name is Chanyeol” He cutely said, accompany by a big smile that seems to reach his eyes.

“Yeah... i know who you are.” I said as i slowly look away from him. He laughed at my reply.

“Well... that’s good then if you know who i am. Then, what about you? What’s your name?” He asked.

I looked at him before hesitantly answering his question. “I’m Aleena. Aleena Rosevelt.”

“Look... i’m sorry to cut this introduction short, but i really need to go” i softly smiled at him before releasing his grip from my hand. I quickly turn around and without looking back i starts to walk faster to my next class, leaving him behind.

***

i finally arrive at my last class of the day just right before the teacher came in. I took a sit and try to be normal even if my mind starts to wander off to nowhere. Throughout the entire lesson, i couldn’t focus on anything other than what had happened today. What it feels to me like a century, finally the bell rings to indicate that the school is finish for the day. I packed all of my stuff and get ready to leave, but before i left the room i suddenly feel nauseous. My head feels like it’s spinning and my vision starts to blur. I quickly hold onto the wall that was beside me. I waited for a couple of minutes to let the sickness go away. After feeling a little bit better, i hurriedly go outside.

I then feel my phone ringing in my pocket, so i pick it up without even seeing the caller id.

“Hello?” i softly answered.

“ALEENA!!! Where are you? I’ve just been in the infirmary but you’re not there!!!” i moved the phone away from my ear as the person across the phone yelled at me. I finally looked at the caller id and rolled my eyes at who it is.

“Noraa!!!! Seriously... stop yelling through the phone!!! You’re making my headache worse.” I annoyingly said.

“Oh...... sorry. I’m just worried for you, you know.” She replied, less loud this time.

“yeah.. i know. i’m sorry for not informing you earlier and making you worried. Anyway, i think i’m heading back first. I’m not feeling so well.” I quitely said as my other hand massage my forehead.

“can you go home by yourself? I could take you home if you want”

“No, it’s fine. I can go by myself.”

“Well... okay then. Be careful on your way home.”

“Yeah... thanks, Bye Noraa.” I bid her goodbye.

I put my phone back at my pocket. I continued to go to my motorcycle and quickly went home. Since i’m not in the mood and feeling quite sick, I went straight to bed as i arrived at my house. As i fall asleep, the same dream that happened the night before came back again.